The online racing simulator
World Championchip in Ice Hockey 08
(48 posts, started )
So..what do u think..
who can be winner?.
i think czech republic wins
Whoever kills the most people on the other team, seriously, why do they bother with the sticks and skates, just give them knifes and stick them in a boxing ring.
Meh, they show games too late in the night to follow...
But i saw Germany-Slovakia (1+1/2 game fell asleep...) Germany it's really becoming a good team. Then saw Germany-Norway yesterday. Questionable call at the end of game but Germany screw up the game thinking that 2-0 lead it's safe.
Dont know the roosters. Well Czech Republic is always a good contender. And Jagr is out of playoff now, is he in the roosters?
Same for Russia and Canada, Malkin, Crosby will they join their National teams or are busy with Pittsburg playoffs? Dont know how it works with joining the team etc...
And i would like to see some more Ovenchkin. This season was huge, going to check roosters and tv coverage now... crossing fingers for time zone friendly tv coverage

EDIT:-
Checked roosters (availables at iihf.com), hmm...
In no particular order:
Canada: Ok. Good forward.
Czech Republic: Nice, nice. Get rid of Kaberle. Dont know why he is still in the NHL. Too bad there isnt Jagr. I love him also when he plays bad
Russia: Major businness here. Afigenov, Ovechkin, Semin, Kovalchuk even Fedorov!
Finland: hmm dont seems bad but not good either. Aaaargh! No Jarkko Ruutu! Damn Pittsburg and their playoffs! Jarkko is always good for a laugh!
Slovakia: if they play like against Germany. then its
Sweden: same as for Finland.
USA: how come there isnt Cheelios? ah ah (joking)
Italy (not a serious contender but it's my country) half of the team it's not even italian... really, i hate to live in an all soccer country
Germany: Impressed me against Slovakia. Very bad against Norway. What i have to choose?
No idea. However, GB managed to get a nice safe mid-table spot in Division I. Whilst Team GB would get assraped by much of them, I can't see why they can't increase the big show to 32 teams (other than some logistics).

It's silly timing doing this every year though, IIHF should consider moving it to get the top NHL players in.
Bah checked game stats now.
Disclaimer (didnt saw games due to bad tv coverage) but...
Sweden: i saw that they miss some players but... they seems to just ehm... suck. (for their standard)
Yup. I think it too. They can posticipate at the end of the playoffs. It's not that in Canada they close all the rinks during summer
Someone knows where i can see at least game highlights? On iihf.com seems all subscribing/pay to watch
Is Holland it it?

btw.. soccer sucks
I hope Denmark wins tonight against Sweden. Oh the neighborly love we have..
If Russia plays as a team, they win, but if they start that usual one man show, then Canada wins.

I'm still waiting for the day when the Swiss team beats the crap out of everyone I like them. I don't know why.
no mehico in the championship?
Final:
Russia - Finland, 5-2

Bronze:
Czech Republic - Canada, 2-3 ot.

I'm really disappointed to see team Canada, the mother of hockey, fishing penalties to opponents by obviously faking while really slashing in the face all the time themselves :/

This is not Italian football!

Quote from duke_toaster :I can't see why they can't increase the big show to 32 teams (other than some logistics).

Actually they've been talking about making the big show smaller. But imo it's fine now. Enough but not too many matches.
Well . Slovakia = Fail . If we lose with "Slovinsko" , we had to go to the B group
Too bad Norway didn't make the winning goal with 5 on 3 Would have been a pleasant suprise. Good fight anyway. Canada was struggling a bit.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Whoever kills the most people on the other team, seriously, why do they bother with the sticks and skates, just give them knifes and stick them in a boxing ring.

+1. I hate ice-hockey. It makes people violent. I live in a city where are two major ice-hockey teams. Someone asks you in a bar that do you support "Tappara" or "Ilves". If I answer:
a) Randomly the other one
b) "Kärpät" or any other ice-hockey team
c) I don't watch ice-hockey
Then he spills my drink and wants to have a fight. What an asswipes all hockey-fans in here. They should seriously get a life.
first the gay people, now hockey fans.

is there any group of people you might like?
Quote from Gekkibi :+1. I hate ice-hockey. It makes people violent. I live in a city where are two major ice-hockey teams. Someone asks you in a bar that do you support "Tappara" or "Ilves". If I answer:
a) Randomly the other one
b) "Kärpät" or any other ice-hockey team
c) I don't watch ice-hockey
Then he spills my drink and wants to have a fight. What an asswipes all hockey-fans in here. They should seriously get a life.

Off-topic
The same happens here with football.. People tend to get mad if you're not a fan of their team.. Some time ago, a couple went to a soccer match and when they arrived on the parkinlot they got attacked.. why? becouse there was a toy train (from the couple's kid) on the rear seat which happend to be in the colors of the other soccer team.

How stupid is that?!
/Off-topic
Quote from frokki :first the gay people, now hockey fans.

is there any group of people you might like?

Do you mean me? I have nothing against gays. I have couple of gay-friends and I have no problem to go to a gay-bar with them. I spent new years eve 2007 in a gay-bar, because we voted that should we go to a Mixei (Gay-bar) or Cabaret (Angst-teenage-emo-dance club). Well, only me and my common-law wife were straight.
Quote from Gekkibi :Do you mean me? I have nothing against gays. I have couple of gay-friends and I have no problem to go to a gay-bar with them. I spent new years eve 2007 in a gay-bar, because we voted that should we go to a Mixei (Gay-bar) or Cabaret (Angst-teenage-emo-dance club). Well, only me and my common-law wife were straight.

Geez, sorry!
the gayphobic was JTbo
Quote from Gekkibi :

Same as soccer fans here.

Norway: Big surprise.
Slovakia: Another reason why they have to wait for NHL playoffs to finish.

Frokki: It sucks to hear that about Canada. Know where to see highlights for free? Maybe on some finnish site?
Masalskis hax I just know it. Theres no way a man can catch every single shot. Unless his mentor is Irbe.
Quote from Sponge :Is Holland it it?

Not the top tier. You guys will be in Division I next year. You narrowly avoided relegation, and only won one game - against South Korea, who went down (and that was in extra time).

Blas89 - Mexico are in Division II (the third tier).

Oh, and NZ are in it. You got relegated from Div II to Div III - so that's nice illustrious teams like Luxembourg, Turkey and Greece for you then
O_O I didnt know there is a hockey team here, wow glad to know!
Canada ftw We're obviously gunna win. I mean do you guys seriously think you have a change? LOL! That's funny.

I'm joking btw so plz dnt come in my room at night and stab me in my sleep O_O. However, I still think Canada is doing quite well and has a good chance.
Quote from Gekkibi :

I agree, my neighbour had his friends over to watch a match few days ago, the sounds they produced, it sounded like barking dogs combined with sounds that monkeys do. Especially loud outbursts meant goals, I could know the final score by counting those.
Quote from afastest :I agree, my neighbour had his friends over to watch a match few days ago, the sounds they produced, it sounded like barking dogs combined with sounds that monkeys do. Especially loud outbursts meant goals, I could know the final score by counting those.

Yeah. And if you would like to go to a pub (For example pub "Höyry" in Tampere. Serves all kind of british and irish ales and ciders, good "sitting place"), but forget that there is soccer/ice-hokey match on television, expect to be hit by a bar stool or something if you don't "blend in" and cheer.
Go Sweden!:hidesbehi

(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG