playing lfs on a 42" screen is.....
(27 posts, started )
amazing!!!

ill try get more pics!!
#2 - ORION
OMG this looks crazy!!
how much $$?
i am planning on getting something like that next year... 42" is about ... what.. £1450 / $2800 at a rough guess (if u shop in the right place)
Wowowowow!!
#6 - JJ72
Right, what you need now is just a surround sound system, a racing frame with frex Steering wheel + shifter + pedals then all of the above multiplied by 16 for a giant gang bang.
the tele actually cost £2200

im gunna hook my computer up 2 it one night
I had a nice Sony FW900 24" widescreen CRT about a month ago. I posted some screenshots of LFS on it elsewhere. Max res is 2048x1280 or 1920x1440. The monitor itself will go higher (2304x1440) but my video card won't!

It has since had some problems with suddenly going from perfect to super blurry in about a millisecond.

The image attached is a raw screen buffer dump compressed to jpeg at 2048x120 with 8x AA and 16x AF.
Attached images
LX6-big.jpg
My 46" Plasma was £1200, and yes, LFS looks good on it, although for some reason its a little streched.

Dan.
What resolution does that run at? My 22" (4:3) monitor runs upto 2048x1536, but it turns out that AA and AF turn off at any resolution above 1600x1200. So that is what I play LFS at, since it looks best. Anybody know a way to get around that? Running at 800x600 really does make everything look very PlayStationy (grainy/lack of detail).

Only running 0.3G? A bit ancient man.
What card, Bob? As you can see in the screenshot I posted, AA and AF worked fine for me at 2048x1280 with my 6800GT 128MB.
Hey that is the screen my cousins have!!! Maybe I should head over there and play some with my laptop

Looks like fun

But nothing beats a theatre sized white screen in an auditorium!! (did it at a LAN party)
Quote from Forbin :What card, Bob? As you can see in the screenshot I posted, AA and AF worked fine for me at 2048x1280 with my 6800GT 128MB.

Yesss I just got a 6600GT 128MB so hopefully it might look that good at a lower resolution

Mmmm I'm so excitied for my upgrade.

Anyway back on topic.
I envy you

P.S. thanks for the new background Forbin
Quote from Tweaker :Hey that is the screen my cousins have!!! Maybe I should head over there and play some with my laptop

Looks like fun

But nothing beats a theatre sized white screen in an auditorium!! (did it at a LAN party)

LOL that's for sure. A couple a years ago we used a projector of a friend of
mine and had a screen of I dunno...9'-10' across. LOL we improvised a dash
and used two csrs seats. It was cool.
Very nice! Santa's been a couple of days early?
Quote from Forbin :What card, Bob? As you can see in the screenshot I posted, AA and AF worked fine for me at 2048x1280 with my 6800GT 128MB.

6600GT AGP with 81.95 drivers.

I'm not too fussed though, since anything above 1600x1200 runs at 75Hz anyway, which is too flickery for me.
That's nothing! Haha. Me and my mates work in a theatre and it was the last day, so we decided to abuse our privileges and have a try at our theatre's 16 meters cinema screen + 12000Watts cinema sound system.
Oh boy, now that was a blast gaming on that thing.. now every screen looks tiny, haha.
Best thing was, I have access to the catering facilities at my theatre so we never had a thirsty or hungry moment while playing!
I was wondering, is it an advantage in terms of speed driving with a bigger screen, or just more fun? And lets say u wanna become hotlap leader, can u do this with average specs,steer,pedals and ofcourse lots of talent...

I dont have the illusion i can, but just wondering...
#19 - Vain
When you are nearly blind and can't distinguish the cars from the track on a 15" screen you might want a bigger one. Otherwise the screensize only makes playing more fun/immersive and you can increase the aspect ratio, which gives you a better overview of the car (and helps watching people who try to overtake you).

Vain
#20 - Jakg
Quote from Forbin :I had a nice Sony FW900 24" widescreen CRT about a month ago. I posted some screenshots of LFS on it elsewhere. Max res is 2048x1280 or 1920x1440. The monitor itself will go higher (2304x1440) but my video card won't!

It has since had some problems with suddenly going from perfect to super blurry in about a millisecond.

The image attached is a raw screen buffer dump compressed to jpeg at 2048x120 with 8x AA and 16x AF.

[noob question]how do you change AA and AF?[/n00b question]
Quote from Jakg :[noob question]how do you change AA and AF?[/n00b question]

Driver preferences.

Quote from Bob Smith :6600GT AGP with 81.95 drivers.

I'm not too fussed though, since anything above 1600x1200 runs at 75Hz anyway, which is too flickery for me.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Fortunately my Sony 24" runs (ran) 2048x1280 @ 85HZ.

It's getting repaired at the moment. With any luck I should be getting it back shortly after the spring semester starts in late January.
no, it does ven, i guess scawen made the mirror low resolution like that for the sake of .. more FPS, which makes since, dont really need such a high quality mirror

(you can see the AA working in the mirrors though, but its hard since the mirrors already are quite blurry)
#24 - Jakg
Quote from Forbin :Driver preferences.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Fortunately my Sony 24" runs (ran) 2048x1280 @ 85HZ.

It's getting repaired at the moment. With any luck I should be getting it back shortly after the spring semester starts in late January.

i still cant find it! or driver preferences!
Quote from Jakg :i still cant find it! or driver preferences!

Right click on the desktop, properies, settings, advanced... from there it depends if you're with ATI or nVidia (or someone/thing else).

(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG