The online racing simulator
Missing Sound
(18 posts, started )
Missing Sound
According to Windows my Realtek AC97 is fine but I get no sound. It's not disabled in services and on volume control it's set to highest. I think it was webHancer which hacked in last night
#2 - Jakg
Format Windows.

You've totally killed this OS and even with 20 million Anti-Virus apps you've somehow got totally infected. START AGAIN!
I'd recommend reinstalling the sound driver, happened to me a few weeks ago

EDIT: woops beaten xD... or do what jakg said, but this time, don't install windows, go outside and enjoy the lovely weather

Option 2: take a Nooblets PC Course
My AVG apps won't start anymore, Ad aware keeps crashing and RegRun is totally crap for this kinda thing.

Thanks Mr. Bouncer
format pc (whole hdd) and install windows again.

before putting back your backup data (and I really mean that) finish the installation with windows updates, drivers, antivir software and all the nice stuff. And than scan your backup before putting it back...

(ps: that needs prolly a big usb stick or a spare hdd)
FIXED - My monitor's speakers are dead so I use my HI-Fi speakers
Quote from Jakg :Format Windows.

You've totally killed this OS and even with 20 million Anti-Virus apps you've somehow got totally infected. START AGAIN!

I swear sometimes you're just completely unhelpful. Every problem he has you put down to how many anti-virus packages he has installed, or what he "must have" done to his PC. If you can't offer a realistic, helpful solution, why bother? As it turns out, it was a very simple problem, that was nothing to do with how his computer is maintained.
I've just set up my 99p speakers and they are amazing sound quality wise
#9 - aoun
Kaspersky is the best Anti-virus to get!
Quote from JamesF1 :I swear sometimes you're just completely unhelpful. Every problem he has you put down to how many anti-virus packages he has installed, or what he "must have" done to his PC. If you can't offer a realistic, helpful solution, why bother? As it turns out, it was a very simple problem, that was nothing to do with how his computer is maintained.

Quote from shaun463 :My AVG apps won't start anymore, Ad aware keeps crashing and RegRun is totally crap for this kinda thing.

Thanks Mr. Bouncer

Based on that description I would highly recommend to solve that problems first before thinking about anything else
Why is this in off topic, and not one of the Hardware forums?
Shaun may post everywhere he want's. Even if its about his girlfriend and still posting in the hardware section.
Sweet, I want to be able to post "HALP. I LOST MY PASSWORD LULZ" threads in one of the Spanish forums.
Only Shaun is able to do that. Don't ask me why.
I'd recommend not to clean your ears with a toothpick next time
Quote from shaun463 :I've just set up my 99p speakers and they are amazing sound quality wise

Don't believe ye.. or it's just that I'm used to good sound quality.
Quote from shaun463 :I've just set up my 99p speakers and they are amazing sound quality wise

I wish we could buy high quality speakers for 99 pence here...
Well they're not that good but they're much better than my monitors speakers

Missing Sound
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG