The online racing simulator
Quote from Gougoodthing :Oops, I thought Texas had a double header...

Didn't Iowa have a double header? Or were they qualifying races?

Texas was scheduled to have one but they were merged into a single race again. Iowa had the qualifying heat races.
2013 Schedule is out, Pocono is back with a 400 miler on July 7th. Also 3 double headers.
Pocono will be interesting, wonder what kind of speeds we will see.
Looks like Tony George wants to buy the series off his family with the Support of teams, in what is basically identical to what Cart was before TG had a PMS rage, my picture is pretty much what i think of this as the guy can't be trusted.
The 2013 schedule loks nice Nice to see the newly repaved Ponono back on the schedule

Hopefully no sophomore attendance slump there
Make Pocono 500 miles, bring back the Triple Crown, keep TG out of Indycar (again), he wrecked it before and he'll do it once again if given the chance.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Make Pocono 500 miles, bring back the Triple Crown, keep TG out of Indycar (again), he wrecked it before and he'll do it once again if given the chance.

Apprently ABC wont let them make it any longer due to time commitments, but if it works expect it to be a 500 miler the year after.

As for TG, well im sure no one wants him anywhere near this series problem is he has alot of corporate friends in high places.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :...bring back the Triple Crown..

I thought they were with the Pocono leg being 400 miles
Okay, that's cool

I wonder if the double header races will come with one ticket or one for each day (or double the price for one ticket). Maybe a way around the santioning fee breaking the bank at a few tracks . Just thinking out loud really.

If it's the same price now for 2 races (or nearly the same) I may be found at one of the closest races
If I can get the VIP pass and on top of the parking garage in the center of the track (also the paddock for the teams at the bottom), then I will most likely be at St.Pete.
Quote from Cornys :I thought they were with the Pocono leg being 400 miles

No, the old Triple Crown, 1971-1989 was Indy (500 miles), Ontario (500 miles) and Pocono (500 miles), there was never a 400 miler in it period. Then after Ontario's closure in 1980, Indy went to Michigan and moved that into Ontario's slot, and ran the Triple Crown up until 89, their last visit to Pocono
Quote from Cornys :Maybe a way around the santioning fee breaking the bank at a few tracks . Just thinking out loud really.

Can't recall where I read/heard that, but IIRC the sanctioning fee will only increase by 10% for the double headers.

IndyCar really wasn't in position to ask for more anyway, they were the ones who wanted more races. Plus, the teams will already be at the track, so there shouldn't be many extra expenses(although one more race might equal to more crash damage for the teams, especially at Toronto?).
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :(although one more race might equal to more crash damage for the teams, especially at Toronto?).

Maybe it will develop into a WTCC style race strategy, somehow surviving race 1 and going full risk race 2... I guess it only works if Sato doesn't get to race these races
Quote from TFalke55 :Maybe it will develop into a WTCC style race strategy, somehow surviving race 1 and going full risk race 2...

Don't think so. There's a 24 hours(~) break between both races, so they should be able to fix everything in time in most cases.

Even if the team is short on spare parts, I'm pretty sure there's still the option of buying parts from other teams between both races. There's even the case of Dale Coyne's James Jakes going out on a KV chassis at Las Vegas last year(OK, I'm not sure if the deal would have been possible if this wasn't the last ever race with those cars).
The Italian newspaper La Repubblica reports some heavy negotiations for a 2013 September race at Mugello. With the experience of China this year, we cannot expect an early announcement.
Quote from TFalke55 :The Italian newspaper La Repubblica reports some heavy negotiations for a 2013 September race at Mugello. With the experience of China this year, we cannot expect an early announcement.

The big theory is that it might come with an FIAT-group badged IndyCar engine.

A street race at Napoli is also in the works for 2014, but according to the latest news, the first layout proposal has just been rejected by the city.

IndyCar sure remembers the China fiasco, just see how quiet they've been on that front until now. The first rumours about it came from the Eastern side of the pond.
I know this is farfetched but im betting Mugello will be in next year as well as a Fiat(Likely SRT) factory backed Coloni team.
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :So TK not one of the ten best drivers in the field? Not what the standings say.

I'm pretty sure it was a 2012-only top 10, not a all-career top 10.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :I'm pretty sure it was a 2012-only top 10, not a all-career top 10.

Still not what the standings say!
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :Still not what the standings say!

He wasn't going by the standings, he was ranking them by talent and how good he thinks they are.
Quote from Mustafur :I know this is farfetched but im betting Mugello will be in next year as well as a Fiat(Likely SRT) factory backed Coloni team.

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :The big theory is that it might come with an FIAT-group badged IndyCar engine.

A street race at Napoli is also in the works for 2014, but according to the latest news, the first layout proposal has just been rejected by the city.

IndyCar sure remembers the China fiasco, just see how quiet they've been on that front until now. The first rumours about it came from the Eastern side of the pond.

I wonder if it'll be Dodge. That could create some spectacular lines for IndyCar PR. "Dodge leaving NASCAR for IndyCar" or something like that. Though I wouldn't mind a European FIAT brand. Any new manufacturer is good for the series and a European race is good for us European IndyCar fans.
Quote from Mustafur :He wasn't going by the standings, he was ranking them by talent and how good he thinks they are.

And I think that Yuri's statement is that the points are what matter at the end and that the are not confirming Bourdais'.

2012 IndyCar Series
(957 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG