The online racing simulator
NFS Shift 2 Unleashed
(219 posts, started )
I think I'll enjoy it just as much as Dirt2.

Wasn't the most realistic, but with an gamepad it's still a nice game. And I guess that's the same for Shift 2
I stopped bothering with trying to get the right graphics settings when I noticed the input lag. It's unplayable. Even when it's running perfectly smooth. Uninstall.
what input lag? the only thing lagging is the virtual wheel, it does not affect the driving.
LFS spoiled me.
I always drive from the hood in every racing game, except LFS. IDK why.
Can I switch the cockpit blur off?
Not liking the floating/hovercraft feel of the cars and the pendulum swaying!

Ai is pretty cool though, and the grid girls
Quote from JJ72 :what input lag? the only thing lagging is the virtual wheel, it does not affect the driving.

I noticed the input lag too with my DFP. I'm almost unable to control a car properly, theyre floating around on straights...not sure how to fix it.
Quote from jibber :Looks like you don't need to stay on the course to drive fast... is that some kind of arcade setting? If not... dear lord.

I just s*ck at driving when im recording videos with fraps :P I didnt try it with Wheel coz i dont have one. But you can change the Wheel settings in the Options.

Just try it out!
I just downloaded the game myself to try it. I have to say it was exactly like I expected it to. Apart from the fact that the steering and shifting (not the pedals) had a lag of 0.4 sec I can't say that I felt like I was driving the car. It's got the same over all feeling as Shift 1. And then to make me laugh abit I get this "American drift guy" telling me "That was awesome!" when I just drove around slamming the brakes, steering left-right, testing the physics without actually racing. It's a game for people who can't drive, to think that they can drive. Best of all: I now know that everything the developers claimed is one big fat lie. "Shift 2 will be more sim then any sim out there." and "Shift 2 will have the most advanced physics engine ever released in a racing game." I'm just flushing it all down the toilet. I can also say that pirating Shift 2 didn't even close to repay the money I burnt on Shift 1. If the devs wouldn't try to buy sim racing market, I wouldn't hate the way I am. Haters gonna hate.
Quote from pärtan :It's a game for people who can't drive, to think that they can drive

:yipee: Finally a game made just for me
Quote from JJ72 :I've played it for 6 hours or so on the PS3, very very good game.

no complaint with the physics even, just some car's have very odd default setup like the caterham, when some like the supra has really sweet balance. The FF is actually quite good.

can't get use to the helmet cam though, can't tell how much the car is yawing with that cam, so I just use the cockpit cam, which still have some nice head movement.

The AI is real good as well.

Completely agree! Some cars are balanced very well- I drove Seat Leon, Some Aston Martin (on time trial challenge), AE86. Some other cars are exactly like they were taken straight from Shift1 - never wanting to go straight (911, Elise). I have not tried any other cars yet.

With the "balanced cars" the only thing that stops this from being a "sim" for me is that it is a bit too easy to recover weight of the car (even the 'balanced' car), there is almost no @point of no return@. But the way cars react to acceleration, the understeer and oversteer are all in a different league to Shift1. Unfortunately I do not own a console to compare with GT or Forza.

The "unbalanced cars' feel EXACTLY like Shift1 did.

900 degree steering is good on balanced cars.
i tried using 900 degrees and the steering is just so insensitive...

Also, why is driving w/ autoclutch off and gated shifter in this game harder than every other game (LFS, iracing, gt5, etc)? Am I doing something wrong, or is the shifting broken in Shift?
That helmet cam shit is just stupid. When I switched to the hood cam, it's actually playable, but the physics are, well, still arcadish.

I tried drift, and it's impossible for me, even though I drift in LFS...
(G27 btw)
I was so tempted to get it today... but then i said i'm not gonna buy into this crap anymore... must resist!

The game looks fun i must admit. Nevertheless, from every little "review" i've read so far, it seems nobody was actually excited about the physics. People say it's fun, looks and sounds nice, etc. However, the biggest gripe still seems to be the controller issues (wheel and joypad)... there's several threads on gtplanet in the shift section with settings for wheels and pad, to make the game "playable"... which is quite a bad sign IMO.

As much as i'd like to try this, i know i'll be frustrated in the end. I think i'll wait till i can get a cheap copy somewhere.
Quote from jibber :I think i'll wait till i can get a cheap copy somewhere.

Judging by how I know what you like in games, that's the best idea. It's the kind of shallow game you'd have fun with for a few hours and then sort of lose the motivation to play further. EA is pretty good at getting people hyped up but not very good at keeping people hooked. Especially not the ones that enjoy real and sim racing.
Wow, so much fail in one game title. Just damn business.
It's cool how when you start the race engine is heated to 42'C which - as we know - is the optimal temeprature for any engine. Even more cool is that engine get overheated at 60'C. Man... that's seriously hot, no engine can stand temperature that high. That proves that game was developed by profesionals who know everything about cars, which lets them develop the most realistic simulator of all time. [/sarcasm]
Another simulator-pedophile, kids-friendly.
Quote from Amynue :Even more cool is that engine get overheated at 60'C. Man... that's seriously hot, no engine can stand temperature that high..

That'swhy there are no cars in Australia.

NFS Shift 2 Unleashed
(219 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG