The online racing simulator
Downforce settings for different sets
Downforce settings for different sets are the same, and every time i restart lfs its always at the defualt.
Sorry? You mean the downforce is not saved in setups? It is on mine? I think I've misunderstood what you mean!
Weird one. Think you're after bug reports.
The bar that is for test speed. Though i have no idea what this bar does, it is the same for every set.
That merely allows you to set a particular speed in meters per second to see how much downforce and drag is generated at that speed. It has no effect on the car's setup.
Ah, so that what it does. Thanks for clearing that up forbin.
Ah, so that what it does. Thanks for clearing that up forbin.
This leaves me with a good question for the physics gurus here....

How in the hell do you interpret what that speed/aero calculator thing does...?

And is it important to use it?
Well, it tells you the forces acting on the wings/undertray. This information isn't really that useful on it's own because you can't immediately work out how it well affect the car balance at speed. For starters, you need to know the wing positions and where the undertray acts, so you can see how grip increases at the front/rear relative to each other. With that you would get a good idea if certain wing angles will give oversteer or understeer. Tyre load sensitivity will also make a difference.

I don't use it, but then I made some better (the aero panel on GRC):

[/advert]

In the end data analysis can only take you so far, final adjustments always need to be done from driving and tweaking until the car handles how you want it.
I think its for guys to figure out how much it would hurt getting stuck under a F1 car at various speeds....

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG