The online racing simulator
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :It's not that simple. The full speed replay is very misleading. Have a look at this analysis of the incident - very interresting stuff.

Wait, so according to this video, she's at fault for him coming up the track due to a flat right front tire? This looks to be purely a racing incident to me. She's coming down to side-draft, he's coming up, they tough, things happen. Whatever.

edit: ah, I hadn't seen the revenge wrecking after. :P
she should have lifted. shes an idiot, did she just rear end people in indycar too?
Quote from Mustangman759 :she should have lifted. shes an idiot, did she just rear end people in indycar too?

Well, it's the last lap though. She could have taken the outside of him.
Was a simple misunderstanding, they already talked it out and everything fine now.

This Cup race getting a bit interesting. Newman and Johnson out with issues. Jr and Waltrip have been leading laps. Early 2000's anyone?
Hmm... there goes my pick down behind the wall again... Everytime I pick him he crashes
Wtf defective tire on hamlin?
Nice result for Bad Brad
Brad shook him, Kyle didn't understand why or how it happened. Epic!
Don't like Brad but he really handled himself the last two laps so well done to him for the win.

Would've liked to see the 51 win though, just for laughs.
Quote from Mustangman759 :Wtf defective tire on hamlin?

Tire rub. Screwed up what little chance he had left.

Nice run to the finish today. Really clean after they got the crashes out of the system. As this track ages I think it'll get better and penalize drives who are lacking the skill of the best drivers and are too agressive. It did today really, but others wound up getting caught in it. (IE: Restart crash and Kurt Busch in the "ME" car

BK shook Kyle and remember: Kyle was pushing him for a lap and a half. He likely had the engine above the optimum operating temperature.. That would do that as well... Kyle just can accept that he was beat fairly.
Only smart thing he did all season
Quote from BlueFlame :He still ran her into the wall though. Front tyre didn't look flat to me, but the video quality was bad.

Hornish himself admitted that he had a flat tyre. But oh well. Both apologised to each other after the race and life goes on. Many people want that incident to be bigger than it actually is, because of the identity of the drivers' involved.

Quote from PMD9409 :Tony Stewart with an epic interview after race:

Win
Great for Tony, but that article... it's like the writer had never heard of deadpan humor before.
http://www.nationwide.nascar.c ... -from-hospital/index.html

McClure suffered from a concussion as you might have guessed and had some internal bleeding. Otherwise he seems to be just fine. Good news

Quote from PMD9409 :Tony Stewart with an epic interview after race: http://www.sbnation.com/nascar ... interview-2012/in/2762971

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UjbugjIAxc <---- Video of Interview

I like getting rid of the tandem racing, but I wish they could still break up the pack. Tony's right (or dead wrong if he's serious.. :X), but the overheating situation I truly do enjoy though. Daytona and 'Dega aren't hardly races without it with the tracks so smooth. That and the smaller spoiler is a good change, but I think they should entirely remove it this year coming for the plates to further reduce the draft..

Anyways, the greatest race of the year is this weekend in my opinion Darlington and the Southern 500 (That I'd like to see become more prestegious than the Daytona 500, but I know better )
Quote :From Rodney Childers' Twitter:
"Yeah, quite a few rule changes just came out from NASCAR... Some of them are going to change some things up big time with setup stuff.."

"Effective May 16th.. So we can have a week to get things changed around and get ready for it."

"Biggest thing that will affect the teams is a new minimum side skirt height for all tracks. 1.5" higher left side and 1" higher right side."

"One thing on shocks, one thing on crush panels, shark and deck lid fins at tracks 2mi and longer, that was about it."

Less side/rear downforce.
Quote from PMD9409 :Less side/rear downforce.

Less downforce is always a good thing for these cars.
Quote from PMD9409 :Less side/rear downforce.

Sweet! Exactly the changes that needed made in my honest opinion . Just in time for Dover
They used to have the shark and decklid fins on at all races before right? I'm glad to see those go.
so shark fins wont be at short tracks essentially?
Sounds like they won't be at the cookie cutters either, as they are less than 2 miles.
Well IMO it should be by average speed not just track length.
I know the changes won't go into effect this week, but did I mention that the Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway is my favorite race of the year? Did I ever mention that?

Qualifying and practice tomorrow

2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
(1589 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG