The online racing simulator
The new IRacing.com website
(18 posts, started )
Take a look at www.iracing.com, really interesting things to read there:

Quote : iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations is dedicated to building the world's most advanced, most comprehensive PC-based auto racing simulations. The technical fidelity of these simulations will be the foundation of SimRacing with iRacing.com. PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 01AC0AFD At the heart of iRacing.com's efforts will be an official sanctioning body, offering professional administration and organization to help grow the sport. The sanctioning body, FIRST, will eventually manage the growth from amateur competitions through professional races.

Quote :iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations develops close working relationships with all of the manufacturers and constructors who build the cars that will be featured in iRacing.com simulations. The logic of this is simple. The engineers who design the cars speak directly to the engineers who code the simulations. ThePHP has encountered an Access Violation at 01AC0AFD result is a more realistic physics model than ever developed. The benefit is the most realistic driving experience in simulation history.

Attached images
iracing1.gif
iracing2.gif
well the site works fine here

I'm actually looking forward to trying out their game despite all the crap they created for themselves.
Scawen and Kaemmer are both God in my opinion.

p.s. The gfx looks 100% like in a certain game published 3 years ago. Ok a bit worse.

lol One of the sky textures is stolen from nr2003. lol
#3 - ajp71
LOL

Actually it's looking good now the one thing we know for shore is the physics will be rock solid, you'd have to be trying really hard to bugger up the Papy engine. My main concerns are that with all the planned brake wear, rain, and bumpmapping technology it could become too heavy with things that can't be turned down. My other concern is that they've done away with the old style of track creation (drawing a line and placing everything else relative to it) whilst the old system did put some limitations it allowed tracks to be much smaller and quicker to make than using a 3D mesh, it didn't create issues of bumpy undetailed jagged edged meshes and used a system of assigning bump mapping to a length of track by entering in the maximum heights of bumps and the distance between bumps, this system would not let you place bumps in exactly the right place but let you quickly add a realistic surface to a track in a few minutes rather than days to do it modeling every bump. Whilst laser scanning sounds impressive if there is to be any decent level of high quality addon tracks (even fictional ones) the old system has to be left in, otherwise people will make extremely pretty perfectly smooth 3D meshes.

The confirmed cars are:

Skip Barber Racing (small single seater)
Late Model (Nascar thingy)
Modified (another Nascar thingy)

Must admit none of the initial release cars intrest me that much but the fact they currently have only got 3 cars shows they must be spending a lot of time on them (and court cases).

As for tracks they have confirmed:

Lime Rock
Virginia International
Stafford Motor Speedway (oval)

and some of the intresting tracks listed as partners:

The alot of ovals (including Darlington, Daytona, Talledega)

Road Course:

Mid Ohio
Summit Point
Miller Motorsports Park
Morso Motorsports Park
Road America
Silverstone
Watkins Glenn
Willow Springs

Karts:

Moran Raceway
F1 Outdoors
#4 - ajp71
Quote from Zoli81 :
p.s. The gfx looks 100% like in a certain game published 3 years ago. Ok a bit worse.

They still work, even on my system and can produce graphics that come close enough to LFS (which is hardly A*). Certain parts of the iRacing engine will be the same as when the current generation Papy engine was released in 1998 In fact GPL was to have rain in it and an (at the time) ground breaking carear mode starting in Formula Fords working up through F2 to F1.
Do they even have rights to nascar 2003 code...? RSC bit laggy to find anything...

I hope they concentrate more on road racing than oval racing in this sequel
#6 - ajp71
Quote from Hyperactive :Do they even have rights to nascar 2003 code...? RSC bit laggy to find anything...

Try searching at www.thepits.us they had Fir$t troubles as well. They definatley bought the code and the right to use it in future sims the issue was over whether they bought the rights to N2003 (and therefore the right to enforce the EULA) which they were very slow to produce any evidence of.

Quote :
I hope they concentrate more on road racing than oval racing in this sequel

Not really a big worry what they intially focus on the Nascar market is big so if they can produce Nascars early on they stand more mainstream chances of success than focusing on real racing.
Cant wait for this new sim, papy for me are next to godly.
#8 - -wes-
Quote from ajp71 :They still work, even on my system and can produce graphics that come close enough to LFS (which is hardly A*). Certain parts of the iRacing engine will be the same as when the current generation Papy engine was released in 1998 In fact GPL was to have rain in it and an (at the time) ground breaking carear mode starting in Formula Fords working up through F2 to F1.

you have tried the sim?
Or were you part of the small test thay did 1 year ago, that was based on the old 2003 code?.
thought it was going to be all new.

the old first racing.net site is still active.
#9 - ajp71
Quote from -wes- :you have tried the sim?
Or were you part of the small test thay did 1 year ago, that was based on the old 2003 code?.
thought it was going to be all new.

the old first racing.net site is still active.

No sorry I was talking about N2003, didn't make it clear enough, to me the screens look like there's been no major overhaul in the graphics engine (assuming you set N2003 with all the hidden options in the core.ini)
Quote from ajp71 :My other concern is that they've done away with the old style of track creation (drawing a line and placing everything else relative to it) whilst the old system did put some limitations it allowed tracks to be much smaller and quicker to make than using a 3D mesh, it didn't create issues of bumpy undetailed jagged edged meshes and used a system of assigning bump mapping to a length of track by entering in the maximum heights of bumps and the distance between bumps, this system would not let you place bumps in exactly the right place but let you quickly add a realistic surface to a track in a few minutes rather than days to do it modeling every bump. Whilst laser scanning sounds impressive if there is to be any decent level of high quality addon tracks (even fictional ones) the old system has to be left in, otherwise people will make extremely pretty perfectly smooth 3D meshes.

This really doesn't matter since they're not going to allow modders to make tracks for this game anyway.
http://www.iracing.com/index.htm
Quote :A side-by-side comparison of the work-in-progress iRacing.com simulation (right) and the real thing (left), featuring the Skip Barber R/T 2000 lapping at Lime Rock Park in Lakeville, CT. (Video courtesy of Chris Wheldon and Helix LLC.)

Doesn't really give away much, but still...
LFS and iRacing should work together, like this we would get maybe something awesome. Combined power are better when singel power.
Quote from tomylee :LFS and iRacing should work together, like this we would get maybe something awesome. Combined power are better when singel power.

Believe it or not, Scawen has been approached by a ton of BIG companies wanting to license LFS for their own projects, i know this for a fact, he has had quite a few generous offerings, but he never budged.
:doh:

Yeah....
#15 - robt
3 Years and a Month? New Record no?
awesome that I racing is nearing release.

felt like doing thread necrophilia.

you all fell for it.

merry xmas!

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG