The online racing simulator
[Problem] Online Lag/Breaks Problem
Hi dear folks

I'm new here in Forum, And i've searched for this problem, but i didn't found anything, if it is a EASY correction, please don't start killing me because of that, i'm new :P

Well, When i enter in a Server, i play normally, but with 5 or 6 seconds, breaks, isn't Low Fps, it is just a simple break, but annoying...
Continue playing, after some time, i start lagging like hell :| i see everyone like ' Latency ' , and i can't play with that, because i " Fck " all the server xD .

I have tried to reinstall the LFS, but still.
Scan For Virus, Still.

I Have Z28, Windows Xp, HD4850 512mb, E8400 3.0, and 6mbps Internet, this only happen in LFS ! But, Sometime before, it was everything okey...

Someone can help me with this?
And Please don't comment with " Format C:/ "

Thanks []
Make sure you're not running any P2P applications or downloading stuff in the background while you're playing LFS. If you have roommates (or wife and kids, or friends, whatever), ask them nicely to lay off your internet connection while you're playing.

It's also possible, but probably not likely, that your internet provider is classifying and prioritizing traffic, in which case you'd have to contact them to resolve your problem.
Quote from tmehlinger :Make sure you're not running any P2P applications or downloading stuff in the background while you're playing LFS. If you have roommates (or wife and kids, or friends, whatever), ask them nicely to lay off your internet connection while you're playing.

It's also possible, but probably not likely, that your internet provider is classifying and prioritizing traffic, in which case you'd have to contact them to resolve your problem.

Thanks for the reply .

I use Modem and i am the only one using it .

I Play With Everything closed, and i don't think is that, in my opinion, is something wrong with some config. in my pc.
It's the only game which this happen :S
You mentioned some short pauses occuring when you play. Do these occur when you play offline too?
Quote from MadCatX :You mentioned some short pauses occuring when you play. Do these occur when you play offline too?

No mate
Quote from RubenI :
I use Modem and i am the only one using it .

This is your problem. With more than one or two cars on the track, it's going to lag because you just don't have enough bandwidth. The only solution is to purchase a broadband internet connection.
#7 - hp999
Did you try it in the different servers? It might be the server causing that kinda lag.
Quote from tmehlinger :This is your problem. With more than one or two cars on the track, it's going to lag because you just don't have enough bandwidth. The only solution is to purchase a broadband internet connection.

I use Cable Modem, With Internet Speed of 6Mbps, Is That a Problem? :O

Because, sometime ago, When i bought S2 (August), it was everything fine, september... the same, but now is this :S
And Before S2, I Played Demo and (Crck :shrug and no problems.

Quote from hp999 :Did you try it in the different servers? It might be the server causing that kinda lag.

Yeah it happen in everyone, btw, Hi :P Glad to See you :P
Thats why i stopped Racing, you remember...
Quote from RubenI :I use Cable Modem, With Internet Speed of 6Mbps, Is That a Problem? :O

Shadowww just pointed this out to me in a PM, sorry for being such an idiot and not paying attention. Your problem is definitely not bandwidth.

Another idea... if you have a wireless access point on your network, make sure your neighbors aren't leaching off it.
Quote from RubenI :
And Before S2, I Played Demo and (Crck :shrug and no problems.

lol wat.

Don't know if that means what i think it means but maybe not such a clever idea?
Quote from Calyps0 :Don't know if that means what i think it means but maybe not such a clever idea?

At least he bought the game afterwards so let's not start a witchhunt and let the "experts" help him.
Quote from Calyps0 :lol wat.

Don't know if that means what i think it means but maybe not such a clever idea?

At Least i'm honest to say, i played crack before Bought the Real game

Quote from tmehlinger :Shadowww just pointed this out to me in a PM, sorry for being such an idiot and not paying attention. Your problem is definitely not bandwidth.

Another idea... if you have a wireless access point on your network, make sure your neighbors aren't leaching off it.

No, Thats okey Happen to everyone :P

How Can i check that?
i don't have any Wireless System on my pc, like Wireless Card. It is Possible to Leach without that?
Hi RubinI

How does your cable modem connect to your PC?
is it USB, Ethenet (RJ45) or wireless?

If the answer to the avove Q is not wireless, could you open task manager (ctrl+alt+delete) click the processes tab and take a ss of the list, post it here, so we can get an idea of whats going on.

good luck
SD.
Quote from zeugnimod :At least he bought the game afterwards so let's not start a witchhunt and let the "experts" help him.

Yea true.
And i wasnt starting a witchhunt just never saw anyone admint it before:P

GL with your problem
Quote from SparkyDave :Hi RubinI

How does your cable modem connect to your PC?
is it USB, Ethenet (RJ45) or wireless?

If the answer to the avove Q is not wireless, could you open task manager (ctrl+alt+delete) click the processes tab and take a ss of the list, post it here, so we can get an idea of whats going on.

good luck
SD.

Hi There :P
It's Rúben

i Use RJ45,

Dont Ask me What is what because i probably will not know the answer !
It is quite a bunch of processes you have running in the background: Try this: Click Start>Run>type "msconfig". A window will appear, select radio button named "Diagnostic boot" (or however it might be called in your windows), apply and reboot. Don't get frightened by a lot of stuff missing when win starts up and check if LFS works correctly now.
Well, that looks like a few too many processes if you ask me

I think the best way to sort this is for you to click start, then run,
type msconfig in the text box, this will bring up the system configuration utility, click startup tab at the top, and then click disable all (this is completely reversable and will prevent all of the programs that you see in your taskbar and some you don't from starting when you start your PC.

this should make your pc feel a little more responsive and snappy, and should also cure your lag/break problem.

the downside to this method is you may want some of the programs to run at startup, this is easy to do, just pop a check against the ones you know you want in the msconfig window or start them manually, but it should point you in the right direction so to speak.

Good luck

SD.
EDIT: typed all this way too slow gj Madcat
Quote from MadCatX :It is quite a bunch of processes you have running in the background: Try this: Click Start>Run>type "msconfig". A window will appear, select radio button named "Diagnostic boot" (or however it might be called in your windows), apply and reboot. Don't get frightened by a lot of stuff missing when win starts up and check if LFS works correctly now.

Well, i did that but i couldn't test LFS because my internet didn't work in Diagnostic boot >.< .
It Wasn't Detectable . Damn

I'm going to try Sparky's Solution

Theres some things here in startup, i don't know what is:

RTHDCPL
ALCMTR
Quote from RubenI :

RTHDCPL
ALCMTR

Both processes belonging to Realtek , feel free to disable them both, it will cause no negative impact.

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :Both processes belonging to Realtek , feel free to disable them both, it will cause no negative impact.

SD.

Thanks
I don't have so many thing in the Startup to config, but i've choosen only what is necessary to me, and it is the same... :\
perhaps one of those things you have running could be your problem, you can right click and choose close on any of the processes in the task manager, maybe by manually closing one by one you can fiind the process that is causing problems, I think I used to run with about 12 essential processes on my XP

also any chance of testing another cable from the pc to the cable modem? just incase your current one is on the blink?

good luck.

SD.
Quote from RubenI :Well, i did that but i couldn't test LFS because my internet didn't work in Diagnostic boot >.< .
It Wasn't Detectable . Damn

I'm going to try Sparky's Solution

RTHDCPL
ALCMTR

This is kind of weird. You said that your cable modem is connected to your PC with RJ-45, so there is no reason why your internet connection wouldn't work. The only thing I can think of is some dodgy network driver or a virus, needless to say that both of them could cause problems you described. How long has it been since you last reinstalled windows?
Who is your service provider?
Quote from SparkyDave :perhaps one of those things you have running could be your problem, you can right click and choose close on any of the processes in the task manager, maybe by manually closing one by one you can fiind the process that is causing problems, I think I used to run with about 12 essential processes on my XP

also any chance of testing another cable from the pc to the cable modem? just incase your current one is on the blink?

good luck.

SD.

I'm Gonna try This

Quote from MadCatX :This is kind of weird. You said that your cable modem is connected to your PC with RJ-45, so there is no reason why your internet connection wouldn't work. The only thing I can think of is some dodgy network driver or a virus, needless to say that both of them could cause problems you described. How long has it been since you last reinstalled windows?

I'm thinking too in virus, because i didn't touch in network drivers ... :S
Hum, Since a year, i bought this PC Last December

Quote from tmehlinger :Who is your service provider?

Tvtel, Now is Part of ZON Netcabo... this Month i'm going to change the internet to another ISP, because the End of Tvtel, and other such things ...

EDIT: well, a nice user sent this to me by Pm, i hope this help you guys to say something, some infraction in the autorun...

Thanks shadowww
Can you take a look at the winsock tab in Autoruns? I am thinking a virus exploiting you connection that way. The startup section seems perfectly fine to me btw.

EDIT: Does your net connection work if you boot intp "Safe mode with networking? (press F8 few times before windows start to load). Can you export all info from Autoruns to some sort of text or HTML file? There is much more to windows boot than just those things listed on the "Logon" tab in Autoruns. It could be really useful to examine it..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG