replays really loading faster!
i love my s2 license!
#52 - KTy
Quote from Scawen :
Separate custom view settings for all cars
Draw driver/wheel option now in custom views
Custom views now stored in data\views folder

Great

Is next step the custom control settings for each car or even for each setup ? (clutch, auto-clutch, gear stick, gear behind the wheels,...etc)
You could get this speedy start in older versions of LFS by selecting an S1/S2 track, locking the game back to demo mode, then quitting and restarting. Eats unlocks of course.
#54 - SamH
Quote from Scawen :Custom views now stored in data\views folder

Is there any possibility to include Field Of View in this? I drive in the driving seat view with a specific FOV which varies depending on which car I'm using. Each car is different. Whenever I zoom in/out, for whatever reason and in whichever view I'm in, LFS retains that "changed" value. It would be really nice to return to the same FOV I always use when I get back in the driving seat. I don't think it needs a slider. It just needs to regard the FOV value from each view and each car you use as a separate variable. Would be REALLY helpful!
Quote from Scawen :LFS can now handle SPR and MPR file associations

This is just pure deluxe luxus plus.
Quote from Scawen :Separate custom view settings for all cars

Much needed, much appreciated.

Those changes make LFS even more user friendly than it already is :up:

EDIT: ...and the start-up speed... holy moly!
^ Especially if you set desktop and LFS resolution to the same value.
My next suggestion would be to have a separate choice of default cam for each car.

Right now we can have incar or custom as default, and the choice applies to all the cars, but would it not be possible to have, for each car, the default view being in car, custom off, custom wheel, custom ext1 and custom ext2? That way I can have, for example, the XFG defaulting to standard in car view, but the MRT defaulting to external2.

Maybe it's easy, maybe it's not, but if we don't ask we don't get.

Then I was thinking about a future hardcore mode. Perhaps we can have a system in place then that looks at the custom view settings to decide if they meet the requirements of hardcore mode. I.e. the view must be within 0.05 laterally and vertically of in car view, and then checking to see if the fore-aft position keeps it within the interior. Then people can satisfy a possible forced cockpit view using a custom view. Obviously this isn't intended for this patch. Thoughts peeps?
#58 - Vain
Thoughts? You're offtopic!

Vain
#59 - DeKo
unlocking on vista gives me an error "Unlocking Error"... i dunno
Awesome file type association feature

How about having a double clicked .set file get copied automagically into the settings folder?
i just created a file associator for LFS's mpr and spr files...
just check out that...

Download LFS:File Associator

This is for those who don't like to use the Windows Explorer.
And you can also delete those associations!

So check out...
Quote from Scawen :Another useful feature is the new Super Fast Start
Options... Misc... "Intro and exit screen" select [skip]
Then no track will be loaded when you run LFS.

Can I have that back, like it used to be, or 3rd option: skip, show, load track.
If I just want to continue where I left last time - it takes me longer now. I run LFS, go to Hotlapping - everything is ... gone. And I don't want to see "Intro and exit screen".
Quote from vellanet :How about having a double clicked .set file get copied automagically into the settings folder?

Already suggested by axus on this thread, and I've done that along with some of the other requests.
Quote from Renku :Can I have that back, like it used to be, or 3rd option: skip, show, load track.
If I just want to continue where I left last time - it takes me longer now. I run LFS, go to Hotlapping - everything is ... gone. And I don't want to see "Intro and exit screen".

No, I don't want to add more options, because it then becomes more complicated and harder to maintain.

In your case, you should leave it set to "show" but just press the space bar when you run LFS, so it will skip the intro.
Quote from SamH :Is there any possibility to include Field Of View in this?

+1
I hope whole system of views will be redesigned. I imagine views the same as setups. One view (default drive view) hardcoded, but changable as now (cant be deleted) and "Add view" button (similar as hard track setup and Add setup button). You could add views with options you want (including own fov) and create all view as you have now, but you could create as many views as you want (separate for each car, as setups) and cycle them by V key. Each car "remember" its default view (maybe checkbox "default view" instead of last used view).
IMO tweaking custom view for driving isnt right way. Head movements in custom view arent the same as camera movement.. Better way is to do seat adjustments for driver view and leave custom views for "external cameras".
Quote from SamH :Is there any possibility to include Field Of View in this? I drive in the driving seat view with a specific FOV which varies depending on which car I'm using.

I am reluctant to do that. I guess most people would like to use the same FOV so they have the same feeling, regardless of which car they are in. The problem with a setting like that is then you MUST set it separately for every car. So we end up needing a new option "use same FOV for all cars".
Quote from Scawen :I am reluctant to do that. I guess most people would like to use the same FOV so they have the same feeling, regardless of which car they are in. The problem with a setting like that is then you MUST set it separately for every car. So we end up needing a new option "use same FOV for all cars".

well, me also uses different FOVs for some cars...
just think about it again...

and the new option is great too
so everyone is satisfied...
and the standard value can be "Same FOV for..."
Quote from DeKo :unlocking on vista gives me an error "Unlocking Error"... i dunno

Sorry about that - the main reason for this patch is to fix Vista unlocking. illepall

I have fixed that now so it should work in U9 which I plan to release this evening.
Regarding the FOV issue - well not that I use it personally - but you could add a "FOV override" on the car view settings. Would probably be the easiest solution without much code other than "if override use this, otherwise that".
#70 - DeKo
okay gdgd
Quote from Scawen :I am reluctant to do that. I guess most people would like to use the same FOV so they have the same feeling, regardless of which car they are in. The problem with a setting like that is then you MUST set it separately for every car. So we end up needing a new option "use same FOV for all cars".

But view is used not only for driving Im using the same or very similar fov for all cars when driving, but very different fov for bumper views in replays.
super fast loading rocks but not for me..i usually start new server after launching lfs and it gives me no track selected error..so i must go to single player mode, choose track and then go back again to start a server...oh well i just want too much
Quote from Pablo.CZ :But view is used not only for driving Im using the same or very similar fov for all cars when driving, but very different fov for bumper views in replays.

I will consider this overnight. It won't be in today's version.
Quote from kamo2000 :super fast loading rocks but not for me..i usually start new server after launching lfs and it gives me no track selected error..so i must go to single player mode, choose track and then go back again to start a server...oh well i just want too much

I am planning to show a track selection screen when you start new game. But not in today's version.
#75 - SamH

Can't argue with that. How about an in-car FOV being separate from, say, chase view, or from the external camera (Ctrl+U)?

In chase view, I go for a pretty wide FOV, so I can see as much of what's going on around. In-car, I use a comparitively narrow FOV, and use the Logitech DFP's POV hat when I need to glance around. I don't generally drive chase, but I do spectate a lot in chase, and I do a lot of "camera work" in Ctrl+U.

[EDIT] OMG.. I'm slow typing today. Sorry.. tis all said above by others.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG