The online racing simulator
wont record replays
(16 posts, started )
#1 - mir0z
wont record replays
Hey every1. i searched through the forum with "replay" as a keyword, but only got 25 hits and no answer to my problem.

my problem is that i can't even record a replay. is it not possible to record a replay in single player? and what is the key to start the replay? i cant find a single key which is supposed to be a record button..

appreciate all answers..
Key number 2.
and I think its 1 for single player replay.
#4 - bbman
First of all, you have to enable replay recording in the options (under Misc, afaik). Set it to manual or auto... Then, when you think, you did something worth to be saved, press 1 to let the pc name the replay or press 2 to name it yourself. After that, the replay should start (showing)...

Be aware though, you won't be able to save a replay after telepitting...
nope its 2

keep in mind so far here is a list of the things i know that will effect whether you can save or not:
placing objects
deleting objects
.. doing absolutely anything at all in autocross-layout mode

..and thats all i know of so far
#6 - richy
i thought it was 1 for a single player replay (.spr) and if you are online you do 2 for a multiplayer replay (.mpr) ?

sometimes i get the message "replay is not being recorded" i dont think you can do replays from practice mode or qualifying? i dont know i got a bit confused by it but somehow it worked.

who knows!!
i just said why (or atleast some of the reasons why)

sometimes it just randomly doesnt record.. i havent figured out why it will sometimes.. but other times it just plain doesnt
#8 - Renku
1=single player, 2=multiplayer.

In hotlap mode, when you press 1 the file is named [RACER NAME][TIME]
Quote from Gentlefoot :1=single player, 2=multiplayer.

In hotlap mode, when you press 1 the file is named [RACER NAME][TIME]

AGAIN, NO!
1 is automatic generated file name, as you stated in your second sentence, 2 is name the file yourself like "1337win" or whatever you like...

And if it says, "replay is not being recorded", you started from the pits or you've edited something within the autox-editor, like 'Nuse said...
so wait, if im just racing around and hit 1, it just names a replay whatever and saves it?
or is that hotlap only?
Yeah, if you race online and hit 1, it names it something like "AS3_race_10L_7R_5F.mpr"... Which is quite a good name, because all important information is in it (I leave it to you to find out which information exactly )...
ahhhh thanks
Quote from XCNuse :i just said why (or atleast some of the reasons why)

sometimes it just randomly doesnt record.. i havent figured out why it will sometimes.. but other times it just plain doesnt

So was it with this thing? When i go hotlap it says "replay not recorded" when i press 1, same with 2
If you pitted or updated your controls/your name, the replay won't be saved... Actually, there is only the setup and the input saved in the replay, so changing some values there would affect the replay from the start (and mess it up quite badly)...

Also make sure you've enabled replay saving in "Options" -> "Misc"
Changing wheel turn compensation, force strength, ... will not cause "Not recording".
Changing gear shift mode, wheel -> mouse/kb, ... will cause "Not recording".
Not long ago, when I saw that "Not recording" notification, I exited the hotlapping mode and went to replays. Ran the temp.spr and the replay ended at the same moment when I changed smth in the options.

wont record replays
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG