The online racing simulator

Poll : Are you interested in racing in the LFS **GP** series

No, if no, please state any reason below
Yes, I would be very interested in participating
I would like to see GT series (FZR vs XRR, without FXR) in this format and i would be interested.
It seems that the BF1 route isnt a popular one, which is a shame, nevermind.......

I plan on running some one off events over the next few weeks to gauge interest in various types of racing, so watch this space.........
We need something different, that's why the RSC has been so successful, due to the unused RAC and the un-raced FZ5
if it's possible ill be in ...
Yes I'd definitely do a BF1 series.

Fern Bay Black is not a good track for the BF1. The damage model cannot cope with that combo. 6 laps and the car is destroyed. The OWRL F1 race at Fern Bay was won by a guy who did 5 pitstops. It just doesn't make good racing.
Fantastic car really, truly amazing. I'm definitely interested in competing in such a league.

I think the league should run on strictly S2 tracks (incl. new Blackwood), maybe run on one S1 track like SO Long but thats it really. As Storm said, the kerbs just wreck the car at Fern Bay.
Huh? Have I missed the introduction of a force field on FE that pulls the cars to the kerbs?

I'm sometimes really staggered by the moans of some people who just can't break with their hotlapping habits to get around problems... :doh:

Damage model can't cope my *ss... YOU can't cope with looking after your car!
Quote from bbman :Huh? Have I missed the introduction of a force field on FE that pulls the cars to the kerbs?

I'm sometimes really staggered by the moans of some people who just can't break with their hotlapping habits to get around problems... :doh:

Damage model can't cope my *ss... YOU can't cope with looking after your car!

You didn't miss it. You did completely miss the point however.

OWRL F1 was won by a guy who smashed over all the kerbs and was so much quicker in doing so that he could afford to do 3 more pitstops to fix all this damage.

LFS damage is gradual and caused by heavy impact. F1's suspension doesn't bend like other categories as it is made of carbon fibre. Heavy forces in the direction that the suspension is designed to have strength will not break it. An F1 car wouldn't break into pieces after 6 hard laps at Imola, so it shouldn't at Fern Bay.
No, what BBMAN is saying, is because the track is harsher on the car, don't go hell for leather trying to be 'fast' just be consistant... The track caught you all out, face it. It was a tought deal
Yeah, and what Storm Cloud is saying was that it was quicker to keep damaging the car and pit to repair it than it was to drive around the problem. He wasn't complaining that the track is impossible to drive without damaging the car, just that the way to win is by killing the car over the kerbs. Hopefully one day the damage modelling will make suspension failure practically terminal like in reality, then the quickest way to drive will be the least damaging.
Right, I understand what you mean now.
I agree LfS' damage model needs fixing and that it is unrealistic to get that sort of damage repaired (quickly).

Quote from Storm_Cloud :F1's suspension doesn't bend like other categories as it is made of carbon fibre. Heavy forces in the direction that the suspension is designed to have strength will not break it. An F1 car wouldn't break into pieces after 6 hard laps at Imola, so it shouldn't at Fern Bay.

I don't agree with that paragraph though... Have you ever compared the kerbs of Imola with those of Fern Bay? You're practically ramming full on over a kerbstone (not track, public road stones)! Even though a race car has a very rigid suspension, FE should practically rip the tyres off it!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG