The online racing simulator
That livery........love it, why can't they race it in a special event with a Toyota driver?

Old concept, could work.

The 2013 car though is literally just a body change. Nearly all the car have given an aero push to the teams (at least that is what they have said) which could lead to better or worse racing. The problem is the chassis, until they get the cars where they are not stuck to the ground like glue, this will continue to happen in NASCAR.
Quote from PMD9409 :The 2013 car though is literally just a body change. Nearly all the car have given an aero push to the teams (at least that is what they have said) which could lead to better or worse racing. The problem is the chassis, until they get the cars where they are not stuck to the ground like glue, this will continue to happen in NASCAR.

Yes, of course it's just a body change, but that means alot to the idea of "stock" car racing. I beleive that NASCAR knows that the cars being stuck to the ground is a problem for the quality of racing. Look at the side skirts being raised.

I hope to see more changes like that in the future, or at least added to the new car
After the Dover race, Dick Berggren will be retiring from pit road duties.

Quote from PMD9409 :After the Dover race, Dick Berggren will be retiring from pit road duties.

nooooooo.

Where did you read/see this?
Almirola on pole! and Ambrose 2nd!
Man he was quick, a whole mile and a 2/e mph faster than Ambrose
I reckon ambrose is gonna win. He was pretty strong in the all-star race. He has always been pretty good at 1.5 mile tracks.
Quote from Gougoodthing :I reckon ambrose is gonna win. He was pretty strong in the all-star race. He has always been pretty good at 1.5 mile tracks.

I would love to see a Petty win. It would do wonders for that team if Aric won
I won't even be seeing Dick Burggren's final reporting. I'll be at the Dover race. I suppose that's both good and bad
Holy hell kahne has an awesome car
Quote from Mustangman759 :Holy hell kahne has an awesome car

Yes he did. He used it pretty well last night too.

Pretty exciting race last night. Alot of good clean racing and Danica was hardly even mentioned thank god. (only a few random mentions as she was getting lapped or hitting the wall for the most part :razz

Only one caution for an on track incident. All others were for metal on the race track. There were 31 lead changes with only 5 yellows, which is a decent number. I throughly enjoyed the race last night

Nice to see Kahne finally get the monkey off of his back
I look forward to the day when every driver has one of those on his helmet in an actual race.
can't really see though. Where was it mounted if you know?
Nice find PDM

I'm packing up to head over to Dover for the race this weekend. We'll be there at the beach about 45 miles away most of the weekend. It's likely that we will go for the Nationwide Race but not buy a ticket. We'll just shop durring the race at the haulers outside of the track and then attend the charity track walk an hour following the Saturday event.

I'm not sure what to expect out of the Cup race, but either way I expect myself to enjoy it. I've always wanted to see a race at Dover and havn't gotten the chance to until now

Tickets are near the top (2 rows down) on the front straight. We're only a few pit boxes from the exit of pitlane. My self chosen seats for $96 this last December when hardly any of the seats had been sold

Safe to say that I'm ready to get this show on the road
Dover is a nice track. You can see everything that happens and it almost feels like your watching from a close up a blimp view
Yeah, with the 12 degree bank in the straights it would appear in that way

We should enjoy it. Thanks for the insight Matt
Np, its actualy really cool to see. But i was quite young when I saw it. Pocono fresh repave next week for me. Gotta find a good philly chease steak place also
I'm pumped about Pocono too. I think the shorter race was a good call, will just make it more exciting and now we'll get home at a slightly more reasonable hour hopefully. Look for us flying the Tony Stewart flags near the exit of turn one haha.
Ill be at the start finish area.
Well, we're all getting ready to get up and leave tomorrow for Dover from Rehoboth Beach (41 miles away) at around 8AM. Hoping to get there by 9:30 - 10:00 and hang around the track all morning before the 1:15 start time.

I'm getting pretty excited! My favorite driver grabbed the pole and my girlfriend's favorite starts along side him (Mark Martin and Jimmie Johnson).

Mark will fall before the end of the race though I'm afraid in his MWR Toyota ... He usually does.
Quote from Cornys :Rehoboth Beach

Rehoboth is one of my favorite places... we have family with a house there, so we go there almost every year. Usually rent another one, and pack 20 people into it.

Though, as I've gotten older, there aren't too many girls available to hit on, and not enough drinking Too family-oriented.

I nearly got arrested with my cousin there last year for drinking on the roof of our rental at 4am, and being too loud.
Spent the weekend finishing off two more truck bed platforms for Pocono to go along with the rooftop one I have on my Blazer. We're rolling out in style this year.

2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
(1589 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG