The online racing simulator
GT:HD demo out
(31 posts, started )
has anyone here played it yet? i dont have a ps3... i'd like to read impressions of lfs racers. i'm wondering what they've done to the physics sofar. can you do donuts? are 0-60times still off by a large margin? what about braking and general handling/physics sofar?
Hm?

Pardon me, I was too busy playing Wii sports. Damn this is fun. Wiiiiiiiii!
iirc GT:HD was abolished.
Quote from Xaid0n :iirc GT:HD was abolished.

No, it was just turned into a Demo instead. IMO paying for a hi-res version of GT4 is no fun for me.
Quote from Lautsprecher[NOR] :No, it was just turned into a Demo instead. IMO paying for a hi-res version of GT4 is no fun for me.

i kinda agree, i dont think paying however much (60$ probably) for a game which doesn't even have all that much content

actually.. the graphics are very very very... very^infinite nice
hah.. and we said GT4 had great graphics

i think the best place for GT:HD is on a big plasma screen during some party just to show off clarity

i see they still have that same old horrid tire squeeling sound too
well, we dont know what gt5 will have in it... except that it will have more cars/tracks/features and an improved physics engine.
GT:HD is ridiculous if what i heard was true, that you have to buy some of the cars with real money after you bought the game, totalling something around £200.
thats like how it was for NFS:Carbon, you could buy more games if you had online... so retarded

im actually surprised that there still aren't skid marks, especially for HD

lol its kinda funny, i bet by next summer or next update LFS will have better engine sounds than GT does
Quote from whitey6272 :GT:HD is ridiculous if what i heard was true, that you have to buy some of the cars with real money after you bought the game, totalling something around £200.

you are way behind. gt:hd has already been cancled. this is just a demo and there are supposed to be more demos to come to keep gt fans from going crazy while they way wait for gt5 to come out.
Quote from XCNuse :im actually surprised that there still aren't skid marks, especially for HD

I wonder why it doesn't have skid marks this time... the most powerful new generation console can't handle so advanced graphical effect? I remember that the lack of skid marks pissed me off back in GT1... since that has become some kind of trademark. Whenever you play a game that doesn't have damage, incar view or skid marks, you're probably playing the latest Gran Turismo!
lol

i was watching some video for test drive unlimited (that game looks.. amazing) and it somewhat explained why there isn't damage; is because majority of time your going so fast you would in life.. literally destroy the car into bits and not be able to drive away, and who likes to start a race over just because you made some dumb mistake when.. it is actually a game

damage is nice; but in GT i can imagine it being unbearable, especially for 24 hour races.. that.. would suck
i hardly ever crash... i dont think it would be unbearable to have damage for the good drivers it would help to discourage dirty/risky driving online and off.
Well at least some little damage wouldn't be wrong.. would it. Even it was only cosmetic damage to the bodywork, glass and lights.. Richard Burns Rally has this option aside the realistic damage option wich makes 1 adventure off the track a lethal one.

But the real reason behind GT never having damage is because the car brand licenses don't allow them to damage the car wich would have a negative impact on the image of the respective cars.

Yeahhright, as if the cars they sell are indestructable. illepall
no i've heard now that the issue isn't licensing, its for the gaming aspect of it all

before apparently thats what they said, but i dont hear that anymore

now its that there isn't damage so the 'user' can do whatever they want without worrying about destroying their car even if they run it into a telephone pole going 150 mph
Quote from (SaM) :But the real reason behind GT never having damage is because the car brand licenses don't allow them to damage the car wich would have a negative impact on the image of the respective cars.

Yeahhright, as if the cars they sell are indestructable. illepall

I think that still has about 50% truth... but giving that as an excuse for not having damage at all is bullsh*t. I bet Sony has enough money to buy more expensive "damaging allowed" licenses. And they could always buy some small series license... for example if you buy FIA GT license, you buy it from FIA and car manufacturers can't stop you damaging the cars.
Project gotham racing 2's damage model was fine for an arcadey console racing game. Why can't the makers of gt and test drive implement that kind of minimal exterior damage model?
its not whether they can or can't, we know they can, they just choose not to
I remember watching, i think it was the DVD that came with Prologue, and the creator was saying something like they wanted to create a driving experiance all round, not a crash fest.
If you can't crash the car, not even dent it, it's not worthy of its name The Real Driving Simulator.
Not even talking about skidmarks.
Quote :Guys this is GT:HD (revamped GT4) NOT GT5.

GT5 will have physics, damage, real time weather change, online racing, online B-track racing, online team racing, god knows how many cars/tracks, easier modification etc.

Just please keep in mind before you comment that this is just GT4.5 (if that) and not GT5.

Sorry just had to laugh

To me it doesn't look that pretty, for those of you that have rF I'd strongly recommend downloading the beautiful new Nurburgring that was released today (with some layouts using public roads around the 'ring for a new twist) and the BMW E46 M3 mod.

The BMW both looks stunning, and I mean really stunning, see it in game the screens really don't do it justice but unlike most rF mods it seems to have been created by someone who knows the difference between a road car and some kind of crappy race car with magically grippy tires like the dreadful Ferrari 430 road car mod (it borrowed physics from GTR lol). For those that have rF try the BMW with your wheel set to 900 degree lock it suddenly has what no other sim racing experience (including LFS) has ever had: a true standard road car that isn't rewarding to drive like a racing car. This mod has FF which is much better than other rF mods, it's not on par with LFS but getting there. It just makes me wish that LFS had some real road cars in it rather than the current race cars in a road body.
Quote from spankmeyer :Hm?

Pardon me, I was too busy playing Wii sports. Damn this is fun. Wiiiiiiiii!

Haha yeah! Amen brother!
#24 - JTbo
Quote from ajp71 :
The BMW both looks stunning, and I mean really stunning, see it in game the screens really don't do it justice but unlike most rF mods it seems to have been created by someone who knows the difference between a road car and some kind of crappy race car with magically grippy tires like the dreadful Ferrari 430 road car mod (it borrowed physics from GTR lol). For those that have rF try the BMW with your wheel set to 900 degree lock it suddenly has what no other sim racing experience (including LFS) has ever had: a true standard road car that isn't rewarding to drive like a racing car. This mod has FF which is much better than other rF mods, it's not on par with LFS but getting there. It just makes me wish that LFS had some real road cars in it rather than the current race cars in a road body.

I would not rate that BMW mod so high, tires are not realistic, engine sounds are completely different car, there is loud gear whine even it is a road car etc.

I did not look very deeply into it, but what it has is pretty graphics. Maybe it has some potential, but there is two things that keep me away from it, sounds and tires. I'm really amazed to see (I mean hear) those sounds, I mean what an earth they have been thinking, it does not sound at all even remotely m3. I can hear every morning sound from real thing as neighbour goes to work, it is good sound, in mod, well that might be ok sound for 4 banger, but even for that it is setup so that it sounds like having 2k rpm less than car really has.
Sure there is not many issues and there is more right than most of mods, but these faults are in most important parts, making thing unplayable without changes which are 2 hour job, but I'm lacking motivation a bit.
Also I'm lacking a bit of motivation to finish my own mod, that is street car too, maybe I find it some day.

I actually made also new physics and all to F430 mod, but I think they wont get released because of it being originally based to GTR car.
Quote from JTbo :I would not rate that BMW mod so high, tires are not realistic, engine sounds are completely different car, there is loud gear whine even it is a road car etc.

I did not look very deeply into it, but what it has is pretty graphics. Maybe it has some potential, but there is two things that keep me away from it, sounds and tires. I'm really amazed to see (I mean hear) those sounds, I mean what an earth they have been thinking, it does not sound at all even remotely m3. I can hear every morning sound from real thing as neighbour goes to work, it is good sound, in mod, well that might be ok sound for 4 banger, but even for that it is setup so that it sounds like having 2k rpm less than car really has.

As for the tires, have you tried the latest patch, 1.1? The overall effect of the changes is a realistic slight loss of grip and bias towards understeer unless provoked. Also make sure the steering lock is properly setup, it's useless without. As for the sounds my guess is they were taken from a racing M3 (GTR Z3 maybe?) and have obviously lost all the smoothness and are other cars are far too loud but when driving on your own this mod ain't half bad. As for the gearshifts and transmission whine I really hoped they would have gone in the patch are there any decent road car gear shift sounds or rF to replace them with?

(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG