The online racing simulator
except for the fact of few buttons
Quote from Rob76 :Amazon.com says my G25 shipped today, for delivery on the 12th

Wont it have a US power supply?

EDIT, sorry looked at your Flag, not your location!!
wooooooo!
i just got one from eb games in western australia

thanks heaps gunn for the linkage

only problem is the software doesnt work in vista rc1

anyone know how to fix this?
or should i reinstall xp tonight?
I just got my G25 today w00t!!!

i'm so happy with it. ultimate new experience in LFS
Anyone spoken to Gameseek?! they're still saying 2 days to release!!!! I hope they're not fooling us!

*EDIT*
Oh and on the sly I managed to find their phone number if anyone wants to give it a try...

0870 803 4988
this wheel is beyond words!

my driving skill has improved ten-fold!

i can catch slides really easy now!

it just feels like it should

and thank you devs for having the shifter automatically mapped ingame to each gear, works like a dream

i have tried the lx4 and xrt so far
and its just too good to be true
I got quite hopeful this morning, I popped outside to the mail box, and my neighbour comes over with a big parcel, I thought "yay G25 is here". Unfortunately it was just some RC bodyshells

I emailed Gameseek a couple of days ago asking if they were still expecting to ship the units by the 13th, no reply yet.

Can't really see the point phoning them yet, if they push it back again I'll give them a ring and ask if they have an actual date from Logi or if they're guessing.
Quote from Rtsbasic :I got quite hopeful this morning, I popped outside to the mail box, and my neighbour comes over with a big parcel, I thought "yay G25 is here". Unfortunately it was just some RC bodyshells

I emailed Gameseek a couple of days ago asking if they were still expecting to ship the units by the 13th, no reply yet.

Can't really see the point phoning them yet, if they push it back again I'll give them a ring and ask if they have an actual date from Logi or if they're guessing.

Good plan
Quote from Cue-Ball :It looks like Amazon screwed up. I'm guessing they listed the wheel as available before they actually had it, because orders placed through them were postponed to arrive in early December!

I placed an order through Dell and it has been shipped out. It should arrive Wednesday. My friend who had ordered through Amazon cancelled his order and reordered through CDW. Their price was cheaper, their shipping was cheaper, and the didn't charge him tax. So, he'll have to wait a few days extra, but will save about $50 in the process.

When I ordered from Amazon on the 10th it was estimating 1-2 weeks delivery, but not long after the order they changed the estimated delivery to the 12th October and the G25 product page on their main website said '2 left in stock'.

I have a tracking number and it's due for delivery tomorrow, so it looks like I was lucky enough to get one of Amazon's first batch.

I had a $25 voucher and free 2-day shipping (Amazon Prime), so it was $275. It's out of state, so no tax (if the MA DOR are reading I'll pay on my 2006 tax return ).
Quote from Robster230 :Wont it have a US power supply?

they all come with the same power supply ... only the plug is different
Heh, it's already down to ~$258 bucks on Amazon.com :/
Rang the dealer where I ordered my G25... They said delivery is due end of next week, but it's unconfirmed whether it really ships next week... Waiting sucks...
Eric, is there any chance you could record your driving, drifting with G25 via a Digital camera? I would love to see it in action..
Nice comparison but...
Quote from Eric Tetz :The G25 is also running at 4 times the samping rate, "G25 is a full-speed USB device reporting at 500hz (as opposed to the DFP, which is low speed and reports at 125hz)."

LFS only polls the USB at 100Hz (which I thought was standard? perhaps that's only USB1.1), so that point it moot.
100Hz = once in every 0.01 seconds?

If so, even 50Hz would be high enough for game inputs..
Perhaps a decent wheel would change my recent abstinence towards LFS. I just feel like I'm not progressing any more.

Meh... I'm torn between getting one and not now. More so that I know of a place in the UK with 1 pre-order left and their shipment supposedly coming in tomorrow... The question is, will the bank balance survive if I do...
Quote from the_angry_angel :The question is, will the bank balance survive if I do...

Mine didn't. At all!
But what the heck, should I care? I'M GETTING A G25!
Gameseek now down to 1 day..if they push it back this late I'm gonna be annoyed, can't wait to get it. Using an MS Sidewinder non-ff just doesn't feel the same after a full DFP/ACT Labs setup.
Quote from Matt_Driver :i can catch slides really easy now!

Maybe it's just me but I could whip my Formula Force wheel back and forth really fast, making it easy to catch slides, now I have to spin the wheel a whole 1 and a half turns really quickly to catch a slide, so now I spin out a lot more. But is definetly cooler having a wheel that turns this much
Quote from BrandonAGr :Maybe it's just me but I could whip my Formula Force wheel back and forth really fast, making it easy to catch slides, now I have to spin the wheel a whole 1 and a half turns really quickly to catch a slide, so now I spin out a lot more. But is definetly cooler having a wheel that turns this much

You might want to start with a smaller lock to lock, and slowly get bigger.. the from from Fo' Force to 900 degrees will certainly have the effect you speak of! same with folks who jumped to DFP 900
Quote from fyfey :I did a search on http://www.froogle.co.uk and found it for £141.31... but nowhere has it in stock at the moment!

Indeed. Thats a pretty good price from digitialkind - and I've got to say they're a fairly good supplier. We've used them for work on occasion when the trade suppliers are all out.

For the record I'd steer clear of Insight UK as they say they will be having 1 in tomorrow - but fail to mention its already allocated until you ring up and that they wont be getting another 1 until 23rd. Again already allocated. Grrr.
Quote from Robster230 :Anyone spoken to Gameseek?! they're still saying 2 days to release!!!! I hope they're not fooling us!

*EDIT*
Oh and on the sly I managed to find their phone number if anyone wants to give it a try...

0870 803 4988

I have spoken to them as i have been in contact with one of them alot....I was told they are still on target for this week but if not this week it will be next week. He phoned logitech up for me to find out if its still going ahead but normally gameseek would have it as in stock now if they were to have them send out by friday and they aint. So i recon if logitech keep to there promis we will have the wheels by next week.
Quote from B11TME :I have spoken to them as i have been in contact with one of them alot....I was told they are still on target for this week but if not this week it will be next week. He phoned logitech up for me to find out if its still going ahead but normally gameseek would have it as in stock now if they were to have them send out by friday and they aint. So i recon if logitech keep to there promis we will have the wheels by next week.

Positive news, lets hope they're right
So..I won't have mine tomorrow? Another weekend with only an MS Sidewinder..I dare not even race with it half the time, I used to be fast and clean with it, never realised how dependant I became on force feedback..now i'm rubbish without it.

B11TME, thanks for letting us know btw. If you speak with them again please keep us posted!
I know what you mean, last night for NO reason my DFP decided no to have FF until I quit out of LFS and reload it.. I was all over the shop! couldn't correct even the slightest slide in the FOX!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG