The online racing simulator
GURU race saturday evening!
(38 posts, started )
Yes, you read it right!

GURU is alive and kicking again, thanks to the new patch and the renewed interest from the members.

The race will be held on a GURU dedi server at 21.00 (9pm) CET, saturday april 29th.
Track: Aston Grand Touring
Cars: GTR
Laps: 38 (304km)
Starting grid: reversed PB order.

The server will be open a good while in advance for practice.

Please post here if you're interested.

And if any of you are wondering what GURU is, take a look at our website on (temporary) www.norbirds.net
Seems very intersting. How many drivers are you willing to accept?
The server holds 20, so I guess the more the merrier.
count me in
I would like to participate in this Race.
Is there allready a Date when it will be held?

Yeeeehaaaaa!! Booooo!!!!
Now i KNOW that i want to take part

P.S. Oh you meant this Saturday? Thats ok

Bo? Do you like to practise tonight? ...I ll setup the *Code-Rebellion Cup Server to Aston GT
If it works out with work, then I'll be there! I'll do my very best, and start practicing in my XRR
Quote from TDSyco :I would like to participate in this Race.
Is there allready a Date when it will be held?

Yeeeehaaaaa!! Booooo!!!!
Now i KNOW that i want to take part

P.S. Oh you meant this Saturday? Thats ok

Bo? Do you like to practise tonight? ...I ll setup the *Code-Rebellion Cup Server to Aston GT

- Im not home again before tommorrow evening, maybe friday, so no.
#8 - bozo
Count me in too. It'll be a good excuse to revise my XRR setup, learn the new track, and enjoy some racing
There is 2 GURU Servers up and running now, we can set both up for Aston Grand Touring with GTR cars.
Any more server needed we can set up a few more.
I would be there if the race was at an earlier time
I'll give it a shot, count me in.
I will be there at the start. My wife and kid might prevent me from finishing.
I will race if I am about on sat night
I'll be there (if my wife doesn't have other plans )
GURU, what times are you expecting the front runners to be in?
The race should last almost 2 hours, I guess.. using an average laptime of 2:45 times 38 laps is about an hour 45 minutes. Give or take. So that should end the race about 22:45.
Quote from BigDave2967 :GURU, what times are you expecting the front runners to be in?

I wont be one of them.
Quote from Trauma :I wont be one of them.

Heh, thanks for the headsup . I'm referring to what time do you think they would be pacing at? 2:36, 2:37s?
Oh, I hope not! I know I need practice, but I'm lapping hopefully in the 42s. The faster GURU can do high 30s.
I am not sure really, we just started racing the track, and I would think the fastest will be around 38's maybe, but I cant be sure.
It all depends if they manage to make some good setups, I should think.

Most of us race all cars, so we havnt used alot of time on the GTR,
Besides.. almost 2 hours of race time.. Consistency will beat blistering pace any day. A good, stable setup that can do consistent times lap after lap without burning rubber is gonna do it!
Hi , I am interested in this and if I enter itll be in an FZR

Just done a few test laps and looks like I can do mid 37's to low 38's on max fuel and mid to high 36's on min fuel.

Using a pre-patch AS Nat WR set and looks as if 1.35's are possible on it not got time to test enough though with assignment and the like

Hope its ok to join at such short notice and if I do race this will be my first race ever! *gulp* so be gentle and I think its only fair u give me 2 laps head start too hehe

Oh yeah and just while I was practising Cropsy managed a 2.36.2 in his beloved FXR which is a new WR so well done Cropsy!

- J
It's first come, first serve. The server holds 20, so.. looks like the server will be full. Should be a good race.. very mixed skills too. I'm hopoelessly off the pace. My goal is to finish.
Link to race results will be posted up after race.
I'd like to sign up if there is enough places

(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG