The online racing simulator
To people who spam blue flag messages:
SHUT UP! You are just showing you dont know how to pass. Do you want us to drive your car for you? Learn to pass cleanly. It might even mean you have to slow down for a turn or two, GASP.

JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE FAST DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE GOOD.

:slap:
Quote from drinklime :SHUT UP! You are just showing you dont know how to pass. Do you want us to drive your car for you? Learn to pass cleanly. It might even mean you have to slow down for a turn or two, GASP.

JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE FAST DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE GOOD.

:slap:

Gets annoying doesn't it?
**BLUE FLAG BLUE FLAG MOVE OUT OF MY WAY**

sorry, couldn't resist.
I have a NOOB THERE ALREADY IS A BLUE FLAG MESSAGE bind if someone uses it. When I see a blue flag bind sometimes I am literally resisting the temptation to brake test them.
The thing is that most blue flags are caused by people who joined the race late and were not lapped. They have no stake in the race. But it really does suck if a few good players race for the first three places only to be spoiled by someone who joined late and doesn't want to move right away. Or slows down the car all the way up to the inside of the corner making you pass him on the outside.

Besides, the races are usually small so I don't see the need for such light blue flag rules. If you joined late or are going to interfere with the leading pack, just move right away or go spectate, like I said, you have no stake in that race.
The thing is, they can see the blue flag on their screen. If they don't react to it, the chances are they aren't going to react to the blue flag spam either. Also, if they do, they actually have to take their eyes off the road and read the message, and then the flaming starts..
I lose alot of respect for racers and people when they spam the blue blag message.

I admit, it is a bind for me but I havn't used it hardly ever. The one time I can think was was when a guy drove 2 laps with no attemp to slow down or let me pass. He would take the corners very slow so I had to slow up then he would throttle up on the straights and I would catch him at the corners again.

But, in my time playing LFS I have used it once, I admit and in a way my pride was dented. Please dont flame me. I am doing no wrong. What annoys me when the spam it when they are atleast 100 yards away, then I feel the need to brake test them or not let them past, but I'm clean and keep it in
Shouldnt worry about me when I'm being lapped when I join the middle of a race, I usually get out of the way, make sure I have a clear path both infront and behind, and get back into race pace.
what really anoys me is the ones who spam it before the blue flag message comes up and then take over a lap to close the gap to you, i had one the other day who started to spam me after i left pit lane and was approaching the first bend and he was starting his second lap, a gap of maybe 15 seconds, 6 laps later i passed him for position
Quote from BigDave2967 :Shouldnt worry about me when I'm being lapped when I join the middle of a race, I usually get out of the way, make sure I have a clear path both infront and behind, and get back into race pace.

Whats your race name...I remember your user from the Redline servers.
If I see those messages I am more inclined not to get out of the person's way. I don't like blocking messages, but I sometimes do it after a blue flag bind just to bug the person spamming it.

Cause I'm nice like that
I'll only T it when I see the lappe not move over and wreak the lapper.
In other words I'm spectating and am more able to comment on the exact situation.

While I'm driving, well, I have a Horn and Flashers most of the time

Messages while I'm driving I rarely read becuase *gasp* I'm driving. So someone who is spamming a bind key, how do you even know who it's for/from/to and all that (in relation to you/others are at that moment on the track). I don't race with Names floating over cars (sorry).
Hmmm...I'm not a person that spams Blue flag messages, I don't even have it binded...

But I can tell you what's bothering me even more...People that hate when someone spams them with blue flag messages.

These people are usually the ones that won't brake and let the person pass until the last possible moment. Those people are also the ones that believe they are Superman and can battle it off with the leaders that are lapping them, only ending up crashing in the chicane, or missing the braking point just after the leader has passed them.

Are you sorry then? When a car getting lapped ruins a race of a person that has earned leading, do you come here and make threads about it?

What you guys don't take into account, is that the leader about to lap doesn't know who is in front of him. Is it a good and fair racer in control of his car at ALL moments (rarely)? Is it a noob so excited about racing on teh internet that he's salivating on his wheel in a frenzy and doesn't even notice anything outside his 90 degrees field of view? Is it a guy that has been misleaded by the Blue flag hating threads on the forum stating that you don't have to move over when you see blue flag?

So when he sees you not moving over, he's just getting afraid you're going to be one of the latter cases, and starts the spam.

I don't know about you, but when I see a blue flag, I let the person pass pretty easily, because A) he's gotta be much faster than me to lap me B) I'm not racing for the championship if I'm getting blue flagged...It's not like we're in formula 1 and the last places results count, and C) I couldn't imagine how sorry I would be if I had ruined his race by my stupid pride, for...nothing.

This rant is probably not meant at you, but the endless list of persons that have ruined races when they were blue flagged (except the cases where the leader couldn't even wait before a straight or a wide turn to pass).
This is only about half on-topic. Anyway, I am not even sure everyone racing online knows what the blue flag is. They just see BLUE FLAG on their screen and someone spamming BLUE FLAG MOVE OVER!. Maybe it would be a better to explain to a person that doesn't move over on blue flags what it actually means. Blue flag isn't very self-explanatory really, some people probably just need to be told what it means.
of course when you have a blue flag you are supposed to let the guy by. that is not my point. my point is he has the blue flag, and someone spamming their own blue flag message is doing no good except showing how obnoxious he is, and distracting all the other drivers on the track.

if someone has a blue flag and doesnt move, that is a different issue. but my point is you are just as much of a jerk if you are going to spam the server, and if you think that everyone else on the track is supposed to drive into the grass and stop for you.
Once, I think whilst testing for a league race, somebody spammed blue flag at me before I got the LFS blue flag message. I actually got the message mid corner and he was still a fair way back but I had nothing to gain so I figured i'd let him past on the straight...

Sadly he didn't get as far as the straight, Whilst distracted by his blue flag spam message I went a little wide and got it sideways by accident because I was reading his messages, and promptly provided him a roadblock on his corner exist.

Of course he proceeding to make a big deal about it, I think he even mentioned it on the league forum. All I can say is... Karma dude.
just slam ur brakes on mid corner or very early thats what i do 9 time out of 10 they are slow as crap anyway and you pull away from them thats funny
If I ran my own server, I would put it in the rules that Spamming The Blue Flag Message would dealt with rather a ban or kick.

Its arrogant and there is no need for it as LFS posts up the Blue Flag message.

Eccentric? Spamming the Blue Flag message is, and this rule is just as.

Quote from tombarlin :just slam ur brakes on mid corner or very early thats what i do 9 time out of 10 they are slow as crap anyway and you pull away from them thats funny

Welcome to S2?

Hold back the anger my friend. You are just as bad as them if you cause a crash because of it.
welcome to s2?? january 2006?? thanks lol
It was a joke suggesting that what you do is demo racer behavior, but you are an S2 racer. It also means that as you are "new" to S2 you still have demo racer habits inside of you and you havnt got used to the clean fun of S2.

But it was a joke matey, so offence caused...hopefully
I'm tempted to brake-test people who spam BLUE FLAG messages, especially if they're so far back I can't even them in my mirror (in fact I've done it once or twice, with hilarious results ) ... but these days I just block messages before the green light. People who chat incessantly while a race is still on annoy me far more than the occasional blue flag-spamming half-wit.
Quote from duke_toaster :I have a NOOB THERE ALREADY IS A BLUE FLAG MESSAGE bind if someone uses it.

great one gonna try it in the next days ^^
I've gotten much faster over the last couple weeks and started to get to the point where i'm lapping people. Now I see why these people sometimes spam blue flag. Most of the time people let you by or keep their line and make it an easy pass. I've had a couple cases were backmarkers are driving unpredictable lines and drive extremely defensively(I've been cut off by some people at every overtaking spot on the track). Now that I've seen these lines that can/have shoved me off the road, I see why people do it.

Better safe than sorry!
if they swerve and keep getting in your way just load them.
Quote from Rappa Z : I see why people do it.

Better safe than sorry!

But it's completely pointless.... The car in front is already getting a blue flag message...what is spamming "Blue Flag" at someone going to achieve?
As Becky's example showed, it's more likely to cause a crash due to a loss of concentration when you look at the spam.

There should be a bit of code that picks up the words "blue flag" in your text and spectates you immediately for using it

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG