The online racing simulator
The new Aston Martin...
(47 posts, started )
The new Aston Martin...
Seriously, WTF?

Aston Martin Cygnet

I really want to know what the management thought or rather smoked while coming up with this car.
-
(TypeRacing) DELETED by TypeRacing
That looks horrible
Even if it's meant for the "masses", they could do it a little more.. well not that ugly
#3 - BAMBO
They do realize that with this move, they will probably have to reduce the price of their other cars since the company will lose it's prestige thus the only valid reason for their high price tags?

That thing just looks like a smart with an Aston Martin front fascia attached to it
It's only available to current Aston owners. It's not for the masses according to TopGear.com

Quote :You'll only be able to buy a Cygnet if you're an existing Aston owner, so any of you thinking it's a cheap way into Aston ownership, think again.

Why would a person with a "real" Aston want to buy that thing?
girls aston
#7 - JJ72
Isn't that the Toyota IQ?

probably designed to shut the wives up about taking the aston for her school run everytime.
20k for this piece of looking crap.
they had to seriously get smoked when coming with this idea.
when i first looked at it, i said to myself "that looks almost exactly like the Toyota IQ!" then i read on and thats what its based on... IMO the IQ looks better....
Quote from ColeusRattus :Seriously, WTF?

Aston Martin Cygnet

I really want to know what the management thought or rather smoked while coming up with this car.

i bit old new , but
anyhow its will be a special car , because you are only allowed to buy it when you allready own a Aston Martin.

So basicly you need to spent 120.000 before you can buy that one,
Quote from JJ72 :Isn't that the Toyota IQ?

probably designed to shut the wives up about taking the aston for her school run everytime.

it is with a other body kit/ disign, it got the same chass and engine (only 5 hole hp more!!!)
Its funny, and hotmail you do know you can do multiple quotes in one post?
#13 - 5haz
An Aston for the masses would be awful but a pragmatic decision, in these times not that mny people will want to spen money on a big fast car.
/facepalm, they just had to ruin this brand didnt they... that car is awful, i always tough aston martin was a sports car company:bananadea
looks crap!
Aww.. I think it looks cute,
It looks great, better looking than the crappy IQ that its based on and better looking that most other small cars out there especially for the Smart.
Quote from trebor901 :It looks great, better looking than the crappy IQ that its based on and better looking that most other small cars out there especially for the Smart.

Nah, to me it rather looks like a 8 year old white boy dressed as a "gangsta rappah"... Honestly, slapping an Aston Martin front grill on an IQ is just rediculous, plus it really caters only the arrogant side of people: "Look at me, I'm rich enough to sport an Aston Martin and eco friendly enough to leave it in the garage and drive this."
#19 - 5haz
Perhaps if Aston are going to sell small cars they should sell them through a separate 'brand'.
Quote from 5haz :Perhaps if Aston are going to sell small cars they should sell them through a separate 'brand'.

Aston Mini?
gosh.

I understand the reasoning behind it.

I cant particularly fault the car itself.

It's painted pink in the photo, it's got a clear market audience in mind and no doubt it will appeal to that audience.

But like...

Gosh.
its not painted in the photo, thats clay
Quote from ColeusRattus :Honestly, slapping an Aston Martin front grill on an IQ is just rediculous, plus it really caters only the arrogant side of people: "Look at me, I'm rich enough to sport an Aston Martin and eco friendly enough to leave it in the garage and drive this."

In other words a perfect way to cash in 20 k£ without spending a dime in development costs. Small cars are generally overpriced wrt their bigger sisters, luxury versions are even more so.

Basically over the last few decades mostly any mfr that lacked a presence in the small car segments, has been trying to get into it. There sure is a fashion trend for management but I suppose if done well (think Mini or 500) it works wonders.
I like it!

Take that!
#25 - SamH
It makes sense as a sales decision. They'll sell loads, and that'll prop up the business through some harder times. Plus, being built by Toyota, it'll even be reliable, which will certainly help their JD Power reliability survey stats. Perhaps Aston Martin will learn something about how to wire the electrics of a car from this venture, too.

Aston don't need to worry about compromising the "racing pedigree", but they certainly good do with a boost on their longevity numbers. It's all good.

The new Aston Martin...
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG