The online racing simulator
Quote from Mustangman759 :actually the more tape the less drag, but then the engine overheats if it is has too much tape.
I am assuming you were talking about the tape adding more drag, probably wrong though when I initially read it

I was saying the opening causes more drag

So we are saying the same thing
Quote from Cornys :No, none that I'm aware of anyways.

In other news: The NASCAR Fantasy League that we had running last year begins registration at some time tomorrow (Feb. 1st).

Would we have 10 people willing to do it once again? I rather enjoyed it last year

I'll probably pass on the Fantasy Nascar this year unless you need an extra person to fill a spot. I ended up ignoring it most of the season.
They're apparently testing all 4 new 2013 Cup cars today at Homestead today. It's a closed test so no media, but hopefully some photos of the cars leak out.
You will need to sign-up for a NASCAR.com account before participating by the way. I forgot to mention that.
Hmm, signed in and tried to use my old team didn't work, had to create a new one. Oh well.
Danica gets the #36 points, TBR have to qualify on time now....

Not happy about this to be honest, Danica's not ready for Cup level yet, she's being rushed up like Hornish was, why couldn't she do ARCA then go from there?
Well she did do one ARCA race. The difference between her and Sam though, is that Sam won in both IndyCar and NASCAR and not through luck. Danica has a goose egg in both categories.
Danica might eventually have what it takes to make it in Sprint Cup, but I doubt it. Definitly not at this time though in any case.
Thing is, Danica has WAY more money behind her than even Hornish, an IndyCar champion, had. Look at everything they're doing this year to make sure she's locked into the top 35 all season so there's never a chance she misses a Cup race. I think it will be harder for Danica to fail, although eventually it will probably happen. Go Daddy can only hold her hand for so long.

Mark May 12th off on your calendars, I can't wait to see Danica in a Cup car at Darlington.
Haha, forgot all about that at Bristol. Darlington is going to be hilarious though, why would you enter your second ever Cup race at a place like that? This will be the only time all year I hope they actually do keep the camera on her the whole time.
Quote from PMD9409 :Well she did do one ARCA race. The difference between her and Sam though, is that Sam won in both IndyCar and NASCAR and not through luck. Danica has a goose egg in both categories.

good news is Reuty will drive the 10 for 25 races iirc
dont forget
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... -Prsc&feature=related
Quote from Mustangman759 :
dont forget
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... -Prsc&feature=related

That reinforced what I said, as that was a fuel mileage race where she had pit under the last caution and was easily able to make it on fuel eventhough she was running 20+ seconds behind the leader.

And yes grats to David, me and my dad were happy to hear that.

@Cornys: Seem to only say they liked the look of it and were "excited to drive it". Doesn't mean it drives good.
Quote from PMD9409 :That reinforced what I said, as that was a fuel mileage race where she had pit under the last caution and was easily able to make it on fuel eventhough she was running 20+ seconds behind the leader.

And yes grats to David, me and my dad were happy to hear that.

@Cornys: Seem to only say they liked the look of it and were "excited to drive it". Doesn't mean it drives good.

exactly, it was just good crew chiefing (all the guys doing calculations etc) I would say
Quote from UncleBenny :Uggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

She does have a shot at the Daytona 500, but then again Michael Waltrip has won it twice

Else where.. she's not going to run in top 20.
The rear of the car has been dropped 2 inches to allow less air into the grille opening (and to keep the cars on the ground when they are turned around backwards I'm sure) and the grill opening has been raised once again. Same reasoning on both of these, and Daytona and Talledega only I'm sure.

Info on the bottom of this art ... ch is a good read as well
We still need at least 3 more to compete with us in the NASCAR Fantasy League: http://fantasygames.nascar.com/live

League Name: LFSCAR 2012
League Password: lfs

If we can't get at least 3 more we can't have our league with only LFS forum members and will have to go public with our league to pull in enough people . We have room for up to 5 more
Quote from Cornys :We still need at least 3 more to compete with us in the NASCAR Fantasy League: http://fantasygames.nascar.com/live

League Name: LFSCAR 2012
League Password: lfs

If we can't get at least 3 more we can't have our league with only LFS forum members and will have to go public with our league to pull in enough people . We have room for up to 5 more

I'm in.

gonna get creamed though

2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
(1589 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG