The online racing simulator
strange that it doesnt work...
try some lower setting at a lower res, maybe your card/driver combo doesnt support the selected kind of AA at this insane res.
Try 4x/4x, should always work.

Or try some tweaked drivers, they work always
(tweaksrus.com)
Quote from Anarchi-H :I did have AA on I think my card / drivers are being selective of what they apply it to though, or its applying it badly. (AGP 128mb 6600GT w/78.01)

If you look at the fence on the right, it is as smooth as, and so are the signs and cars in the bg.
The barriers and the fxo look jaggy tho

Here is the original, taken with fraps at 2048x1536@32bit w/ 8xAA & 16xAF forced in cp

i see the number plate is rotax max? you are a kart driver?
Indeed that might be it. My 9800 Radeon only supports up to 1600x1200 when I have 4x FSAA enabled. When you say the screen had FSAA on when you were in game but not when you took the screenshot, you might just not have seen the pixels due to the insane high resolution. Try 1600x1200 resolution, that might fix the problem.
When I enable FSAA and go back to LFS in fullscreen, it doesnt get applied either. However, when I switch to window and back with SHIFT F4, it does get applied. Maybe that works for you?
Quote from ORION :strange that it doesnt work...
try some lower setting at a lower res, maybe your card/driver combo doesnt support the selected kind of AA at this insane res.

Appears you are correct here. AA doesn't get applied at 2048x1536, but it does at 1600x1200. You just ccan't tell the difference on 99% of objects in game.

Quote from d6nn : i see the number plate is rotax max? you are a kart driver?

That isn't me in the shot. I believe it is poolek or szyscek.
Few pics ...
Attached images
NUFC light.jpg
rain V8.jpg
flame.jpg
sweet pics
#558 - Don
Attached images
FZ5@city.jpg
The flame one is really nice

*edit* Just saw your post don. Great camera angle! i love it
Quote from VALE 46 :Few pics ...

.. didnt someone post those back in RSC?
yea they're all old
guess it was him
:doh:
First one is new, last two were old :dunce:
Dont worry, they're both new this time
Is it me, or does that windmill thing look really out of place at South City ?
Attached images
FZ50 heat.jpg
Fz50 slide.jpg
rofl it looks gigantic in that second picture, it adds to the scenery though ingame.. but there it definetly looks out of place

(should the light refraction [bubbly .. stuff] be only near the ground? .. should make a mirror reflection in a far off place on the ground too)
Here's a quickie by me. Please, any tips are wanted, I have no clue what to do, I'm just trying out the huge possibilities the PSP offers

Disclaimer: I can't be held responsible for eyes bleeding/falling off/self poking.
Quote from Hyperactive :Here's a quickie by me. Please, any tips are wanted, I have no clue what to do, I'm just trying out the huge possibilities the PSP offers

Disclaimer: I can't be held responsible for eyes bleeding/falling off/self poking.

I think the angle and whole scene is pretty good, but the fact that the cars are so blurred and the scene is rather bright (just lots of contrast), it doesn't seem photo-realistic to me in a way.

If you have a dark/low-light day, then the cars would be blurry without flash.

If you have a bright day and want to make things blurred, the end photos end up looking 'masked' with black on it (like as if you put a black trash bag over the lense but could still see through depending on how transparent the bag is). Basically not a lot of light is exposed if cars were to be blurry, and there is big variations in light and dark in this... probably from the contrast.

If you didn't want 'photo-realistic' in mind, then I suppose it is just an action shot, which you did just fine
Quote from Tweaker :I think the angle and whole scene is pretty good, but the fact that the cars are so blurred and the scene is rather bright (just lots of contrast), it doesn't seem photo-realistic to me in a way.

If you have a dark/low-light day, then the cars would be blurry without flash.

If you have a bright day and want to make things blurred, the end photos end up looking 'masked' with black on it (like as if you put a black trash bag over the lense but could still see through depending on how transparent the bag is). Basically not a lot of light is exposed if cars were to be blurry, and there is big variations in light and dark in this... probably from the contrast.

If you didn't want 'photo-realistic' in mind, then I suppose it is just an action shot, which you did just fine

Ah, constructive criticism, I like it. I tried to make it a realistic looking picture but the blur is overdone. My goal was to make a photorealistic pic, and this second one was maybe better than the first one. I'll make another one with less blur and better sharpness and see what comes out
Good point XCNuse
I done the reflection on the first one quite subtle (maybe not enough) , but on the second one i might have done it too much
Attached images
FZ50 heat2.jpg
FZ50 slide2.jpg
Actually, when I think of summer and hot roads, I never saw any reflection on them... It just looked wet at a specific distance, but there was nothing reflected...
If you are going to reflect the road, make the entire road reflected, because the place where it stops looks pretty out of place.

But overall I like the effect, it looks nice. It's like an oiled down road in the blazing heat. Nice job

Edit- that first one is very nice. Really good work man
wow.. ya that road reflection looks great! (not real) but a very nice effect, wonder if i can find a good picture on google
guess not

anways, it should be at the very edge of where the road drops off to where you cant see it anymore, you have the idea, but it should be only near the very edge (usually you only see the refletion of the sky though, so it should be bright and almost sky like looking)
Quote from xapexcivicx :If you are going to reflect the road, make the entire road reflected, because the place where it stops looks pretty out of place.

When i was adding the reflection i saw that, was trying to rub it out when i relised it was just a suface change, cos its in the original pic without the reflection

Edited pics
(14119 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG