The online racing simulator
Game startup error
(3 posts, started )
Game startup error
Hi, It's been a while since I've been playing LFS S2. And when I first got it, it was working fine. (I forgot what the patch was when I stopped playing). Anyways, one day I wanna go and play it and I go to start it up and there's suddenly a black screen with what I believe was "Error 002" or something in red letters. I forgot . I tried rebooting the computer to play it and tried it over and over again about 5 times and I gave up . My uncle tried to fix it and he didn't know what it was. And he said when I get my computer done, to put it on there. (I'm using another computer to play it). And I believe it's uninstalled right now. And here's a question, Since I paid for the S2 licence, and I can only get 3 things of it for 3 different computers, (I still have 2 things left) Does that mean I can at least get one thing back so I can have 3 credits again? :banghead:

Jeffrey N.

The above letter was written by my son. He worked hard to earn the money to buy the license to play this game. He enjoyed it very much, up until it suddenly stopped working. My husband and I have tried and failed to fix this problem for him. Including reading just about every forum to see if there was anything we could do. Is there a problem with the patch he previously downloaded? Is there a problem with the game itself? Please respond so my son is able to use the game again. Please send any correspondence to my e-mail [email protected].

Thank you,
Hollie (Frustrated mother)
Some questions, not really for my diagnosis, but someone who may be of help:

-Did this happen when trying to get online to play, or offline?

-Did the error message in red say something to the effect of "JOOS ERROR"?

-Do you have any add on programs to enhance Live For Speed, like LFS LApper, Tweek, etc.

NOt to worry; someone will have an answer of some sort, but the more information that you are able to provide, the better the diagnosis. The Live For Speed Developers are I am sure quite happy to help, but give them time, and others time, to find the problem.
You have found the right forum to work out the problem.

First of all, try starting LFS with all other extra background programs shut down... This includes Messenger, skype, ICQ, virus scanners, X-fire etc. etc.

If it works, then try restarting it enabling one extra background program one by one, until you find the culprit.

If this doesn't work, get your son to re-download the whole game from the official website (www.lfs.net). It is around 120mb. You don't have to unlock it to test it out; it will be in demo mode. If it works fine, then go ahead and unlock it.

I am not sure if the licensing system has changed, but it used to be you could have a maximum of 3 unlocks, and if you used 1 unlock, you would be given a new unlock credit each month.

Good luck

Game startup error
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG