The online racing simulator
Anyone Want rFactor On The Cheap? {UK}
(84 posts, started )
Slightly off topic question: I think I got a copy of Rtractor with my g25 (a funny looking installation disk).

So what do I do with it? Install it, and go to rfactorcentral for mods? IIRC the game itself is rubbish.
#52 - Jakg
The G25 one is a demo.
You got a demo

Edit: Go away Jaq
hey do those headsets have a mic on them? also how much for a pair?
#55 - Jakg
Yes they do, but they have a 2.5mm jack on them.

You can have one for £500 as I really don't have time to dig them out of the loft right now :P
So why the hell doesn't it say it's a demo?? And what's the nearly registration key look alike doing there on the cd cover...

Good thing I asked before trying it out. Bloody morons shipping useless cd's!
Quote from hyntty :So why the hell doesn't it say it's a demo?? And what's the nearly registration key look alike doing there on the cd cover...

Good thing I asked before trying it out. Bloody morons shipping useless cd's!

Funny tho, you can download there demo aswell. So why the cd's?
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Funny tho, you can download there demo aswell. So why the cd's?

Maybe they only ship it to those who bought their g25's online
what's a 'so hunt'
#60 - MR_B
What's the product code Jakg? Having trouble finding it on the system.
#61 - Jakg
923228 iirc.

Probably won't show on the site, although will show on Eclipse.
Sorry about the bump, I just wanted to say thank you Jakg for the information. I got myself a copy today for the costly sum of 1 penny
They were well hidden away on some table in a staff only area.

Thanks again.
#63 - Jakg
Had a word with the manager - he said I could have 10 - If i bought anymore he would have to ask what I was doing with them :P

I even took staff discount, but it took 10% off 1p, then rounded to the nearest penny so I got screwed.

Erik - if you could PM me your address i'll find out how much it'll cost to send you your Christmas present
Quote from Jakg :I even took staff discount, but it took 10% off 1p, then rounded to the nearest penny so I got screwed.

Take the discount off the subtotal. Down to 9p
#65 - Jakg
That's the way I thought it worked (theres TOTAL price amend, and price amend - staff discount is total price amend, but still does it the retarded way), but apparently it doesn't.
Quote from Jakg :Had a word with the manager - he said I could have 10 - If i bought anymore he would have to ask what I was doing with them :P

I even took staff discount, but it took 10% off 1p, then rounded to the nearest penny so I got screwed.

Erik - if you could PM me your address i'll find out how much it'll cost to send you your Christmas present

PM sent!
#67 - Jakg
TYVM.

How exactly do I check it's not a demo? Theres no serial code on the outside of the package...
maybe it installs with the setup and it will be activated?
Quote from Jakg :TYVM.

How exactly do I check it's not a demo? Theres no serial code on the outside of the package...

I dont think it is the demo, I will check in a few days because if it is the demo I would have had it installed for over 30 days in a couple of days, so I will see if it still works.
Quote from sam93 :I dont think it is the demo, I will check in a few days because if it is the demo I would have had it installed for over 30 days in a couple of days, so I will see if it still works.

I thought the rFactor demo was only a 1 hour trial, not 30 days?
Quote from beefyman666 :I thought the rFactor demo was only a 1 hour trial, not 30 days?

I always thought it was 30 days, i'll have a look.

Yup it is 1 hour trial, it also only has 2 cars and 2 tracks. The version we have got hold of from PC World has all the cars unlocked and I can also install add ons.
The demo I got was time free, but only had 3 cars and 1 track. Must be a special Logitech demo
Quote from Jakg :Had a word with the manager - he said I could have 10 - If i bought anymore he would have to ask what I was doing with them :P

Sent you a pm seeing if you could ship to me, and how much it would be.
#74 - Jakg
Recieved and calculating.

Tried installing rF and it installed everything except rFactor.exe, so I can't actually run it. WTF.
#75 - Jakg
13.37 posts per day?! oh yes!

Checked the cost - ~£1.60, so say like £2 for PayPal fees etc.

Gotta check it's the full version first though...

Anyone Want rFactor On The Cheap? {UK}
(84 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG