The online racing simulator
Virtual LFS Dashboard
(529 posts, closed, started )
Why? make sure firewall etc isnt blocking it..

oh and the config that is in the rar/zip uses port 11111
is in the program wont start...Look at Attachment
Attached images
LFSVD Prob.bmp
The original program from eraz had a setup and installed all required dll etc..
I dont really know what is needed and where it all should go..

so...
Here is the source code that I have... It is 0.2.3 with Patch Z25 updates..

VLFSDash_Source.rar (z25)
Same error
ok in the source code folder, go into the INC folder.. now copy the path to the isAnalogLibrary.ocx

open a command prompt (cmd.exe)
type(without quotes):

"regsvr32 [path to ocx]"
e.g: regsvr32 C:\Users\Tiger\Desktop\VLFSDash_Source\source\INC\isAnalogLibrary.ocx

Do this with the other ocx & dll files, it should work then... if not post other errors
COMDLG32.OCX
iProfessionalLibrary.ocx
isAnalogLibrary.ocx
MSCOMM32.OCX
MSSTDFMT.DLL

-David
Problem solved
Quote from DavidTiger :ok in the source code folder, go into the INC folder.. now copy the path to the isAnalogLibrary.ocx

type(without quotes):

"regsvr32 [path to ocx]"
e.g: regsvr32 C:\Users\Tiger\Desktop\VLFSDash_Source\source\INC\isAnalogLibrary.ocx

Do this with the other ocx & dll files, it should work then... if not post other errors
COMDLG32.OCX
iProfessionalLibrary.ocx
isAnalogLibrary.ocx
MSCOMM32.OCX
MSSTDFMT.DLL

-David

I was running it from the wrong area...it works from the INC folder
Yea, it can find the ocx files from there

Registering the ocx files just tells windows (and apps that use them) where they are..
Good to see it works

~~~
I'd be happy to make any changes people would like on this since Erazotropa doesnt make/update it anymore... Just pop a reply here or PM me
Quote from DavidTiger :Yea, it can find the ocx files from there

Registering the ocx files just tells windows (and apps that use them) where they are..
Good to see it works

~~~
I'd be happy to make any changes people would like on this since Erazotropa doesnt make/update it anymore... Just pop a reply here or PM me

can you upload your cfg.txt... the program is running but i cant seam to get it to work on my computer or to show up on another 1

EDIT: These are my current settings:
OutGauge Mode 1
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 4000
OutGauge ID 0
sure:
OutGauge Mode 1
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 11111
OutGauge ID 0
Your looks ok, make sure the port is the same as the one in the dashboard... and u have no firewall blocking it, I had to add an exeption on the firewall for it to work...

~~~
oh and I have changed the lights and added battery warning (taken out headlights as fullbeam replaced it)

Download: VLFSDash2.3.rar
Quote from DavidTiger :sure:
OutGauge Mode 1
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 11111
OutGauge ID 0
Your looks ok, make sure the port is the same as the one in the dashboard... and u have no firewall blocking it, I had to add an exeption on the firewall for it to work...

~~~
oh and I have changed the lights and added battery warning (taken out headlights as fullbeam replaced it)

Download: VLFSDash2.3.rar

Still not working...i think its just a lost cause...thanks for all your help
mine doesnt work...i have the same error as above, but your explination does not tell me much cause im mega-noob!
ok, my settings in cfg.txt are:
OutGauge Mode 1
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 11111
OutGauge ID 0

In VLFSDash click options and make sure the port is the same as OutGauge Port
port.PNG

If it is, then make sure you have allowed the dashboard program through your firewall, may it be windows own or another like AVG...

If you have done that also I dont really know whats wrong, as it works on my end...

Edit: try downloading the source and either running it from within Visual Basic (if you have it) or try the .exe in the 2.2 folder..
Other than that i'm totally stuck why it don't work..
im talking about the error when i try to open it...it wont let me open it at all...i understand completely the cfg stuff, but the error that says "component 'isanaloglibrary.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"
Quote from DavidTiger :ok in the source code folder, go into the INC folder.. now copy the path to the isAnalogLibrary.ocx

type(without quotes):

"regsvr32 [path to ocx]"

COMDLG32.OCX
iProfessionalLibrary.ocx
isAnalogLibrary.ocx
MSCOMM32.OCX
MSSTDFMT.DLL

-David

ahh ok then,
Download the source then you have the ocx files, try registering them with the above method, also try running the program from within the INC folder...

Im doing some extra changes, when i'm finished I'll pack all the ocx/dll files and register then from within a setup... just like the old versions of VLFSDash...

-David
i'll just wait for the stuff you are doing...and if you guys wanna wait 9999999 decades, i will elarn how to do stuff like this, and i will make one that is modeled off the real car equivilant, and it will change as you change cars

ex, the uf1 might be a mini-cooper, and the XRG/XRT is not like the mini cooper, so it will change to starion gauges (hopefully automatic)

or maybe you can choose what gauges you want to go with, so no auto changing, but you can decide if you want uf1 gauges with FZR

/rant
Ok I finished the small tweaks I was doing..

Packed all required ocx/dll's into a setup. The setup will install the VLFSDash.exe and register the ocx & dll files required. Then at the end there is a .reg file that will run (attached a text document of what the reg file does, incase you are wiery of running them..)

Reg File Contents: reg_contents.txt
(new links further down)

Cheers
-David
Quote from logitekg25 :im talking about the error when i try to open it...it wont let me open it at all...i understand completely the cfg stuff, but the error that says "component 'isanaloglibrary.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

If you need to go into compatibility mode...it worked for me (I have WIN7)

Also...now when i run the program with LFS...LFS crashes
You should'nt need compatability mode...
Im running Windows 7 RTM and LFS & VLFSDash work fine..

Edit: Tested on 3 of my PC's XP(32bit), Vista(64bit) and Win7(32bit) all working.. No idea why you guys cant get it working...
it dont matter, i am just waiting for the one where he is doing the stuff for you or whatever
Didn't quite get that...
your waiting for what or who??

~~~
waiting for the setup program that registers the ocx/dlls?
if so i posted it a few posts up
see here

how did that get past me...ya thats the one

EDIT: testing it out now

EDIT2: FMC!! (F#$% my computer) still doesnt work, it gets into the program just fine, and i set the cfg port just fine, but still nothing working...lemme try one thing
Quote from logitekg25 :...lemme try one thing

I'm worried...did you finally get that SLEDGEHAMMER in your hands ??
well...we will leave it as, vista is no longer :hide:

just kidding, but really it did not work and i am mad, not only that but i cant even install seven because it wont reckognise there is a disk :gnasher:
lol, u had use worried, no post for 19 hours :P after, 'lemme try one thing'

Still have no idea why it wont work with you guys, I have tested on 3 different OS and 32/64bit...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About Installing Win7:
Do you mean on startup, to boot from cd to install? 'press enter to boot from cd' message....
Go into BIOS (usually F2) and there is usually a setting in there to set boot priority, put the cd drive to the top..
Some BIOS have a setting like 'OS Install Mode' enable that if there is one??

-David
i am sorry for the offtopic...but this offer is too good to pass up (you are already more help then the dell guy, and also the microsoftguy :shrug

when i put in the cd it says to put in first (the 'upgrade assistant') nothing happens, at all...but when i put in the cd it says to put in after the other one is done (the 'operating system') it works, so i dont know...if you have any knowelge then please pm me, so uhh, ya....the 'upgrade assistant' says it installs drivers and applications, but the 'operating system' says 'for use only to upgrade to windows seven optional'

vista is after me :hide:
This thread is closed

Virtual LFS Dashboard
(529 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG