The online racing simulator
Codemasters Formula1 2011
(106 posts, started )
Quote from JJ72 :But is it car/mode dependent?

I share the same feeling in career mode in the Lotus, but in time attack the car drives sweet and sharp, still trying to figure out the tuning, right now it's a dog to drive. The basic physics is a big up from last year no doubt though, pretty sweet to be able to hold slight power oversteer, so far 200km in and have yet spun once.

Well I have only driven the Force India so far so I am not entirely sure if that's just the car or the physics. But I have also seen youtube videos of the Ferrari driving at Suzuka in a race, and the driver had to lift quite a bit at 130R with TCS off while he was able to go flat out with TCS on.
#27 - JJ72
team VVV? his driving is not consistent enough for a good comparison, and I can take it flat alright with tcs off.
Quote from JJ72 :team VVV? his driving is not consistent enough for a good comparison, and I can take it flat alright with tcs off.

I'll get it a go tonight and get back to you then.
Yeah thats a fair point JJ72, he seemed to just chuck it into 130r and no bother trying to get the corner right.

So far I've felt that TCS off is fair easy and a good bit of fun, started my career with Lotus

EDIT:
Funny hes already made a post saying he doesn't just throw it into 130R it's definitly the game lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3S5OG9k9DE&feature=feedu

Go to 4:47 he talks about TCS at 130R again.

Now watching that, I think it's the fact hes in T-Cam, he doesn't bother trying to save it once he goes into 130R. Or if he does hes really slow because hes not using the cockpit view. When I was driving in the Lotus I can easy tell once I've pushed it to the limit and can feel the slide and see the slide happing and can just about make the counter to hold it. So times i've had to be very quick with the catch, I had one slide where I didn't notice it happing till the very end, was turn 5-6 at Malaysia.
I really hate the menus of modern racing games like DiRT3 and F12011. The game looks good. I'm still not sure if I like it though, I'll try it more thoroughly when I get back from work in 3 days and we'll see.
I still can't manage to take the 130R flat out. Already 4 terminal crashes, in Grand Prix modus, in 4 long race weekends with 100% distance.

2 wins, 1x second, and 1 time 16th.

Now starting my carreer with Force India. Set first position in FP1.
God damnit now I have to buy this game too

Farewell my dear euros....
#34 - JJ72
I started with Lotus too, man it really sucks to be a small timer in F1.......5 to 6 seconds off pace no matter what I tried!
#35 - JJ72
Quote from rockclan :I still can't manage to take the 130R flat out. Already 4 terminal crashes, in Grand Prix modus, in 4 long race weekends with 100% distance.

2 wins, 1x second, and 1 time 16th.

Now starting my carreer with Force India. Set first position in FP1.

difficulty level?
Quote from JJ72 :I started with Lotus too, man it really sucks to be a small timer in F1.......5 to 6 seconds off pace no matter what I tried!

Good 'cause I thought that was just me. I'm in the Force India at the moment and I'm like 4 seconds off the pace at China.

They asked me to a R&D lap of a 1:32. I can't even break into the 1:34s

EDIT: Legend level.
This game is fun at times when the car is working, but it's really frustrating when you are like 5 seconds off the pace no matter how hard you try.

I drove a McLaren around Singapore earlier and damn that was fantastic. The car was going exactly where I wanted it to go, I was on pace with the AI. It was just really fun.

But career mode is really annoying me. All the AIs seem to have a lot more grip than I do, even the freaking HRTs and Virgins. I know I am not the greatest driver in the world, but there is no way I am that far off pace.
#38 - JJ72
I can match the R&D target in the perfect condition and have 0.5 or so to spare (fresh option, low fuel, max fuel max, some rubber on the track at least), and is about on pace with my teammate, can't do anything with the guys in better cars really.

And the AI always run in qualifying trim in practice, i tend to ignore their times and do my own thing.

If you really want to know your real pace try out the time attack mode, if you can gold the medal you are not slow (although not alien in any means). If you are silver then you still have 1 or 2 second to gain in driving alone.

Using DRS is hugely important too, the fact that you can use it anytime in practice means my wing was opened 3 or 4 times a lap at least.
I love the DRS and Kers, Sadly the lower teams don't have Kers. But i'm on professional, I found Legend is way too hard for me.

With the time attack, do you mean the scenario stuff? McLaren @ Canada and so on. Cause i've managed gold on the first 3 of those, found the Williams @ Spa very hard in the down poor
#40 - JJ72
yeah, if you can gold those legend AI should not be out of reach (but still very very demanding, given they are not limited by tire allowence and engine wear etc it seems)
Yeah I would try it, but i'm really finding the pro is better for me. I mean it's more enjoyable to know your not going to be bottom, which in a Lotus should happen anyway, i've already had some really nice racing. Haven't had a moment where i've managed to catch someone up but had nice defensive battles with others.

Yeah seems more and more things are surfacing like last year, shame they didn't sort out stuff like that.
Quote from JJ72 :difficulty level?

Medium, with no driving assists except for ABS.
Have you tried it without abs, gotta say it's massively improved from last time. I've got the club sport pedals and the only sim i've found that I like the load cell in was iRacing. Lfs was abit hit and miss, but i'm surprised that in f1 2011 I can manage the braking fair well without ABS.
Quote from adamlfs :Have you tried it without abs, gotta say it's massively improved from last time. I've got the club sport pedals and the only sim i've found that I like the load cell in was iRacing. Lfs was abit hit and miss, but i'm surprised that in f1 2011 I can manage the braking fair well without ABS.

I'll surely try that after F1 practise live.

However, on most games without ABS I always have huge lockups.

With ABS in F1 2011, I already managed a 4.60m lockup.
Where is your save game stored? I need to reinstall my game.

Edit:

Reason is that I have a new harddrive where I can install it better on.
Quote from rockclan :Where is your save game stored? I need to reinstall my game.

Edit:

Reason is that I have a new harddrive where I can install it better on.

For me on W7: C:\Users\Yournamehere\Documents\My Games\FormulaOne2011\savegame
Hoping to get my copy today, the plan is that me and my friend are going to do a co-op season, both posting highlights and doing a series on our seperate channels. Hopefully if we crash into each other or something we can refer to each others channels to get different views of the same situation, that's the plan anyway. It's also the plan to do all of this on legend with no assists, which I doubt will be an issue for me since I won my 2nd race in my career mode in 2010 with no assists in the Lotus, with the hardest AI.
I'm surprised this is getting so many positive opinions. Not as Arcade as I expected, it seems?
#49 - JJ72
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Hoping to get my copy today, the plan is that me and my friend are going to do a co-op season, both posting highlights and doing a series on our seperate channels. Hopefully if we crash into each other or something we can refer to each others channels to get different views of the same situation, that's the plan anyway. It's also the plan to do all of this on legend with no assists, which I doubt will be an issue for me since I won my 2nd race in my career mode in 2010 with no assists in the Lotus, with the hardest AI.

interested to see how it goes, the AI is a lot faster this time around.
#50 - JJ72
Quote from BullHorn :I'm surprised this is getting so many positive opinions. Not as Arcade as I expected, it seems?

Yup, a bit easy when the car is good, but overall it is a very decent challenge.

Codemasters Formula1 2011
(106 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG