The online racing simulator
Quote from anttt69 :So you think splitting atoms is a natural process?

Also, joining atoms (nuclear fusion) is the basis for a lot of things in nature (the sun and other stars for example).
#127 - Woz
The quake that hit Japan is between 800 & 15000 times bigger than the 6.3 that recently trashed Christchurch, they were lucky in ways that it was far out to sea. The 7.1 for which I lived within 15km of centre was bad enough, would hate to think what they experienced.

The thing I hate is that when they quote quake size, in this case 8.9, they do not quote if that was Richtor Scale (log10) or Moment Magnitude Scale (log32). Most of the time it is in the new MMS scale. Either wasy this is a massive massive quake that will have shifted the earths axis a slight amount.

Watching that wall of water come in and turn everything in its path into matchwood for 6 miles was not good. Seeing the cars try to outrun it was difficult watching, you knew you were watching death on a large scale.

Now to top it we have 6 reactor cores without cooling and near meltdown. I also know from experience that they will be in for a year+ of after shocks, in this case bigger than what the people of Canterbury have had to live through.

This is a sad sad day that will get far far worse as as days tick on

Quote from amp88 :Also, joining atoms (nuclear fusion) is the basis for a lot of things in reality (the son and other stars) for example.

The very end and I predictaded the plant would blow up.

I. we didn't say you'd be fried,,,it.s just we dont want to see a mushroom (ORANGE SKIES os in the sky)

Thanks for the input..Be well I Live in Elliot Lake, has some of the deepest mines in the world..but if you be believe things are not chaging...continue on.

I Offer any refuge housing to a displace preson.
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :Over 300 dead already *Cries*

What can I say? I wish that, under these circumstances, the damage is as small as possible.

I've seen the pictures on tv, I know "small" isn't like small, but not getting too big...

I hope there won't be many more that died, and most are safe now.

city /Town...17000..this morning 9500 missing...3600 are living in my Kitchen.

Thoughts are with you and yours
Quote from DevilDare :Where do you even start to clear a mess like that.

We follow your lead...you pick up the frist stick and some people will start to help.

You might want to dare devil..it's like teasing a big dog.
Reading some of the comments on facebook want me to ragequit the whole internet.

Ok, so let's say Pearl Harbour, but what about the two mother ****ing atom bombs then? Holy mother of god, the people in this world is more stupid than I first though.

There are also been a second explosion on a other powerplant this night, and 170 000 are beeing evacuated. The situation is unclear atm. but dramastic.
Thoughts?

Edit: Wrong info. The newspaper has edited the info now and tells it's a high risk of a NEW explosion, but it has not occured yet.
Sorry :/
Sad thing goin on there..
Kudos to that 60year old giffer found 9miles at sea. I didn't know there were Japanese-Jews, he sure as hell didn't wanna give up his property did he?
Quote from The Very End :Reading some of the comments on facebook want me to ragequit the whole internet.

Ok, so let's say Pearl Harbour, but what about the two mother ****ing atom bombs then? Holy mother of god, the people in this world is more stupid than I first though.

There are also been a second explosion on a other powerplant this night, and 170 000 are beeing evacuated. The situation is unclear atm. but dramastic.
Thoughts?

Edit: Wrong info. The newspaper has edited the info now and tells it's a high risk of a NEW explosion, but it has not occured yet.
Sorry :/

A third nuclear power plant is now facing debilitating failures to its cooling system after an earthquake and tsunami rocked the eastern coast of Japan on Friday.
Tokyo's Kyodo News agency is reporting that the cooling system pumps have stopped at the Tokai No. 2 nuclear power plant in the Ibaraki prefecture.
The news follows closely on the heels of a state of emergency being called at another nuclear plant in the Miyagi prefecture, one of the areas hit hard by Friday's earthquake and tsunami.
The UN's atomic watchdog said the Onagawa nuclear facility went into a state of emergency on Sunday after excessive radiation levels were recorded.

This is just so unreal...
Japan didn't even do anything to deserve this... Just why them :/ Hopefully the bad news will end soon. Hopefully.
Just a side note from what I saw I think it was dadge say earlier - low down is the last place I'd want to be if there was a concern over nuclear fallout - get me high up - the radioactive particles are heavy and will fall to the ground.

Been watching about this all at work at the station the last couple days - amazing videos of everything, but the country is quite obviously prepared for the quake part - the tsunami was the kicker that is fubaring everything.

I think that the NPPs under Scrams / states of emergency will probably be similar to Three Mile Island in terms of how their meltdown will go (if it occurs) moreso than what Chernobyl was. (Wikipedia links provided for reference for those who want some reading :P)
Another explosion today?

Apparently they have abandoned the attempts to cool the thing down...
oh well lets hope japan won't look like chernobyl...
Quote from skywatcher122 :oh well lets hope japan won't look like chernobyl...

It's really unlikely, Chernobyl went so bad so quickly because the reactor was at high power, it didn't have a containment vessel and it went bang, blowing the radioactive stuff into the atmosphere. Worst case scenario in Japan won't be anywhere near the scale of Chernobyl.
Even if this results in a meltdown it won't be a new Tjernobyl. The size of the reactors are smaller, aswell that - if I understand right, the fuel used / materials inside won't cause as big mess as it did in Tjernobyl.
Before and after satellite photos. Move the slider to see the before and after.

Photos
Funny how those few Americans say it's payback for Pearl Harbour, even though they got nuked... twice. The real funny thing is, have you heard of any looting? Or people going out on raping rampages like when Katrina hit America? No because clearly, the Japanese are better people morally.
I have never heard any of the anti Japanese things "some Americans" are saying and I live in the heart of texas. I suspect a lot of that is concocted to sate the thirst for anti American sentiment
Quote from Xaid0n :Really crazy.... The worst thing about that is the cars still driving about when the camera panned into the city..... Hope they made it, but judging the force of that water it seems unlikely.

one of the victims are my love ones ...........i must moved on b'cuz that's the life
It's creepy how there is a manga that's about a big earthquake in Tokio.

The earthquake in the manga had 8.1 on the richter scale, and the date of it was 23rd February 20xx.

It's just been about 3 weeks since that date, and the real earthquake was even worse

@skywatcher122: Sorry to hear that, my condolences
The newspapers now tells that the situation is dramastic and unclear on the nuclear plant. If what they tells it's true, a meltdown can happen within 24 hours if the situation does not improve.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG