The online racing simulator
Quote from Mustafur :It seems to be a general habit now, that drivers are not using thier mirrors.

Yea but somehow, to some people, that's acceptable now. Don't check your mirrors and shut a door thats being blocked open by another car and it's their fault. Hmm
Quote from Mustafur :It seems to be a general habit now, that drivers are not using thier mirrors.

Wrong. Every driver wants to get as high finish as possible. So why they need to write their progress off by not watching mirrors. Only some amateur drivers are doing this on propose, becose watching on mirrors might lose their consentration and stuff.
Quote :Traffic problems: Hamilton gets stuck behind Red Bull's Mark Webber

Definate daily fail...
Quote :Frustrated: Hamilton tries to pass Fernando Alonso

Oh dear Daily Mail.
Quote from TypeRacing :Wrong. Every driver wants to get as high finish as possible. So why they need to write their progress off by not watching mirrors. Only some amateur drivers are doing this on propose, becose watching on mirrors might lose their consentration and stuff.

Sure focus on what's in front when the time allows, but looking in the mirrors is crucial to make sure your car can survive the race, vettel on webber last year is a perfect example.
glad I've miss the race, F1 is nothing but a joke this year, they introduce the DSR and bring back the kers to help overtaking but as soon as there is a contact the driver gets a penality, it's pure bs
Everytime I think of this past race all I can think of is:

"Don't hate the player hate the game".

Works well in my eyes.
funny how the local village idiot is for hard racing but crys like a little girl when someone shuts the door hard and expects him to jump out of the way and grant him an easy pass as soon as hes barely got his front wing inside
Quote from Shotglass :funny how the local village idiot is for hard racing but crys like a little girl when someone shuts the door hard and expects him to jump out of the way and grant him an easy pass as soon as hes barely got his front wing inside

Barely got his wing inside? He was halfway up the side of him and maldonado expected him to disappear, theres a difference between shutting the door and making it hard for someone to intentionally turning into someone.
I've been quite happy to see a large chunk of the racing community have come out in support of Hamilton. Maybe because they were taught one of the most basic lessons in racing, and it is v.e.r.y basic. This is the sorta thing you learn when you're 6 years old. - leave a gap and then turn-in hard, you will most probably crash out... don't do it... because that's stupid. Don't be stupid. don't expect other drivers to be complete pussies and race single-file waiting for pit stops. They will exploit gaps you leave.

Doesn't absolve Hamilton of responsibility because he took the risk. A risk that the FIA wanted him to take otherwise why put a DRS zone proceeding the corner. But a risk nonetheless. But a good driver wouldn't leave a gap in the first place.
I strongly believe that Hamilton was trying to overtake Massa in that photo.
... and Mark Webber is actually Jaime.
Quote from Intrepid :And as we know Senna was an idiot who knew nothing about racing....

I like how its soo relevent
I am convinced some drivers just aren't suited to F1. Once you peel back the so-called 'prestige' it's a sub-standard racing series. I'd rather race somewhere else.
Intrepid, that quote in your sig. Love it.

No politics, just pure driving, pure racing.
Nobody goes to Monaco expecting to be overtaken, or at least they didn't before. Getting passed at Monaco makes you look bad.

Unlike some of you, I think Maldo and particularly Massa saw Hamilton coming and did what they did anyway.
Quote from sinbad :Nobody goes to Monaco expecting to be overtaken, or at least they didn't before. Getting passed at Monaco makes you look bad.

Unlike some of you, I think Maldo and particularly Massa saw Hamilton coming and did what they did anyway.

I think you've called it, and I would go further to say that it was a good race spoiled by some crazy rulings.

Maldo did his team a disservice, and my respect has fallen for him. Not for the rookie mistake, but his comments afterwards. Massa's antics we've grown to expect, so no great surprise there. Hamilton lost the moral high ground with his post race comments.

edit: Oh, and what the hell was that Daily Mail article about? Comments about traffic problems on Mars could quite easily have been made and it would have been more accurate.
We need more Hamilton's and Kobayashi's not more Piquet's(jnr) and ide's.
Quote from Squelch :I think you've called it, and I would go further to say that it was a good race spoiled by some crazy rulings.

Maldo did his team a disservice, and my respect has fallen for him. Not for the rookie mistake, but his comments afterwards. Massa's antics we've grown to expect, so no great surprise there. Hamilton lost the moral high ground with his post race comments.

edit: Oh, and what the hell was that Daily Mail article about? Comments about traffic problems on Mars could quite easily have been made and it would have been more accurate.

After looked at a replay of the Lewis - Massa contact, Massa was such an ass trying to defend that corner. He turned in early deliberately, and to avoid Lewis going completely alongside him he didn't braked as hard as he should've been, so he actually ran into the back of Webber!
If Lewis had caused an avoidable collision, then Massa was surely worse! He ran into 2 cars to try to stop a pass from happening!

PS. I have said some pretty harsh things on the Toro Rosso drivers, and having looked at replays and calm down a bit 2 days after the race I realised it was too harsh.
Mark Hughes writes a nice balanced article of the fate of McLarens strategy this weekend.

BBC F1

I hate to gloat, but that is how I called it before the race. If the safety car hadn't come out when it did, then Jenson was sitting pretty with his strategy, but they are the gambles you take, and it can all go wrong. I still think Alonso was looking ragged before the red flag, and Seb's tyres may or may not have hung on. The reset, took any possibility of testing that theory out though.
Quote from Mustafur :This is all that has to be said: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko94oniszuA

Quote from Intrepid :And as we know Senna was an idiot who knew nothing about racing....

Quote from Mustafur :I like how its soo relevent

Senna's quote was his initial defense for crashing into Prost in 1990. Later he admitted it was entirely premeditated and on purpose. Not sure if it's the best quote to defend Hamilton with really.

Personally I applaud him for trying and for getting nearly alongside, but he has to know that drivers won't get out of the way until he's completely alonside. Until that point it's the leading driver's corner, and he has the right to turn in when he wants to. Hamilton needed to consider that, and should have backed out a little earlier from the moves the didn't work. He made several that did work to prove it can be done, but let emotions get the better of him again during the moves that didn't work out properly.

If racing was all about going for a gap that was about to be closed, then most drivers would be killed before they got the F3!

And pulling the racism card, even 'in jest', was a bit too far really. Yet again Hamilton spoils everything by opening his mouth after a race. I like outspoken drivers, but only when they're sensible about it. Mindless "the team did a great job" most of the time, followed by "is it because I'm black" comments aren't good outspoken comments that we're after, surely? Irvine, Villeneuve, Hunt etc were 'liked' because they never came out with the PR speak in the first place.
Quote from tristancliffe :Senna's quote was his initial defense for crashing into Prost in 1990. Later he admitted it was entirely premeditated and on purpose. Not sure if it's the best quote to defend Hamilton with really.

Personally I applaud him for trying and for getting nearly alongside, but he has to know that drivers won't get out of the way until he's completely alonside. Until that point it's the leading driver's corner, and he has the right to turn in when he wants to. Hamilton needed to consider that, and should have backed out a little earlier from the moves the didn't work. He made several that did work to prove it can be done, but let emotions get the better of him again during the moves that didn't work out properly.

Yep, agreed 100%.

Formula 1 Grand Prix De Monaco 2011
(542 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG