The online racing simulator
Issue with DX11
(15 posts, started )
Issue with DX11
Dear Everyone,
I have a problem since the installation of far cry 4 :
"DirectX End-User Runtime must be installed, for more information visit the..."
This is the message I have when I try to launch LFS.
I tried to install the version given from the LFS website, but the program told me that I have a newer version, and since that, the installation is automatically canceled.

Is it a know issue?

Thank you
** Best answer **
Oh I SEE
Thank you.

next : P
Run dxdiag to see which version of dx you have.

Normally you get updated directx via windows updates, or its usually bundled with all the big games.
Attached images
directx.png
I wrote : dx11 in the title.
And yes, it had been updated when I installed farcry 4. Since that, I'm unable to run LFS.
I read what you had about dx11, but does dxdiag actually say you have dx11 installed, and on the 'Display' tab, does it show 'no problems found' in the Notes section at the bottom?

The other question would be; did LFS run ok before you installed FC4?
What is your gpu? Some people had problems running LFS on AMD cards.
I have exactly the same problem! i have directx 11 on my laptop,it has been also confirmed in dxdiag,but i don't know why the game wants dx9 ,i also wanted to download it and install it,but when i have the newer versian,it won't install the dx9,the previous version of directx,so tell me what can I do ??? please,i like to pley with my friends
Quote from sinanju :Maybe try this?

i told you i have the 11 version,why should I upgrade the 9 version,why i don't have the 9 !!! my pc directx is 11 .
The thing about asking for advice, is, ultimately, you decide whether you take it or not. But if you are going to ask for advice, its not such a good idea to pee them off with your attitude.

Now if you'd come back and said something like "seems a bit daft upgrading the 9 version when I already have 11 installed, but it's unlikely to do any harm as LFS doesn't work anyway, and you never know, maybe you're right, and I gave it a go, and....".

Or not.

My new advice - and you can take it or leave it - re-install windows, install every single update, then decide if you want to have FC4 or LFS on your pc and install only the one, or....
...hope the new install has fixed everything and install both.

Or not.

Or try FC4 forum and see if anyone else has had the same issue with older dx running games and how did they fix it.

Or not.

Simple. Take the offered advice.

Or not.

Continue to pee people off.

Or not.
Quote from Chemwspa :i told you i have the 11 version,why should I upgrade the 9 version,why i don't have the 9 !!! my pc directx is 11 .

The fact that DX9 is not DX11 means that they can actually be updated separately.
Quote from sinanju :its not such a good idea to pee them off with your attitude.

Thats why I have a different attitude by default against people which think DX11 is bigger then DX9 and as a result don't listen. They need to have an approach which they are familiar with.

Another 0 km/miles account by the way and I think it stays like that.
Quote from cargame.nl :Another 0 km/miles account by the way and I think it stays like that.

It's hard to do any mileage with non-working LFS :P

Issue with DX11
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG