The online racing simulator
Quote from reason0809 :i lol'd

I bet if there was one member from your family in the casualities you wouln't lol.
Seeing the news, and seeing the total of the damage, 1000 people feard dead is a sad but a very well held total. seeing the devistation from other eathquakes and tsunami's in the past. Japan has one solid country. my thoughts are with everyone there. Including Jim wilkinson
I hardly even know what to say.
I woke this morning and I heard 4 things from my mom. Earthquake, 8.9, Tsunami and Japan. Then I saw these vids and Jesus it's just awful.

Hearts out to them and all who have loved ones over there.
News about the nuclear reactor:
It's meassured radiation within the core of the structure 1000times the normal
Well according to the BBC

Quote :Technicians at the Fukushima Daiichi plant are set to release vapour from the unit in question to lower the pressure and prevent a meltdown.

Sounds like it's the coolant [i.e. water] getting really hot so they need to release some. The water comes into contact with the fuel so it's possible a tiny bit with be carried along. I doubt it's a really major issue.
Quote from The Very End :News about the nuclear reactor:
It's meassured radiation within the core of the structure 1000times the normal

And what's so wrong with that? It's a nuclear reactor, there is supposed to be radiation, the "normal" level refers to levels you can observe anywhere on Earth.

What happened is that because five power plants in the area went down, there is not enough electricity to run the reactor cooling system pumps. Even when the reactor shuts down, it continues to produce some heat because of certain unstable radioactive isotopes breaking down.

The BWR-type reactor used in Fukushima Daiichi uses a very safe design which stops the nuclear reaction when temperature in the reactor core exceeds safe limits. The worst thing that can happen is that the residual heat will cause some irreparable damage to the reactor core, but that would be more of an economical problem for Tepco rather than a Fallout like scenario.
The 1000 times normal is refering to standards within the cores of the plant, therfor it's alarming

When that is said they are releasing some fuel/water/thingy, which most likely will solve the problem.
Quote from The Very End :The 1000 times normal is refering to standards within the cores of the plant, therfor it's alarming

When that is said they are releasing some fuel, which most likely will solve the problem.

Where did you get this information from? I seriously doubt is as it's pretty much impossible for a BWR-type reactor to increase radiation levels within the core when it's shut down.
I know, you'd just eject the core if that started to happen.
Meltdown is very unlikely, but the fact that they are in emergency mode there tells you that there is a small probability of this happening. I seriously hope that it does not occur.
Save the GT-R's !
Quote from MadCatX :Where did you get this information from? I seriously doubt is as it's pretty much impossible for a BWR-type reactor to increase radiation levels within the core when it's shut down.

I'm using the information givven from the paper's homepage. I am not sure how reliable that information is, but I don't see a reason for them to lie either
oemg
exploshun
apparently

open this in one tab, google translate in the other and be up to date
with broken english

http://twitter.com/#!/NHK_PR
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/index.html

explosion heard, several workers injured
apparently the metal plates surrounding the reactor have melted :0
roof and walls of the building damaged
people evacuating
rad levels in the nearby area have already rise 20 times

dunno how legit this is and the winds are likely to deviate
If that is true:
HOLY SHI- :eek:
As of now there has been an explosion (I've seen it, probably all over the internets by now) but NO news on anything else.

So before you start digging a hole in the ground and start work on your nuclear bunker, take a deep breath, count to 10 (if you can), stop being a tool and wait for some offical news.

or thinking about it, they could have ejected the core, check the play back and slow it down..........
im guessing thats the worst case scenario
they don't even know yet how much it has leaked, or how long it will leak
best wishes to everyone in japan tbh :/
Quote from Fuse5 :im guessing thats the worst case scenario
they don't even know yet how much it has leaked, or how long it will leak
best wishes to everyone in japan tbh :/

That's where you went wrong
better to state that im guessing than saying that its a true fact while its not one
enough people here who can make their own conclusions with their own head tbh
no need to be a c unt just for the sake of it
There is. You're just spreading the bullshit without knowing anything.

All your posts have no relevance or context. Saying that radiation levels have gone up 20%, that doesn't mean anything without context, is that within limits, what were the levels before or have they even gone up?

Posting that radiation spread picture. Why? it's totally meaningless with out knowing what is actually was.

And then saying it's the worst case scenario, how is it? You don't even know what that explosion was.

And don't get me wrong, you could be totally right but you have no idea at all yet. It's just one of those things that gets me, like panic buying food or Fern Cotton on the radio.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG