The online racing simulator
Quote from dadge :the vain has spoken, imo the atc gp lap times should be no less than 1 min and no more than 2.30 ( with a bit of give and take). i have been driving on some of the south city tracks (offline) and there is very little room for passing imo and even the straights can kill your car. maybe further down the road we could have a SO GP but imo it is too soon for a street race

i go for ASTON NORTH

I'm up for that. As long its not those 3 hour endurances, I prefer the length we did last week.
the wr for aston north is 2:02.xx (similar for the ufr) that means it will be just over 2 hours for 60 laps which is only 30 mins more than last week . perfect imo
Agreed, but it can be less, doesn't always have to be 60 laps .
but then it wouldn't be a 60 lap gp We've had the conversation before.

I found the last race about the right length. 2 hours and my back will start hurting. My eyes stop working too I find and I have to remember to blink
it's a good length of race if you ask me (don't btw )
#81 - th84
Aren't you guy's sick of aston yet? Westhill!!
hear hear!
Quote from th84 :Aren't you guy's sick of aston yet? Westhill!!

Westhill.. boooooooring!!!! why don't pick oval then illepall
Boring? Why?
#85 - th84
Boring is doing the same thing over and over again, why not something diffrent? Dont even start with the "north is diffrent than club" crap. :P

I think there are plenty of places to pass at so long and so town, plus that stupid chicane wouldnt be a issue.

Westhill/Westhill rev get's my vote, with SO long a close second.
Quote from th84 :Boring is doing the same thing over and over again, why not something diffrent? Dont even start with the "north is diffrent than club" crap. :P

eh.. AS Club IS boring! There's only 2 turns, just like in Westhill oh well almost.. but not challenging! Have you ever tried North?!
#87 - th84
Quote from Tukko :Have you ever tried North?!

Actually i haven't (not with the xfr/ufr anyway). But i dont need to, ive tried both as national and as cadet, so ive covered north... other than the 2 new corner's. I would just like to see something diffrent.

I really dont care what track is selected. Im just giving my thought's.
#88 - Vain
I just did a survey of AS North in the XFR and it's absolutely ideal for a two-hours race. 3 Good overtaking-occasions and very technical parts. I think the added fun of that track is well worth the 2 hours race.
Westhill standard is only 15 minutes shorter, yet one of the most boring tracks LFS has to offer while being very dangerous due to the danger of running unto grass. Westhill Rev is a bit more fun because of T1 and the double-S, but still pretty boring. Also I already did a We Rev 60 lapper GP .
So it's either As North or Ky Nat for me.
Before commenting on As North make sure you drove that combination.
[Edit]
@th84:
As North doesn't do the As Nat-part except the two As Cadet U-turns. It goes into the reversed As GP/Hist part on the hairpin until Eau Rouge.
[/Edit]

Vain
oh you Noobs..

as Vain said there ^^ North has barely nothing to do with National. You should give it a try dude it's the most fun track around Aston
to be honest, i don't care where we race (a corner's a corner) as long as it was as much fun as the last one then i am a happy camper . but north rocks. and so do both the westhill tracks, choices choices.
#91 - th84
Quote from Vain :Before commenting on As North make sure you drove that combination.

I didnt comment on north, i even said ive never tried it with those cars

The two new corner's bit was me just being a smarta**.
All im trying to say is something diffrent would be nice. I dont care which track it is.
If as north is picked, then ill be practicing as north, it really doesnt matter to me.

Quote from Tukko :You should give it a try dude it's the most fun track around Aston

Will do!!
just looked at the stats.

Is it true that i'm the only Manual clutch driver to finish (in either server?) it seems that most of the DNFs are manual clutchers.

It could just be showing they extra wear and tear the clutch can make on it's driver.

Or it could just be a bug, any ideas?
Nah you was probably the only one who could be arsed to use it
it's just not driving without it!

you're all wimps!
#95 - Vain
I keep pushing my left foot down slightly left of the brake-pedal but nothing happens!

The lack of a clutch pedal really is a problem!
Hopefully the G25 will change that.
Oh, and btw I stopped using my H-shifter for the XFR. I loose over 0.2 seconds a lap when I don't use sequential shifting. Also the bad shifts because of miscalibration are a problem in longer runs.
But I still use the H-shifter in everything from UF1 to FZ5.

Vain
yeah, i don't use my shifter for evrything, sequential for racecars and H gate for roadcars (LX ) i've found it IS worth a bit of time but not really anything to worry about, I prefer the challenge of using real-world controls, no aids, just skills

can't drive without a clutch now (well maybee not BF1) my left foot 'lives' over the clutch and only comes in for the occasional dab of brake. I get a really twitchy foot if it's not got it's own pedal to play with!
#97 - Vain
Quote from Theafro :I get a really twitchy foot if it's not got it's own pedal to play with!

I know that feeling. In singleseaters where I often left foot brake there sometimes are "arguments" about which foot will press the brake-pedal now. Sometimes that ends with none of them pushing the brakes - with obvious results .

Vain
i only have a throttle and a brake , but that means i have a pedal for each foor . i made a H shifter once too, well, when i say made i mean have a joystick and told lfs it was a shifter, i could never find 5th tho lol.
I would use manual if i had a clutch pedal and proper shifter, and a wheel! Also if a car has the option for ABS, Traction control, auto clutch...etc then i will use it

And most manual clutch people would probably have died of heat stroke after 60 laps in this weather
I'm pretty sure one of my major weakspots is with my pedaling style, and i'm pretty sure most of you are at an advantage, with full control over all axis.

sometimes I need my left for the clutch so i need to find a nice balance between left and right foot braking, i'm working on clutchless downshifts ATM, but it's tough to avoid lockups if you miss a gear. might have to heel and toe with both feet

but it's all just gonna cause issues with vains problem, i don't want my feet arguing about who's boss in my footwell

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG