The online racing simulator
S2 License Display on Demo
(15 posts, started )
While palying on the Demo servers, if you press ctrl+shift, would it be better if you could see who has a license? (As displayed as you unlocked it)

This could also reveal crackers--as their usernames would not be in the database.

Could it check people on demo servers who have s2 licenses?

Would this even help?
+1...IF it could be implemented. I doubt it could be though, for reasons i cant explain....i just dont think it could be done

Good suggestion though.

Btw, about the cracker part, there is nothing they could do about that. The most they could do is ban that person from the server, due to the fact they would'nt be able to trace the cracker.
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :While palying on the Demo servers, if you press ctrl+shift, would it be better if you could see who has a license? (As displayed as you unlocked it)

This could also reveal crackers--as their usernames would not be in the database.

Could it check people on demo servers who have s2 licenses?

Would this even help?

People who crack the game can't connect to the master server as it stands... That's why you have to enter a username + password to unlock LFS. That username and password is checked everytime you connect to the master server.
I am talking about-If you have an s2 license, it has to be verified, whether going on demo OR s2..

Wouldn't that help somewhat?
Hmm, it could potentially stopped cracked copies from joining demo servers. Which is pointless as they could have a second demo install for demo online play. Or just press "lock LFS" then crack it again without fear of using up unlocks.
That is true...hmm.

Still I say it is a good idea for the first suggestion--to allow people to see whether you have a license.

I would say that maybe a cracked Live For Speed would secretly install a file in the registry, but maybe that is too drastic.
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :
I would say that maybe a cracked Live For Speed would secretly install a file in the registry, but maybe that is too drastic.

That would actually make LFS more towards the spyware-direction and less car sim.
I know crackers are a very big problem, but installing files to find out if its cracked or not isn't really the answer. Most antivirus-programs would notice anyways.

I say +1 for the suggestion in first post, but -1 at installing hidden files on the computers.
I like the idea of displaying the license info simply because there's been many times I've raced on the demo for quite a few hours on the weekends only to find out when I'm finished that I was racing with 3 other licensed users. It would just be nice information to have.
Quote from Bob Smith :Hmm, it could potentially stopped cracked copies from joining demo servers. Which is pointless as they could have a second demo install for demo online play. Or just press "lock LFS" then crack it again without fear of using up unlocks.

And the can change their two usernames to something else (crackers could change name to licenced members e.g Bob Smith) and change their names to someone else (like Niko - LFS n00b)
#10 - Jakg
Quote from keiran :People who crack the game can't connect to the master server as it stands... That's why you have to enter a username + password to unlock LFS. That username and password is checked everytime you connect to the master server.

only sends off the username/password for verification when you check the S1/S2 server list, not demo.

-1 for impersonation.
While we're at it, why not allow S2 licensed drivers to have their skins downloaded. Imagine the one-up-manship inherent in driving on a demo server knowing everyone was marvelling at your fancy car skin, while everyone else appears in that lovely alpine white. You'd also be able to identify the S2 licensed drivers who, like you, are also cruising about in demo-land.

Rakhsh
A cracked version of S2 can connect to demo.

But it cannot connect to S1-S2 servers !

Offline they will have ALL the cars if they crack it offline, but ONLY offline!

And driving against the AI (in the current terrible state the AI are in) is pointless!

Thats the facts as they are now.

They dont have a true S2 experience becaus they'r not racing on S1/S2 servers!

A cracked version of LFS will bore you in my opinion!

Its easier to simply pay for the sim. The price is right for a lifetime license, and low cost upgrades!

(compared to RFactor's useless licensing (Max 5 activations, ever-then buy new license? thats retarded!)

So simple anser is... DO NOTHING : because they really dont get much out of the cracked version! (they dont get the S2 'ONLINE' experience anayway)

Im babbling...
Okay--but aside that, I'd still like to see who has s2 when I play. The information could be checked in the server. (Username and password)

But if either are incorrect, then the game is locked..

Could help somewhat, if not very little.
#14 - GerG
Yeah, but if one could see who has S2, and got the usernames, password cracking would be more easier. So -1 here.
Demo users see our usernames every time they look at the forum. What does that have to do with passwords?

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG