The online racing simulator
sounds like using my wrestling shoes will be a good idea with the pedals from reading juggle's impressions they're sorta like racing shoes but a bit softer soles for more movement and minus the whole fire retardant thing that some racing shoes have
G25 Noobs server sounds like a good idea, although those of us already using a similar setup might have an advantage

juggle, thanks for the writeup Have you found the shifter feels "loose", or easy to knock out of gear by mistake? I remeber reading the ones a few months ago felt pretty loose.
Quote from juggle :If anybody else has any other questions then ill do my best to answer

could you please throw the car into a drift in lfs and test if the wheel countersteers fast enough to catch the drift all by itself ?
If its not too much trouble for you, please tell me..does it look like the wheel is held on by those 6 bolts, or are they fake, like on the DFP, with the real mounts behind the panel?
They are real
Quote from Rtsbasic :If its not too much trouble for you, please tell me..does it look like the wheel is held on by those 6 bolts, or are they fake, like on the DFP, with the real mounts behind the panel?

already thinking about attatching a different wheel?
Thinking? Already on the verge of ordering a Momo wheel to fit on there. I'm used to a 320mm wheel on my DFP Looks like it will retain the paddles with a wheel replacement, and theres a few good proper size wheels that have two buttons..
That's a great review from what I've seen so far. Good pictures to show a bit more about the product. Downloading the video now.... Looks like they used LFS
Just splendid.

Too bad there isn't much video on how the wheel spins freely... the only one I've seen is a cellphone sized video of it spinning, and I could barely tell anything from it.

I love how there's absolutely no grinding noise in the video compared to DFP grinding.
Some nice pics in that review, reveal some details the PR ones don't. Shame I can't read german Downloading the video anyway, hopefully the guy gives drifting a quick go so we can see how fast it reacts.
He doesn't drift in the vid. And actually, the driving that he does doesn't do the job of showing the G25's potential. He is just driving casually with shifter and clutch, and not much else. Remember, the wheel spins from one end to the other in 3 seconds... that should give you an idea.... and 900 degrees is 2 1/2 full rotations.
Shame he doesn't. Still a good vid though, the shifter sounds louder than what I'm used to, but you can't hear the wheel much.

Anyone know how long the Logitech warranty is on these? They supported the DFP well with 2 years, hopefully they'll be doing the same for this. Espically as they don't normally sell spares like springs/pots.
Dont you think that the pedals are too close for the heeltoe ?

Quote from Rtsbasic :Shame he doesn't. Still a good vid though, the shifter sounds louder than what I'm used to, but you can't hear the wheel much.

Anyone know how long the Logitech warranty is on these? They supported the DFP well with 2 years, hopefully they'll be doing the same for this. Espically as they don't normally sell spares like springs/pots.

2 years warranty
Quote from Tanpax :Dont you think that the pedals are too close for the heeltoe ?

If you are wearing big klunky shoes like he was wearing in the video, yeah heel-toe would be harder probably. As long as you just rest the side of your foot on the throttle pedal and press it with, you can do heal-toe technique no matter what. People complained the pedals were too far away even, and that's ehhh illepall . And if the pedals were close to each other, that actually makes heal-toe easier imo (For a game). The throttle pedal has that little extended edge on the bottom for heel-toe. It is there for a reason.
Great quality video.

Only it's a shame the guy is using the wheel in 200 degree mode and with full furn compensation. illepall

What's the whole point in having an ultra-fast 900 degrees wheel then?
Ok. I hope my worries are unnecessary but I can't be sure. I have no problem attaching the black MOMO (even if it didn't have that third clamp) but this might be just a matter of few millimetres.

Even if the wheel fits with no problems I will still have a problem finding a good place for the shifter but I already had a backup plan for that (though the desk isn't the best place for the shifter anyway).

Could you tell me what's the exact distance between this (see the pic)?
Attached images
Image1.jpg
i think its about the same as the dfp. someone here probably can get exact measurements. you can also take that piece off for thicker desks
50mm [+/- 1mm] with the clamp fully opened
50 mm? Can't be that much... I think you misunderstood the pic, check it again, now it should be clearer...
i know it is at least one inch. i think the dfp with the extra spacer is 1 inch so its more without
the wheel looks very good sorta reminds me of one of my fav momo wheels.
Attached images
4tun_fighter.gif
Thanks for clearing that up mcman, and thanks for the additional details. Shall experiment a bit when the wheel arrives.
Quote from mcman :I just looked at your attached image: the distance you indicate with the two red arrows is "depth under the lip" not clamping width. This distance is 17 mm and really only comes into play if your mounting surface has a "lip" hanging down that is more than 52 mm and very close to the edge. Hope this helps.

Thanks for answering.
Just got an email from Gameseek, the (UK) release date has been put back from 29/09/06 to 13/10/2006. Two more damn weeks, dammit!
I already knew that!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG