The online racing simulator
F1 2007 Brittish Grand Prix! *spoilers inside!*
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2007/7/6422.html

Kimi Raikkonen set the pace as the only man to dip into the 1m 20s bracket at Silverstone on Friday, pushing his Ferrari round in 1m 20.639s to dominate the day's second practice session for the British Grand Prix.

Like everyone else, the Finnish driver found the wind, especially in that session, made things difficult on the limit and had a couple of off-track moments at Copse corner as a result.
But like team mate Felipe Massa, second in the afternoon on 1m 21.138s, he felt that they had worked through the planned programme, obtained a decent balance, and are in very good shape thus far. Unusually, the red cars covered a lot more mileage than normal in practice.

Interposing ahead of McLaren, Toyota had Ralf Schumacher third (1m 21.381s) and Jarno Trulli fifth (1m 21.467s), building on a strong performance here at the test in June. Both TF107s were reliable and quick, though there is inevitably a question mark over the fuel load they were running.

McLaren weren’t too worried about joint third and sixth-fastest times (1m 21.381s and 1m 21.616s) in the afternoon (especially as Lewis Hamilton’s morning time was second fastest overall). The Englishman was very happy with his car’s pace, and said neither he nor Fernando Alonso had been going for fast times in the afternoon, but were rather following the planned schedule.

Williams also had their tail up, with Nico Rosberg seventh (1m 21.619s) and Alex Wurz eighth (1m 21.650s), the final runners below 1m 22s. Rosberg in particular believes there is more to come from the FW29 on Saturday.

Mark Webber was pleased to have a reliable Red Bull again today, and with his ninth fastest time (1n 22.137s) in the afternoon, but while celebrating re-signing for 2008 David Coulthard struggled with oversteer under braking in his RB3 and went off the track and was only 14th (1m 22.428s).

Anthony Davidson completed the top 10 for Super Aguri with 1m 22.143s and was happy with that despite an undisclosed technical problem that affected him with 20 minutes to go, but Takuma Sato was down in 16th (1m 22.487s), despite lapping only three-tenths of a second slower than his team mate. Once again the midfield times were very close, as the Renaults, the BMW Saubers and Coulthard were squeezed between the two Super Aguris.

Giancarlo Fisichella complained mainly of traffic but was happy with his R27 (12th on 1m 22.257s), as was Heikki Kovalainen (11th on 1m 22.189s), who said the basic balance was good. While Robert Kubica was quite happy with his F1.07 and said he had quite an easy day (13th on 1m 22.372s), BMW Sauber team mate Nick Heidfeld (15th on 1m22.486s) was much less satisfied as his car became progressively more difficult to drive. He, at least, had no back problems, but the same could not be said of Jenson Button who was 15th in the morning (1m 23.517s) before surrendering his car to Honda reserve driver Christian Klien for the afternoon. Team mate Rubens Barrichello said he had a standard Friday on his way to 17th overall (1m 22.511s) and was happy with the balance, while Klien (18th on 1m 23.833s) inevitably struggled a little but focused more on long runs rather than times.

Scott Speed was happier with his Toro Rosso than Tonio Liuzzi was with his, as they took 19th and 20th fastest times (1m 22.840s and 1m 23.105s) on a circuit on which they had been expected to do well, but both ran high fuel loads all day. Liuzzi’s problem was getting a decent balance on his STR02. At Spyker, Christijan Albers’ experience paid off, although he wasn’t that happy with his F8-VII’s balance (21st on 1m 23.113s), while Adrian Sutil (22nd on 1m 23.720s) struggled on Bridgestone’s harder tyre and then found set-up changes promoting too much understeer. Subsequently he crashed at Copse.

The forecast is for similar conditions on Saturday, but if the wind persists it will continue to tax engineers as they try to set-up their cars for what amounts to a moving target.
#2 - MR_B
Make that "British"
YAY for Kimi! Ferrari really do look like they are back on form but I guess we won't know for sure until quali.
Saturday practice

Saturday practice
1. Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1.19,751 17 laps
2. Fernando Alonso McLaren-Mercedes +0,169 12
3. Felipe Massa Ferrari +0,218 17
4. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes +0,593 12
5. Nico Rosberg Williams-Toyota +0,915 17
6. Ralf Schumacher Toyota +1,019 21
7. Vitantonio Liuzzi Toro Rosso-Ferrari +1,125 21
8. Heikki Kovalainen Renault +1,131 17
9. Nick Heidfeld BMW +1,131 19
10. Anthony Davidson Super Aguri-Honda +1,164 23
11. Giancarlo Fisichella Renault +1,232 19
12. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault +1,251 16
13. Scott Speed Toro Rosso-Ferrari +1,288 19
14. Rubens Barrichello Honda +1,389 22
15. Alexander Wurz Williams-Toyota +1,397 17
16. Robert Kubica BMW +1,405 17
17. Jarno Trulli Toyota +1,570 18
18. David Coulthard Red Bull-Renault +1,592 16
19. Jenson Button Honda +1,832 24
20. Takuma Sato Super Aguri-Honda +1,994 23
21. Christijan Albers Spyker-Ferrari +2,350 23
22. Adrian Sutil Spyker-Ferrari +2,429 24

Kimi has had the fastest times in practice sessions so far,
but McLaen isn't that far off.

Lets see, looks interesting. I hope it doesn't rain during qualifying.
WAAAAAAHHHHHHHH Best Quali I have seen in years, Raikkonens time was stunning considering he ran wide in the last turn. Hamilton...wow, where did that come from. At no point did he look fastest, then he just pulled it out of the bag on his last attempt, fantastic.
Funny how Hamilton always does better after reading Fernando's telemetry.

Anyway, fernando just said he had more fuel.. I wanna see what's Kimi's strategy. He was REALLY fast.
Very close in the top 4. Interesting to see what kind of fuel strategies we see tomorrow.
Awesome qualifying! Couldn't believe how Kimi beat Alonso with that error on the last corner. Then Hamilton comes and destroys everyone! I have a feeling he is lightest on fuel though.
Very good qualifying session, action packed towards the end. Kimi's lap with that error would have blown Hamilton away! I was very surprised to see Ralf Schumacher in p6, a good effort from him after what has been a terrible season for him and Toyota. Lets hope he doesn't take anyone one out at t1

Looking forward to the race...
I have a feeling Hamilton was intentionally sandbagging all qualifying, he was rough and ragged all session then strung together a miracle lap... He's just winding us up now!

Kimi does look intimidatingly large in his mirrors though, i'm looking forward to the first 3 laps - after that i've a feeling the race will have played out this time, unless we get a nice shower.
Quote from diablo21 :Funny how Hamilton always does better after reading Fernando's telemetry.

He probably also reads Fernando's "Driving Primer For Rookies Who Are Leading The Championship" in the bathroom and keeps a copy of Fernando's essay from the previous race "How Not To Overtake On the Outside" in the cockpit.

Man, where would he be without Fernando?

All in all a pretty intense qualifying session - all we can do now is hope for rain.
If it Rains Hamilton will walk it (The race That Is)
I'm sure he would be willing to sacrifice practice at the actual track in exchange for reading telemetry from someone who has a completely different driving technique.

Its fairly obvious that Kimi and Lewis are the guys running lower fuel loads, Hamilton will really need to be on it all race to beat Kimi. I wouldn't rule out Kubica for a podium either, anything can happen. If its wet my money would be on Alonso though, since Hamilton has not had much practice in the wet.
#14 - J.B.
Quote from J.B. :Here's another on board clip for you guys. It's the last few minutes of q3 with footage from FA, FM, KR and LH. None of the laps looked really impressive but Silverstone just is a great track to watch F1 cars at high speed.

http://rapidshare.com/files/41 ... stone_q3_onboard.avi.html

Any chance of putting it on another website? Yousendit.com, Dailymotion or Youtube.com perhaps?
#16 - J.B.
I could do megaupload if you want, but all the other ones I've used are too unreliable or too crap (youtube) for my liking. Say yes and I'll upload it.

PS: What specific problem are you having with rapidshare?
Quote from CELTIC100 :If it Rains Hamilton will walk it (The race That Is)

Well lets hope he runs at least, then he might stand a chance of beating the Honda's

I think Hamilton had the speed all along, fuel loads will be somewhat similar between the four I'm guessing. Lets hope hammy will get a good start this time!
Was it just me or was the coverage crap? Watching the last sector of each driver was really annoying and then rather than seeing British star Hamiltons lap we get everyone else's times only for Hamilton to have been fastest!?! I expect a bias to the 'home' driver and when I actually wanted one there wasn't, shoddy work. Still the pre race show will have his lap onboard. I hope they show it unfettered from the low front wing position or similar.

On a side note, am I the only one that dislikes seeing the onboard shots of the drivers when they are racing, I mean what am I supposed to get from that kind of shot? Do they think I've forgotten that someone is driving it?
I have to say Kimi is being so fast after those Ferrari changes. I think if he didn't go wide in the last turn he would have beaten Hamilton by miles! Anyways, go Ferrari, go Kimi!!
Quote from diablo21 :Funny how Hamilton always does better after reading Fernando's telemetry.

Anyway, fernando just said he had more fuel.. I wanna see what's Kimi's strategy. He was REALLY fast.

Funny how FA's crew refuses to share information with LH's crew, i highly doubt he would be reading his telemtry, LH likes his cars to oversteer, FA likes it to be more understeery. if it rains i have a feeling LH has it in the bag cus of his driving style.

(I didn't do this)
Quote from J.B. :I could do megaupload if you want, but all the other ones I've used are too unreliable or too crap (youtube) for my liking. Say yes and I'll upload it.

PS: What specific problem are you having with rapidshare?

Just don't want to pay lol.

It's downloading after all, thanks.
I think that it's wonderful to have such a close GP at the top. I really couldn't pick one between Raikkonen and Hamilton, also i wouldn't put it past Alonso to spring a few surprises. The result in the end will probably depend on a combination of the perepheral factors more than the actual pace of the cars as they are so close (only .1 of a seccond between the Ferrari and McLaren in Q2). If lewis does manage to stay ahead at the start, which being on the grippy side of the grid is fairly likely, then Kimi will have a real fight on his hands even though he has a faster car. Kimi likes silverstone though and i think there could be a titanic battle between the two of them today... throw in some rain and you have all the elements of a classic

CAN'T WAIT!!!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG