The online racing simulator
[Req] Move the selected gear indicator somewhere I can see it
Although I am S2 licensed for a while now, I have only dedicated myself to LFS recently.

I learn the tracks by memorizing which the gear I need to have engaged at each corner. Usually I keep track of which gear is engaged but when I have to get through a lot of action on the track, I forget which gear I am using.

The problem is that when I need to look at the selected gear indicator on the dashboard to get a reminder, I can't see it! It's hidden by the steering wheel in most cars! I've been racing in the XRG and I find this most annoying. Not knowing whether I am in 2nd or 3rd gear makes me even slower.

I'm afraid turning off the steering wheel is not a solution. I need it to see how much I've turned since my controller's wheel doesn't turn as much as the car's.

This is a problem in the following cars: UF1, XRG, RB4, XRT, UFR, FXR, XRR, FZR.

Perhaps the selected gear indicator can be moved to somewhere more visible on the dashboard, such as the space just above between the tachometer and speedometer.

I am using the default in-car view settings, except for the FOV, which is 95º. The resolution is 1360x768. See the attached image (downsized).
Attached images
lfs_00000003.jpg
#2 - Dannz
You could try turning on the virtual guages, which means your gear selection will be at the bottom left of the screen, along with the tachometer and speedo.
You really should use the search function before making a new thread.
Try this thread

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG