The online racing simulator
Quote from FPVaaron :- Annoying DING sound when some one types a message

Go to your lfs\data\audio directory and move message.raw and sys_message.raw to somewhere else

I really see no need for karts, IMO there's a huge gap in the sim-racing market for historic racing, seeing as there's plenty of competition (GTR, rFactor, Fir$t) with GT type cars, with maybe a smallish mid-engined V8 (Ferrari 360 style) and a slightly bigger single seater (F3) then most of the current simulation market is done (assuming Nascar and GTP aren't going to be beaten by LFS anytime soon).
Quote from FPVaaron :
- People under 13.

Get to hell! Im under 13
Quote from ajp71 : I really see no need for karts, IMO there's a huge gap in the sim-racing market for historic racing

Isn't GT legends filling this gap?
Quote from Chris_Kerry :Isn't GT legends filling this gap?

If you can call using a canned physics engine "filling the gap", sure... :rolleyes:
Quote from Chris_Kerry :Isn't GT legends filling this gap?

Well, if we think this "historic gap" we have several games and add-ons that go along with the historic theme: (I don't think they are simulators, but...)

Mods for EA's F1 (many many):
- old formulas 70's and 80's and early 90's
- old prototypes like Prototype-C / SP1
- BTCC 93 - 94

F1:
- GPL and mods

Rally
- Rally trophy

GTRs
- GT legends

---
More things I don't want to see in LFS:
- new car classes nobody wants to drive online = LX8
- car tuning
- electronics like TCS, ABS, ESP
-those ridiculous exhaust pipes in FZ5. like beer cans, lol omg lmao rofl
I wasn't counting Nascar Heat, SCGT, and F1C mods as they are all lacking in a decent physics engine, these are all so disapointing when you actually drive them.

I hadn't counted GTL as I was thinking about racing cars.
#32 - MoBy
things i dont want to see. . .

well alot have been said.
i dont want to see:
LX4 or LX6 nobody really drives them..then again i could be wrong.
Trucks. . .nascar has that covered.
Bikes(not that i dont like bikes, but just because i use a steering wheel haha. its hard to drive a bike with a wheel :-p)
people who are just ass'(haha but that cant be fixed)
cell phone drivers
soccer moms
21' or higher wheels
and starbucks
Quote from FPVaaron :Things that shouldn't be in LFS

- Drifters
- Driver aids
- Mechanical birds flying wildly out of control across the race track
- People under 13.
- Annoying DING sound when some one types a message
- NFSU type car mods
- ehe he eh hehe eh ehe eh hee ee (sideways face)

I agree.
Quoting yourself should be banned too, unless you've said something really, really funny a few pages back and you feel the need to share it
#35 - MoBy
haha i didnt even realize he quoted himself. haha BAN!! i kidd i kidd
Quote from FPVaaron :I agree.

U can get rid of the annoying ding sound by deleting the sound file that makes it, I did it in S1 and it worked fine but it sure was errie for awhile
leave the lx4 in! it has such a nice engine
-
I Say (imthebestracerthereis) DELETED by imthebestracerthereis : eh
#38 - wark
Quote from Forbin :Blasphemy. I see no reason why bikes shouldn't be included. It's merely yet another form of (legitimate) racing.

Bikes... because I love them too much to ruin with a computer simulation.
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :There should be a "showoff" track and if you want neon lights or furry dice, you can add that and other things (hydraulics, ect...) (sorta like blackwood area that only allows ramps)

Uh, that was the complete opposite of what this thread was asking, almost a year old dig up, and NFSU2 is for what you just posted.

Thank you.
Quote from Skyline_Drifter_ :Uh, that was the complete opposite of what this thread was asking, almost a year old dig up, and NFSU2 is for what you just posted.

Thank you.

oh...
nvm then, i dont onw NFS anything
-
(wark) DELETED by wark
Quote from tristancliffe :Traction Control

UNLUCKY !
they should have age groups if you want certain people in certain groups
Quote from Becky Rose :UNLUCKY !

Yes, but Scawen remembered the most important part - the off button (though I actually leave it on and have a high limit, so it won't cut in unless I have a nervous twitch).
engines which rev up to ridiculous 10~ thousand rpms.
I thought some engines could rev over 10k rpm, like the honda engine in the s2000 (12k iirc)
i say 1 monster truck haahaahhaa maybe
Quote from fragile_dog :I thought some engines could rev over 10k rpm, like the honda engine in the s2000 (12k iirc)

I'm pretty sure the S2000 only revs to 9k.

600cc 4-cylinder sportbikes, on the other hand, rev to over 16k.
the game don't need to be arcade
Get rid of tyres, what we need are TWEELS! The future, man!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG