The online racing simulator
Wimbledon 2010
(21 posts, started )
#1 - J@tko
Wimbledon 2010
Strawberries and cream all round at SW19 - it's Wimbledon!

Federer is being thrashed in the first round
FYI, Lithuanian Ričardas Berankis is first lithuanian since american-lithuanian player Gerulaitis to compete in Wimbledon! And he hails from my hometown, so everyone who is following tennis is w00t here.

Gonna be interesting this year though.
cant be Wimbledon.... meant to be a sunny week!
Well what a first game that was, am glad i was ill so i was able to witness Federer struggling in the first round against Falla. Really was some sight. Feel gutted for Falla felt he could of won that.

Mon the laura Robson,
#5 - J@tko
#6 - J@tko
Currently on Court 18, Mahut vs Ismer:

4-6 6-3 7-6 6-7 43-44

Longest game in grand slam history, most aces in a grand slam game, 1st and 2nd most aces by a player in a grand slam game, longest set both in terms of games and time [6h on the last set alone].

And they're still going.
Quote from J@tko :Currently on Court 18, Mahut vs Ismer:

4-6 6-3 7-6 6-7 43-44.

No way! They must be dieing.
It's gone to 50 - 50 and still no clear sign of a winner.

It's time for Rock Paper and Sissors and get it done with.
59 - 59

"This set is now longer than any MATCH that has taken place."

Awesome stuff.
24 hours of wimbledon
Quote from Kalev EST :59 - 59

"This set is now longer than any MATCH that has taken place."

Awesome stuff.

Finally

Some records Federer won't get :P

Is it bad i've watched EVERY point of that match, and thought it amazing? I bet somebody will upload it in parts to Youtube in a while.
Quote from BBC Sport's Caroline Cheese on Twitter : "Hang on, the umpire is now posing for photos with fans! He'll be on I'm A Celebrity next..."

LOL

Hmm.Thought. Put lights on. Give them relief players. Settle the match through the night?
The umpire should've said I'll see you on centre court in half an hour and legged it over!
Quote from ChiliFan :24 hours of wimbledon

Hehe.

Amazing match indeed. I say they go all day tomorrow as well.
I guess whover the winner will meet in the next round is pretty pleased with this.
They'll have a big problem if they get to 100 games - not only [according to BBC sport] has the Court 18 scoreboard already broken [I assume the games column can't register a 5 in the tens column] but I'm pretty sure the BBC on-screen scorecard can't fit 100 in the games box either :P
They are trying to delay the tournament until the World Cup has finished so they get a bit more attention.
By the time that game is over it will be the semis.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :They are trying to delay the tournament until the World Cup has finished so they get a bit more attention.

The gap between the French open and Wimbeldon is too close anyway though should be atleast another month away.
Awesome game. The only record, they've not beaten, is longest single.. umm.. play? (player serves and game ends when someone fails)
It was in year 1984 on some womens tourney and this single play took around 28 minutes.
It's won!
/thread

Wimbledon 2010
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG