The online racing simulator
9800 gx2
(27 posts, started )
9800 gx2
Who wouldn't want it? Thats a lot of money though.
Nice.....Now we can get 42 fps in crysis with this card.....42 fps and this is the best graphic card out there.
Wow. I'd much rather wait till the price drops a bit before buying that beast...
The OcUK one, added today is almost £100 cheaper than the other cards. Much more viable at £350, bringing it more in line with the 3870X2
Quote from CobraDrifter :Nice.....Now we can get 42 fps in crysis with this card.....42 fps and this is the best graphic card out there.

Wrong i have seen 8800gtx Sli hit 75avg fps in the crysis benchmark with 95fps being his max.

Quote :75.730 | PCZ | intel e8500 @ 4400mhz | nvidia 8800gtx 768mb @ 632/1000/1512 | sli | Windows XP 32bit

http://itsoapbox.com/images/crysisibench4.png

That's at 1280x1024. People who will buy a 9800 GX2 or have an 8800GTX SLI normaly have a 24'' or 30'' LCD.
Quote from rc10racer :Wrong i have seen 8800gtx Sli hit 75avg fps in the crysis benchmark with 95fps being his max.

Maybe without 16x AA and/or other qualities.
Quote from rc10racer :Wrong i have seen 8800gtx Sli hit 75avg fps in the crysis benchmark with 95fps being his max.

With highest graphic possible?Highest AA and all that?and playing in 2048?Not sure.
Anandtech Crysis Benches. That's with a dual QX9775 setup too...

edit: Maybe I should have waited on buying my 3870X2 and spent a bit more getting this...oh, well. Live and learn
Quote from amp88 :
edit: Maybe I should have waited on buying my 3870X2 and spent a bit more getting this...oh, well. Live and learn

If your motherboard can do tri-sli, you can add a 3870XT and they will work quite happily as if they were three single cards in sli.
Sli is nvidia not ati. Do ati have a mobo that can do Tri crossfire? If they do its news to me
TriCF is cheaper. But it's pointless ATM since the drivers aren't out yet. And you need a CF compatible MOBO - X38/48 or something from AMD. It works on a P35/45 but it's a bit slower, which is a plus for CF; since it's not that much slower actually.

Oh well, i'm glad my 7900 GTO can hadle LFS, RBR and TDU.
Quote from andybarsblade :Sli is nvidia not ati. Do ati have a mobo that can do Tri crossfire? If they do its news to me

Yeah I meant Crossfire. You know I did
I've heard some rumors from friends / websites that the 9800gx2 doesn't give that mutch " power " compared too that stiff prize. I'd love too have one of those but but some say that i should wait for the 9800GT/GTX/GTS cards come out. Lower prize but still kicks ass. Am i right or wrong?
#20 - need
The benchmarks I've seen for the 9800GX2 so far, seem to indicate that it's pretty much equivalent to 2x 8800GT's in SLI mode.
Given that, and the pricing, I've have to save it would make more sense to go for the SLI setup if you've got the motherboard for it, than spend the extra money on the 9800GX2.
It's obvious this is a QuadSLI solution for SLI or 8800 GTS SLI performance solution for single x16 slot motherboards. And rumours? How the hell could you hear rumours? The tests are out there, the numbers are known, both the performance and price ones. No rumours here, just pure, cold facts.
Quote from need :The benchmarks I've seen for the 9800GX2 so far, seem to indicate that it's pretty much equivalent to 2x 8800GT's in SLI mode.
Given that, and the pricing, I've have to save it would make more sense to go for the SLI setup if you've got the motherboard for it, than spend the extra money on the 9800GX2.

I thought it is 2 8800GTs in SLI on the same board?
Quote from need :The benchmarks I've seen for the 9800GX2 so far, seem to indicate that it's pretty much equivalent to 2x 8800GT's in SLI mode.

Its two G92-chip GTSes in SLI, slightly underclocked (so I've read). My current plan is for exactly that, rather than a GX2, however it doesn't look like I'll get the money for my new PC until jJune at least now, so maybe there'll be a true next-gen GPU waiting for me by then
Quote from supersokk :I've heard some rumors from friends / websites that the 9800gx2 doesn't give that mutch " power " compared too that stiff prize. I'd love too have one of those but but some say that i should wait for the 9800GT/GTX/GTS cards come out. Lower prize but still kicks ass. Am i right or wrong?

The 9800GTX is already out and it's an amazing card for the price... it's only about 8%ish better on average than an 8800GTX but even though it just came out the retail price is roughly half of what the 8800GTX was this time last year.
3870x2
dont get the 9800x2 w/e the 3870x2 is better and cheaper performance wise but yea look it up on newegg.com

9800 gx2
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG