The online racing simulator
DEMO vs S2 (Forums)
(27 posts, started )

Poll : S2 to view

Closed since :
Good idea
Bad idea
DEMO vs S2 (Forums)
Hello all! I was thinking that it would help if you had to have a S2 license to view the "autocross layouts" section of the forums, it would prevent flaming Make it so it says something like "Sorry, but you must log in as an S2 licensed racer to view this category." Sound good or no?

-Dustin
#2 - aoun
Good Idea..

Demo users will want s2 because they will get more cars and tracks.. But once they get cars and tracks AND addons AND layouts etc, they will want LFS even more..
I don't particularly see this as practical as viewing this content could be more of an instinctive to buy S2 for Demo users. Though the flaming is a problem but thats never going to stop no matter how much u want it to change.
#4 - Jakg

They get to see a feature exists and is used, but can't actually use it themselves.

Why bother...?
-1. It could remove a bit of flaming, but it would also remove an excellent method for stupid crackers to reveal themselves.

Whatever, I'd much rather see them hire a grammar-nazi-moderator who warns and bans for atrocious posting.
+1 from me.
Don`t know if it would stop the flaming, but it`s worth a try.
I say +1

We all know that people crack the game already, it's no secret. So why give them even less incentive to buy it by providing something else for them to do?
Maybe not blocking the entire section, but at least their ability to download the layouts. Then they could see some of the cool layouts but wouldn't have access.
That sounds like a better suggestion.
Thats works too
Allow access, disallow download of .lyt files?
Allow access to view the thread, but not download the files
Should restrict uploading layouts too.
I would let the demo users watch S2 replays, but not play S2 content. I want them salivating all over their keyboards until they buy S2
Quote from breadfan :I would let the demo users watch S2 replays, but not play S2 content. I want them salivating all over their keyboards until they buy S2

I agree - not that im bias or anything
Quote from J@tko :I agree - not that im bias or anything

It's a negative thing... You will only be able to WATCH REPLAYS...
Quote from sgt.flippy :It's a negative thing... You will only be able to WATCH REPLAYS...

I know - but its better than not being able to - i could watch races like the 12h of Kyoto or MoE or BOTT on LFS
+1 from me.
+1 here too, but just one little thing: crackers might try to crack the forum to get access to restricted sections. Just a thought. We all know it's been done before, and this might just encourage it.
A big -1 here. Why should demo users not be allowed on a specific part of the forum? There's already enough elitism flying around, the forums don't need any more, IMO.

What is the problem with demo users?
Quote from DieKolkrabe :A big -1 here. Why should demo users not be allowed on a specific part of the forum? There's already enough elitism flying around, the forums don't need any more, IMO.

What is the problem with demo users?

A lot of them come in and suggest things like more cars? Also, they post in autocross layout threads and skin threads that they don't have the access to on the game. Why do they need to see whats going on in the forums if it doesn't concern them?
Quote from J@tko :I know - but its better than not being able to - i could watch races like the 12h of Kyoto or MoE or BOTT on LFS

You seem like you know more about Community events than I do... Just buy the game dood.
Quote from mcintyrej :A lot of them come in and suggest things like more cars? Also, they post in autocross layout threads and skin threads that they don't have the access to on the game. Why do they need to see whats going on in the forums if it doesn't concern them?

Just for the record, demo users do have access to skinning licensed content. They can use the CMX viewer. In fact, even complete LFS non-users can skin the licensed content of LFS.
+1/-1 from me. It depends on how its implemented. But I don't see how blocking demo users from seeing certain sections of the forum will make them want to buy the game, it will probably just piss them off. It would, however, stop the constant flaming, and burning bananas, which is nice. Letting demo users VIEW replays but not test drive is a BAD idea IMO, why give them more? They don't own the game.
~Bryan~
I like that idea !! +1
I don't think hiding a feature from potential customers is a good marketing plan. Flaming? We got mods for that, and this forums is definitely low on flaming compared to others.

DEMO vs S2 (Forums)
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG