The online racing simulator
New Great Simulation Games
(133 posts, started )
Just visited MX Simulator and its list of features:

Quote :
  • No monster trucks.

I think they talk about a certain 'Motocross' game that has planes, helis, quads many other things that dont have to do with motocross lol.
I tried Bagger-Simulator 2008. Even though I dont know what Bagger means, it's a heavy machinery simulator in which you need to operate big rigs and do some easy jobs. I wouldnt say that the physics are accurate as I never drove a loader or a huge crane but I can say that the vehicles feel heavy and that's what misses in a lot of these games. Overall I would say it's a good game with decent graphics (nothing extraordinary but it's viewable) and the feeling is good while playing it. It's in Russian or German (or any other language that I dont know of) but it's still easy to understand. Here's what I think:

GOOD:

Bagger-Simulator 2008 - (PC)

I didnt find a website or anything but what I know is the game was released two days ago. :/
Bagger = digger...
Quote from bbman :Bagger = digger...

Thanks bb, and is it possible to add that game to the list please? I got other peoples on and off LFS testing it and they all said it was nice. Plus it's only 100mb so it's not too... big on your hard drive.
Quote from Riders Motion :Thanks bb, and is it possible to add that game to the list please? I got other peoples on and off LFS testing it and they all said it was nice. Plus it's only 100mb so it's not too... big on your hard drive.

What about posting a link to a download here?
as the demo is limited to 5 minutes of gameplay it isn't worth downloading in my opinion.
5 minutes, wow. I bet you get a really good impression of the game in that time.
Could you still post a link to the download of Bagger(Digger)Simulator 2008 please even though you are only limited to 5 mins of play.
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/8516/61098533bp6.jpg

here,S a pic of how it looks. The sand is 'fully moddalbe' as you go through it with the machines. For some reason I wont post the download link in here. PM me if you want to get the game.

Yeah I know I'm a cheater I used the conveyor instead of the actualy bulldozer lol.
Download Link and Official Site
too old
Quote from lizardfolk :why isn't NASCAR Racing 2003 on that list?

it is too old...
only games from 4 years ago and younger
Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :it is too old...
only games from 4 years ago and younger

Racer was released in 2000...

Besides, NR2003 deserves an exception. Still truly a proper oval sim after all this time (ASR might be the exception), much superior than the EA copy crap

BTW u also missed Xpand Rally which is reviewed as "Bad".

Also do you accept "semi-sims" (yes this is an actual category)?
Quote from lizardfolk :Racer was released in 2000...

not really... it is always being updated like live for speed, the latest update was on the 17-07-08!!!! - OH NICE THANKS A NEW VERSON HAS JUST BEEN RELEASED lol... thanks for making me go back to the site

Anyway... so technically it is a 2008 game now

Quote from lizardfolk :Besides, NR2003 deserves an exception. Still truly a proper oval sim after all this time (ASR might be the exception), much superior than the EA copy crap

so you are saying NR2003 isn't as good as ASR?
Make your point a bit more clear next time
Quote from Scatter :Has anyone ever tried out/heard of/owned/seen Entusia for the PS2? I'd take it over GT4 and 5 just for the realism.

The Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enthusia

A demo video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=pUex2w1lk4E

And someone who wants to take it out on GT4 using Enthusia: http://youtube.com/watch?v=mjan7JeBtWo

thats the only game i wish i still had a PS2 for. Easily the best (and probably the only true) driving sim on any console in terms of car handling physics. You need a wheel to drive properly, just like LFS, and with a G25 its got some of the best forcefeedback ive ever felt, only second to LFS and iracing in my opinion. This game only gets boring because of the crap selection of tracks.
Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :not really... it is always being updated like live for speed, the latest update was on the 17-07-08!!!! - OH NICE THANKS A NEW VERSON HAS JUST BEEN RELEASED lol... thanks for making me go back to the site

Anyway... so technically it is a 2008 game now

Ummm, no that's not how it works. After all "release date" means the date in which the game was originally released. Because based on what you said, this would mean that every single MMORPG (including WoW) would be considered a "2008" game.

So would you say that World of Warcraft is a "next gen 2008 game" just like Age of Conen or Aion purely based on the fact that it was updated from it's 2004 version? I would think not since then every MMORPG would be considered a "2008 game" because every MMORPG is updated from its original version (fyi very big difference between patch/update and remade)

Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :so you are saying NR2003 isn't as good as ASR?
Make your point a bit more clear next time

No you just misunderstood: "ASR might be the exception" means that some would not feel that way because some would not feel that the ISI engine "effectively" handles the complex aerodynamic and contact physics that is required for oval sims. IMO, it's completely subjective unless someone can give me a code by code breakdown on why one engine is better than the other (which no one has as of now) and vice versa
And this continues...
Quote from lizardfolk :Ummm, no that's not how it works. After all "release date" means the date in which the game was originally released. Because based on what you said, this would mean that every single MMORPG (including WoW) would be considered a "2008" game.

So would you say that World of Warcraft is a "next gen 2008 game" just like Age of Conen or Aion purely based on the fact that it was updated from it's 2004 version? I would think not since then every MMORPG would be considered a "2008 game" because every MMORPG is updated from its original version (fyi very big difference between patch/update and remade)

Well... racer is still in the beta stage so it technically hasn't been released yet at all. (it is in Beta 0.6)

It is the same as Live For Speed S2, it is still in the alpha stage and hasn't been released yet but it is avalible to the public.
S2 will probley be released this year or next year which will count as the release date of S2. (2008 or 2009)

Quote from lizardfolk :No you just misunderstood: "ASR might be the exception" means that some would not feel that way because some would not feel that the ISI engine "effectively" handles the complex aerodynamic and contact physics that is required for oval sims. IMO, it's completely subjective unless someone can give me a code by code breakdown on why one engine is better than the other (which no one has as of now) and vice versa

My bad
Ew, first underlines and now everything in massive SUPER BOLD too? Are you trying to make me vomit?
Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :Well... racer is still in the beta stage so it technically hasn't been released yet at all. (it is in Beta 0.6)

It is the same as Live For Speed S2, it is still in the alpha stage and hasn't been released yet but it is avalible to the public.
S2 will probley be released this year or next year which will count as the release date of S2. (2008 or 2009)

TBH it really depend on your definition once you get into the nasty area of progressive games (LFS S2). Non-mainstream progressive games are usually considered "released" once a version (alpha or beta doesnt matter) is released to the public because it usually take so long for progressive games to develop or to have a "full" version released (if at all).

You see this everyday in the F2P MMORPG community with games like Rappelz, Flyff, Silkroad Online, Archlord Online, etc.

Point being, there's a couple of games that's 4+ years old that's on the list. I understand you want to keep the list sorta recent so you wont have to go back all the way into the early years og gaming with something like Nigel Mansell for the SNES or w/e.

But NR2003 is highly regarded in the sim community and if you include ASR you really should include NR2003 as well. Yes it's old, but it's good to the point in which the quality appeal didn't deteriorate to the point of worthlessness. Thus you should add NR2003 as very good. You've made exceptions to games that are well regarded. It'll be wise not to overlook NR2003

Also, again, add these games:
NASCAR Racing 2003 Season: Very Good
Xpand Rally: Bad
Cross Rally Championship: Bad
NASCAR SimRacing (2005 :P): Bad
Quote from Dajmin :Ew, first underlines and now everything in massive SUPER BOLD too? Are you trying to make me vomit?

what do u think?
YES!!!!!! :P
So, is anyone preparing a review of the games in the 'To Be Rated' list?? It would be nice to clear it before we add other games to it!

Shotgun on game MOTORM4X! I'm going to evaluate it + make a review of it as soon as it gets out.
Quote from Riders Motion :Shotgun on game MOTORM4X! I'm going to evaluate it + make a review of it as soon as it gets out.

It's not a sim.
That´s your personal list, I am completely disagree
There are a lot of features that could of made Bagger/Digger Simulator 2008.
1. actually track on top of the gravel, not through it
2. Really the same as above, able to say build a ramp and be able to track up it in the excavater/swing shovel.

Screenshot of what I mean when I say the tracks doesn't go on top of the gravel but goes through it.
Attached images
122.JPG

New Great Simulation Games
(133 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG