The online racing simulator
Funny how plate races in real life look exactly like iRacing, outside lines can only get to within a couple cars of the front of the line inside them before they lose steam unless you have a really fast car. Kenseth probably would have won it if he had left the Bif behind and just raced Tony to the line, I would have been so pissed if he won another one though.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :What a boring race.

The nationwide race was good. Screw the cup package and go nw style imo.
Quote from Mustangman759 :The nationwide race was good. Screw the cup package and go nw style imo.

Who knows what the new cup cars will race like next year on the plate tracks . It might be something like it, but who knows..

We'll have to wait until late January/early February to figure that out.
Quote from Cornys :Who knows what the new cup cars will race like next year on the plate tracks . It might be something like it, but who knows..

Yes, your completely right. I just prefer the NW style because they can still push a bit but cant do it for that long.
Quote from Mustangman759 :Junior 1st DNF of the season car didnt pass line :|

He passed the line, don't worry. I recorded the onboard, as he was crashing TJ was guiding him to the line. He then did a burnout into the grass trying to get back to pitroad before just parking it for safety reasons or whatever.

Quote from Cornys :Who knows what the new cup cars will race like next year on the plate tracks . It might be something like it, but who knows..

Just put the ol' wickers on'm.
Just out of couriosity, what says that NASCAR won't completly get rid of the side skirts which they are trying to pull off of the ground so hard for the 2013 cars? What would it hurt if they cut down the rear spoiler for all tracks like they do at the plate tracks.

Less aero-push I'd assume, and in theory more passing. Maybe less speed, but that wouldn't cause me to complain.

Wickers would just make the draft unstable would it not? I don't really know what that would help.. Unless there's more to the wicker bill than what I am presently aware of.
With the overheating like it is, it would just create more passing. Just creates a bigger pocket to draft and creates "suck up" to a large degree. It would stop that 1 lane action for 150 laps like we saw last night.

And yes, less downforce is obviously what they need. I don't really care how slow they are in the corners.
Jack Roush was stated as saying that Matt Kenseth is going to "the dark side" next year.

Must be going to Toyota knowing how he feels about that make

Also, here's this week's penalties from Daytona: http://www.nascar.com/news/120 ... tona-penalties/index.html
Dinger requested B sample to be tested
Quote from Cornys :Who wouldn't?

Just stated he did, which means he is not on drugs (which I hope is the case) or he is going to become the next Mayfield :P
Quote from Cornys :It would be nice to see a Sprint Cup race there honestly . They need more road races.. maybe 5 or 6 in the schedule would be nice to get rid of the repeat of some lacking ovals in at track attendance (Dover's Chase race for a road race for example)

4 would be good too, Road America Sears, Watkins, and Montreal. Or even throw mexico in since they ran NWS down their once iirc.
Those 4 races would be a good start. They would IMO need to sort them into the schedule like they do restrictor plate races. Basically one each quarter.
Quote from PMD9409 :Those 4 races would be a good start. They would IMO need to sort them into the schedule like they do restrictor plate races. Basically one each quarter.

Agreed. I like the oval races, but changing it up here and there would make it more interesting.
street track pls ;DD

i keed
That doesn't fall into the NASCAR topic, more in the lines of a mental institution topic.

Jack: St.Pete? I wouldn't mind.

I would rather see Sebring though.
Quote from PMD9409 :That doesn't fall into the NASCAR topic, more in the lines of a mental institution topic.

Jack: St.Pete? I wouldn't mind.

I would rather see Sebring though.

Sebring would be epic tbh.
Rather have RA
I'd take Laguna, but it'd replace RoadAm. I'd also replace Laguna with Ratlanta.
Quote from PMD9409 :I'd take Laguna, but it'd replace RoadAm. I'd also replace Laguna with Ratlanta.

Road America is too long for NASCAR in my opinion, but it usually does bring good racing and it's in a good location

Seca would provide a high number of passing zones as opposed to Sonoma.. that was my reasoning for trading Sonoma.. which lacks them. Sonoma is a Speedway Motorsports Inc. owned track though, so it's pretty much here to stay.. which is good unless it will give way to a better road course

2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
(1589 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG