The online racing simulator
edit_eng+v8=good
(244 posts, started )
Since you asked about mod progress with the checking:

Apart from one issue I haven't tested yet (because it's a pain), it's getting a green light from me. SamH has no experience with LFS Tweak so isn't going to get involved. No other mods have commented yet.

Al Heeley and Gunn are usually about so, redruM69, you may wish to drop them a reminder PM to speed things up. Scirocco and Fonnybone only drop in now and then so chances are they haven't seen it yet.
one question from me - will the tweak work in a multiplayer Game if both peers have the same tweak setup loaded?
this is a bit very important for me
I think so, it worked with the old versions.
@Bob : Thanks for the progress report, I appreciate it.
Quote from redruM69 :Herki is right.
You did not edit the Sauber itself.. You modified its carTYPE (Cartype 11), And changed the min/max cylinders to 10... forcing it to 10 cylinders. the actual carfile itself is not modifiable.

LFSTweak is not a cartype modifier, only carfile.

never said anything about modifying the carfile. Modifying the carfile would just be silly.
Yes, it sure would be . Sil3ntwar, how did you get your Sauber to have 10 cylinders? Did you write your own program? What values did you modify?
Quote from hrtburnout :Yes, it sure would be . Sil3ntwar, how did you get your Sauber to have 10 cylinders? Did you write your own program? What values did you modify?

yes and the values change with every release of LFS and i wouldnt tell anyone anyway.
Ok sir, I'll keep this silent.
its coming soon!
Quote from funnybone2 :its coming soon!

you're pretty excited... but you realized you won't be able to use it, right?
Quote from herki :you're pretty excited... but you realized you won't be able to use it, right?

Shhhh...dont talk so loud or he'll hear, you cant give him such news just like that, we have to prepare him for it first, and then gently tell him that he wont be able to play...
jeez...the poor guy could have a heart attack!
Quote from keltern :Wow dude! Whay to go teasing everybody!

Couldn't hear a single sound I didn't like in that video! AWESOME!

Your setup isn't bad either!

i wouldnt car if the new tweak came along with only presets for the game as long as i get this one with this sound...>.<
Quote from sil3ntwar :never said anything about modifying the carfile. Modifying the carfile would just be silly.

......and why again is this silly? :rolleyes:
You replied to a post that said "The other cars are encrypted", implying that the cars are NOT encrypted...
When in fact they ARE encrypted, exactly as he said. It is the carFILE that is encrypting, so ya, you DID say something about modifying the carfile.

Quote from sil3ntwar :i wouldnt tell anyone anyway.

Ya but I will....... Mem address 57B0D2, change to 0A
Thanks man! /me fires up Quick Memory Editor

edit : Wow, I managed to get a V12 BF1 :hyper:
will you post the .mem file for lazy people like me?
Dang it, i'm to stupid to use quick memory editor
Can someone give some hints of what to search for in the memory
Quote from ajp71 :Can someone give some hints of what to search for in the memory

I'd guess you should search 08, but there are way too many values
I figured out how to change engine size, minimum and maximum amount of cylinders, power, and powerband.
Gah! I don't know much about c-pogramming, so I haven't got a clue what to look for! xD

Haven't gotten further than arrays in class.. =\

Uch, I dunno...
Quote from hrtburnout :I figured out how to change engine size, minimum and maximum amount of cylinders, power, and powerband.

stop boasting and tell us
(or PM me )
Quote from herki :stop boasting and tell us
(or PM me )

I'd like to know to..

hrtburnout: did you use Quick Memory Editor? I only get Search Error when searching for 57B0D2. What data type is it?

Help a non-hacker here!
Same here.. so i gave up searching for that string!

All i've been able to change so far, is the info on the garagethingie for the active car! xD
Well, I know which values to modify for 3 car types now. BF1, XFG/XRG/UF1 and the GTR cars.
By the way, I use ArtMoney SE. That's a much better program. I'll be silent about this now
Quote from lehegarat :I'd like to know to..

hrtburnout: did you use Quick Memory Editor? I only get Search Error when searching for 57B0D2. What data type is it?

Help a non-hacker here!

thats an ADDRESS not a string

edit_eng+v8=good
(244 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG