The online racing simulator
Tha hell??
wheres the kgb following him every step of the way in the background?
Quote from hyntty :O fak

i'm impressed by how in the second one he can urinate right through that water butt
Quote from hyntty :O fak

[IMG]http://img.mtv3.fi/mn_kuvat/mtv3/urheilu/formulakuvat/kuljettajat/2010/884294.jpg

[IMG]http://img.mtv3.fi/mn_kuvat/mtv3/urheilu/formulakuvat/kuljettajat/2010/884296.jpg

oh crap what the hell is that?
That would leave one place open for the serbian Stefan GP, go go Stefan!
More likely two spots will be open
So, USGP will miss the first 3 races, and Compos is buying a chassis from Hurley and are becoming one team?

Quote from tinvek :You have to expect something to get broken on a virgin's first time

Hah, nice.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02 ... s/autoracing/18autos.html

Quote :Sponsorship Woes Threaten Future of U.S. Formula 1 Team
By VIV BERNSTEIN
Published: February 17, 2010

A bottle of Champagne sits in an otherwise empty trophy case that greets visitors in the lobby of the new USF1 headquarters in Charlotte, N.C. It is a gift for the team founders, Ken Anderson and Peter Windsor, to be opened March 14, when the first Formula One team based in the United States since the 1970s lines up on the starting grid in Bahrain for the opening race of the season.

But it may be awhile before that cork is popped, if at all.

USF1 is plagued by financial troubles, and even Bernie Ecclestone, the chief executive of Formula One Management, expressed skepticism about the team’s future.

“I don’t think we will see the Americans,” he told The Express, a British newspaper, this month.

Anderson and Windsor, who announced the formation of the team in February 2009, insist they will be at the Bahrain race.

“It’s always a struggle for new teams, any new business,” Anderson, an engineer who has worked in the IndyCar Series and Formula One in 30 years in motorsports, said in his office at USF1 headquarters in early February. “Yeah, a couple sponsors have let us down a little bit, but we’re on track.

“It’s not an option not to be there.”

But the team still does not have a fully built racecar and will not participate in a crash test in England that had been planned this week. Although Jose Maria Lopez of Argentina, who is signed to drive for USF1, said the car would be tested in Alabama at the end of February, no test is scheduled or planned.

“The bottom line is really simple: Sponsor money didn’t come through the way it was supposed to and it has grinded down the company to a halt,” said a person with knowledge of the problems facing USF1, who spoke on condition of anonymity. “They’re having trouble making payroll, they’re having trouble paying suppliers and that’s the situation they find themselves in.”

According to another person with knowledge of the situation, the team did not make its January payroll. Employees have since been paid and their work is being done in the shop, although the team still does not have a fully built racecar or engine.

The only realistic chance that USF1 will make it to Bahrain is if the team can buy a racecar rather than build its own, according to one person with knowledge of the issues.

Anderson and Windsor, whose team is backed by the YouTube co-founder Chad Hurley, declined to comment on the extent of its financial difficulties or of reports that it would probably not be in Bahrain.

When Anderson and Windsor announced their plans to form a team based in the United States, they insisted it would include American drivers. Danica Patrick and Kyle Busch were among the drivers mentioned as possibilities.

But that has not worked out, either. The team has signed Lopez of Argentina, and the Argentine government is involved in the sponsorship deal, which is reportedly bringing as much as $8 million to USF1.

“No Americans have licenses to race in Formula One at the moment, sadly, because all the money in America the last 10 years has been in Nascar,” said Windsor, a longtime broadcaster and the team manager at Williams-Renault when it won a Formula One championship in 1992. “Any good American race driver like Danica now, for example, goes to Nascar because that’s where the future is, that’s where the money is.”

Windsor said he hoped the team would have an American driver, perhaps as early as 2011.

That is if USF1 can remain in Formula One. Amid reports that new teams would be allowed to miss up to three races, Formula One issued a clarification Feb. 10 stating that all teams were required to make the grid in every race, adding, “Any failure to take part, even for just one championship event, would constitute an infringement.”

It is not clear what the penalty would be for missing Bahrain or other races.

Speculation about USF1’s struggles has been rampant on the Internet, but Anderson and Windsor continue to try to make it to Bahrain.

“It would be crazy for us to sit here saying everything’s perfect, we’re a new team, we’re going to be wonderful, we’re going to win our first race, which is kind of the way Formula One is,” Windsor said. “We’re just two guys that want to go racing, and we’re not trying to pretend we’re going to reinvent the wheel or do anything different. We just want to have fun and let everybody share the ups and downs of this team.”

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20100217/FREE/100219906

Quote :Unlike some modern-day “media” outlets, AW does not like to substitute rumors for news. But I can tell you this for a fact: Today, Feb. 17, I was supposed to fly to Charlotte and tour the shop for a story in an upcoming issue of the magazine. I was going to be the first journalist from a major automotive outlet to do so. Instead, I'm sitting in my Detroit office.

Such a rescheduling, by itself, would not normally mean that anything sinister was at play. Mind you, though, my colleagues and I had tried to set up such a visit for months before we thought, finally, that we had a confirmed date. Strange, we thought throughout the process, that a U.S.-based F1 team did not seem too excited to host one of the few U.S.-based magazines that covers the sport. And then I awoke Monday morning to an e-mail from one of the team's PR representatives that said I should cancel my trip. At that point, I pretty much knew it was over. But 48 hours ago, I had no idea that the very day I expected to meet the team in person would--in a wholly bizarre coincidence--instead turn out to be the date of its funeral.

Today? The rumors are in full swing. YouTube CEO Chad Hurley, whom U.S. F1 touted as an investor, is said to have stepped out of the project and might be interested in backing another F1 team. Brian Bonner, the team's head of business development, is allegedly out, too. Media in Argentina say Windsor informed López that the team would not make it to the season's first three races and would most likely miss the whole season. Not to mention the obvious facts, such as that no one has seen a completed U.S. F1 car, which was allegedly going to test this month at Alabama's Barber Motorsports Park before joining F1's preseason group tests in Europe. Remember, 23 days . . .

There is still no official word from Windsor, Anderson or anyone else. I sent a note this week to a U.S. F1 PR man and to Windsor directly, asking if, since they canceled my visit, I could please have an official statement on the team's status. I have not received a reply, not even a “no comment.”

Making matters worse, I hear something new almost every hour, sometimes from places I least expect, such as the note I received from a well-known motorsports journalist in New Zealend, who pointed me to someone else connected to the project who said he believes it is dead. Literally minutes ago, I received word that the team had just fired at least one of its PR men. I've heard tales of unpaid employees and of one lone mechanic on staff and every other kind of story that usually indicates a business is in turmoil. I also hear that Speed TV has hired a replacement for Windsor, who served for years as the network's F1 track reporter, and that it has no plans to ask the new man to step aside. Which makes me wonder exactly when we will hear from U.S. F1's boss again.

Regardless of the timing, there is absolutely zero reason to think he will have good news to report.

Prodrive can't be too happy about this situation.
Why?

As far as I know, Prodrive could of easily started in 2010 have they accepted the Cosworth deal.

Anyways, everyone knew USF1 will be a massive failure... Just a question now when they will admit it themselves and put it to rest...
Quote from DevilDare :Why?

As far as I know, Prodrive could of easily started in 2010 have they accepted the Cosworth deal.

Anyways, everyone knew USF1 will be a massive failure... Just a question now when they will admit it themselves and put it to rest...

Exactly, USF1 had nothing but a name, all Prodrive needed was to decide which engines they wanted to plug into their cars.
Yeah but didn't Bernie say "No Cosworth, no grid"?
Prodrive wanted Aston Martin.

But yeah, I see what you mean. Just another reason why Bernie needs to go...
Quote from USF1 Team Twitter :The US F1 Team web server is down and is being repaired as this is written. We are not gone, as many have reported. More news soon.
about 1 hours ago from web

Quite the outpouring of Twitter support at the unofficial USF1 Twitter account, too:

http://twitter.com/USF1
Quote from DevilDare :Yeah but didn't Bernie say "No Cosworth, no grid"?
Prodrive wanted Aston Martin.

But yeah, I see what you mean. Just another reason why Bernie needs to go...

Since when has Bernie not contridicted himself?
lol Could you imagen if Kobayashi proves to be a Real talent, you might have people calling him ''Kamakazi Baby Schumi''.
Quote from Mustafur :Since when has Bernie not contridicted himself?

Yeah nice one...

"Just another reason why Bernie needs to go...."

Where on earth do you see me saying, "Wow... Bernie has made a giant mistake for a first time".
Quote from JPeace :lol.

anything with sato in is funny, he is arguably the funniest driver i have ever watched (barring kobyashi), he deserves recignition lol.

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. I'm genuinely excited to watch him do crazy shit.
Quote from JPeace :
anything with sato in is funny, he is arguably the funniest driver i have ever watched (barring kobyashi), he deserves recignition lol.

Yuji Ide might have a chance in that competition.

Formula One Season 2010
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG