Dan, your really not helping with some of the discussions in this thread.

Reckon you can button up if you have nothing better to say?
G25s suck? Mine is awesome. It's even better when pared with ECCI pedals, but pretty darn good with the normal ones too. It's hardy, strong and well made. It'd take a loon to break any part of it. And, being Logitech, it'll never go wrong unless you mistreat it. And if it does Logitech will probably sort it all out for you if you play your cards right.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Dan, your really not helping with some of the discussions in this thread.

Reckon you can button up if you have nothing better to say?

Nope....reckon you could though?
Quote from tristancliffe :G25s suck? Mine is awesome. It's even better when pared with ECCI pedals, but pretty darn good with the normal ones too. It's hardy, strong and well made. It'd take a loon to break any part of it. And, being Logitech, it'll never go wrong unless you mistreat it. And if it does Logitech will probably sort it all out for you if you play your cards right.

I agree with about 95% of that post. The wheel and pedal's are fantastic but in my opinion, the shifter is the weak part. The buttons are located nicely, but the wires for the the shifters gear connections are in a very silly place. There connected at the bottom of the shaft, so its very easy for the wire to break its connection and come off, which is my alot of shifters lose reverse or 1 or more of the gears. The shifter on my G25 has broken twice now. The first time, i admit i was a little rough with it but the second time around, i was very careful yet unfortunately, it still broke.
Think i might be going with fanatec now and give one of there wheels a try. The belt driven system is apparently very quite and responsive.

@ Dan, very mature. Well done.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :

@ Dan, very mature. Well done.

yeah i know. i just turned what you said around....must be me copying my immaturity from you.
:doh:

Its no wonder both your accounts got banned from CLC with your attitude.
:doh:

Despite the occassional stupid interjections, I'm finding this G25 conversation very useful! Do you think if you never moved the shifter it would never break? Or even if you left it always attached to the desk but just slid it up and down whenever you needed it; would that help the lifespan?
Well of course if you never moved it, it would never break. The fault occurs from the wiring on the shifter. At the bottom of the shaft, there is a small block, which has the wires for 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th,6th and reverse soldered into it.

These wires then go from the shaft, and up by the d-pad, where they are fixed into a board BUT this can be unclipped easily. This same board also house's the buttons. The reason the gears go is because the soldering is very poor and brittle, and can easily break apart.

When this happens, then the wire obviously lose's contact which is why you lose gears. It has been heard for the contact at the board to break (happened on my second one after taking it apart to investigate) but i believe this is a rare fault. If that does happen, then its beyond repair as the contact breaks away from the board.

If its just the wires at the shaft that have gone, then this is an easy fix. You just take the gater off, and re-solder the wires back on. Obviously with a warranty, this would not be needed.

Sliding the shifter up and down the desk would do nothing to harm or help the lifespan. The wire is flushed into the casing, so is therefore level with the desk and makes minimal contact.
Quote from Mp3 Astra ::doh:

Despite the occassional stupid interjections, I'm finding this G25 conversation very useful! Do you think if you never moved the shifter it would never break? Or even if you left it always attached to the desk but just slid it up and down whenever you needed it; would that help the lifespan?

I slammed my first shifter around.. broke after about 12 months... replacement one was "quiet" and was supposedly one of the new unbreakable ones.. broke that in 5 weeks. Swapped it with Niall's shifter at the Moo-meetup as he only raced FOX and the quiet shifter would be better for late night.

The shifter I used then (Niall's one) I abused good and proper and only broke after... oh.. another 13 months of HARD use.. and I mean to the point where scipy thinks I use button clutch.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 ::doh:

Its no wonder both your accounts got banned from CLC with your attitude.

ok sure?

am i meant to care?
It seems the older "clicky" shifters were stronger. Mine did'nt break until about a year and a half after purchase. My new one arrived nice and it was a silent one. After about a months use, it was'nt silent anymore (my guess is the small bearing on the spring must have worn its contact) and then after just two months, i lost 2nd, 4th and 6th/R. Thats when i told logitech to which they told me to pay £50 for a replacement, even though i was still in warranty! So since my shifter broke, ive been looking for a replacement.

I have a freind over in the US who can get me a shifter for £25 including postage plus i will send a little cash his way for his troubles, so that will come to around £50-60. Im thinking of buying a shifter from the US, or go for a fanatec wheel so i can use it for Forza3 when that arrives. Or i could do both. We shall see.

@ Dan. Ok mate. I really CBA to argue. Sorry for starting it.
Is there any way to make the G25's shifter work standing alone? (without connecting it to the device but directly to pc with some adapters)
Found my old G25 in the loft earlier.

Shifter reverse was broken (all other gears worked fine, reason it was replaced)
Pedals worked fine
Wheel worked fine.

All cables cut, maybe for spare components, or if you are good with electronics you can change over the cables.

Either way, all available for sale. Pretty much any fair price. Offers up

Maybe £25+postage for the lot? Or again individual parts priced seperately, pm or post here, ta.

As Throttlebody (and the dude who bought my mouse) will confirm I am an honest seller. ta.
Hi,

I'm interested in the wheel (only). How much do you sell it?

Do you send for portugal? How much are the shipping costs?

sorry bad english :P

You have your PM box full

regards
I think S14 is on a 30 day ban from posting on the forum.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG