The online racing simulator
BUG REPORTS : Formula BMW
(133 posts, started )
#101 - SFL
Quote from ghost racer :I use a mouse with a sequential shifter (Mouse scroller)

I tested out the FBM, and I am not able to shift unless my car has fully let off the throttle, then I am only able to upshift in the FBM.

I tested out the BF1 and I can upshift no problem while having the throttle down.

Downshifting is fine in the FBM.

The FBM has a manual sequential gearbox. That means the clutch isn't used and you have to ease of the throttle when shifting up (and, irl, blipping when shifting down)

The BF1 has a semi-automatic sequential gearbox wich means throttle cutting and shifting are done with paddles.
Quote :
However, I've been getting strange results with other cars downshifting (Non pattle shifted cars).

Only with the clutch fully depressed... and I can't push the throttle past a certain limit. Then it will allow me to downshift.

I've also posted the error that I can't downshift only unless I have the clutch fully depressed. I also can't downshift without using a clutch. Again this error does not afftect the FBM

I think this could be along the same lines of the glitch I'm getting.

When shifting a H-shifter (unless it's a dogbox one) you allways need to use the clutch to change gear.

If anything in this post is incorrect correct me please!
and lets get on with some bugs..

After a race today I had no more fuel left so I was just standing on the track with the engine off. Somebody hit me quite hard from behind and my car flipped, when flipped over EVERY movement of ANY (steering, throttle, brake) axis of my controller would magically make my car go around 80kmh. (still upside down). My wheels turned, also rpm went up.

Cya, and congrats on the new the car, it's a winner!
-V-Max- - Got a replay of that? If so, post it!
Quote from SpaceMarineITA :@Scawen:

I think there is something strange with cambers on FBMW:

for obtaining a small negative "real camber" u have to set a quite high positive "setup camber".

I don't know if this is a wanted thing or not, so is better to check it if is all ok.

In old versions of lfs the differences between real and setup cambers were not so big.

Quote from SpaceMarineITA :It should not be in that way, for being simulative 0 degree on real car should be 0 degree on lfs car

This is an error in the Italian translation (and some others I think). Not a bug in LFS.

In the English version, it says "camber adjust" in the setup screen, not just "camber". Setup camber adjustments are relative to those in the default setup.

The real BMW default setup has a lot of negative camber so with this car if you want a bit less negative camber you will use a positive "camber adjust".

I also adjusted the FOX to have some more negative camber in the default setup, so FOX setups should be adjusted as well.
This only happens for me with the BMW, not any other cars. Check out the side mirrors. This is only if I have real mirrors turned off, virtual on.
Attached images
FB02.jpg
did you minimize and maximize and see it like this? i find if i pit, then come out of the pits, it goes away.. but it happens to me with all cars (ever since s2) and i have real mirrors on...
Quote from Gabkicks :did you minimize and maximize and see it like this? i find if i pit, then come out of the pits, it goes away.. but it happens to me with all cars (ever since s2) and i have real mirrors on...

Yes, actually.

Sorry to intrude upon your time, Scawen.
i don't think you should be able to see the virtual clocks when glancing 45/90 degrees
Some times in 3rd and 4th gear the auto cluch turns of,

and i have to pres the clutch button

Its a preety minor bug but needs fixing thow
Quote from SFL :When shifting a H-shifter (unless it's a dogbox one) you allways need to use the clutch to change gear.

No you don't. You can change gears in a H-gearbox without clutch.
Quote from geeman1 :No you don't. You can change gears in a H-gearbox without clutch.

You can but trying to do it properly at racing speed would be a pain in the arse.
Quote from DeKo :You can but trying to do it properly at racing speed would be a pain in the arse.

You only need to match the revs to do it in LFS, so it works like in real life Takes some time for them to drop though.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Some times in 3rd and 4th gear the auto cluch turns of,

and i have to pres the clutch button

Its a preety minor bug but needs fixing thow

What autoclutch? The car doesn't require the clutch to be depressed when you change gear. Just lift the throttle enough whilst holding the change up paddle.
Bug?
hey guys is this a bug? id say it would have to be, i went into the server and jumped in my FBM and this crazy stuff started happening
[attach]44386[/attach]
so i got into XRG and it was fine, got into XFG and it was fine to, so i got back into FBM and it happend again?
just thought id show you.
and yesterday i got into my XFG and all the interior and wheel eas plain white? so i exited LFS and tried again and it was ok
cheers Michael
Quote from mickyc30 :hey guys is this a bug? id say it would have to be, i went into the server and jumped in my FBM and this crazy stuff started happening
[ATTACH]44386[/ATTACH]
so i got into XRG and it was fine, got into XFG and it was fine to, so i got back into FBM and it happend again?
just thought id show you.
and yesterday i got into my XFG and all the interior and wheel eas plain white? so i exited LFS and tried again and it was ok
cheers Michael

way too many arrows in way too many directions.
lokay!

i love lamp
Quote from mickyc30 :lokay!

i love lamp

You don't make any sense. Can you please try and post like a normal human being?

E: \/\/\/ Is it really necessary to spam this bug report thread?

In other news -

Haha Android got pwned!
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Haha Android got pwned!

He he he he, but seriously wats with my pic? crazy? and android clearly you havnt seen anchorman.
but enough of that, the mirror thing is quite strange, and with the speedo, it started of bright orange, then graduly got whiter and whiter till you couldnt see reving, or what gear you were in, and the mirrors wen crazy?
Here's what I think the problem is. I think it's your computer; I don't think it can handle the higher-res FBM textures, that's why they're white. But the fact that in the XFG and XRG it's fine means that it can handle the lower-res textures, but not the higher-res ones.

I dunno, this could be the problem. It would be nice if you could try on another computer and see if you still have the problem.
:O 2gb ram? Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX 350gb hd? i doubt its my computer for some reason
look at that orange thing in the tyres...
Attached images
lfs_00000001.JPG

BUG REPORTS : Formula BMW
(133 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG