The online racing simulator

Poll : Do You think there should be a mountain drift course?

Closed since :
Yes
No
lets just say: a mountain course would be good for ALL types of racing, so bring it on!

and about the ricer: ricer is all pimped out car but nothing done to the engine(if im right) so about the neon and big spoilers, to me if there engines r top-tuned they arent ricers,

Goodnight
Kevin
Quote from Scrabby :

and about the ricer: ricer is all pimped out car but nothing done to the engine(if im right) so about the neon and big spoilers, to me if there engines r top-tuned they arent ricers,

Goodnight
Kevin

I still think its rice, because (yeah, my opinion), it looks plain retarded. Big ass wings on FULL BLOWN RACE/TRACK CARS still look stupid, but its not rice because its actualy serving a purpose. Doesnt mean that EVERYTHING for looks that doesnt serve a purpose, like rims (theres still ricy ones), and SUBTLE aero is rice, but it should be pretty obvious what is and what isnt.
ok, but maybe the rims are lightweight rims and would come in handy on track, but i just wanted to say not every tuned car is a ricy car

Greetings,
Kevin
Quote from Scrabby :ok, but maybe the rims are lightweight rims and would come in handy on track, but i just wanted to say not every tuned car is a ricy car

Greetings,
Kevin

What it really matters if it happen to be rice? Everyone likes what feels and looks nice, ignore others and do your own thing, that is best thing to do
Quote from Scrabby :ok, but maybe the rims are lightweight rims and would come in handy on track, but i just wanted to say not every tuned car is a ricy car

Greetings,
Kevin

'

Nope, theres plenty of cars that are tastefully done up. Its just he neons, and the body kits that dont even flow with the lines of the body are rice to me.
Don't know if I am qualified to enter this flame-war. Haven't driven any car around a race track IRL and am several seconds away from WR in LFS.

Mountain sounds nice. A track done just for hill climb sounds stupid. A track done just for down hill sounds stupid.

A track that goes up and down and around a mountain sounds really nice. The problem with making it look like a public road is that you don't get many places that enable passing. Therefore it might become a track where you drive in a cue. (The reason I don't watch F1) IMO the purpose of LSF is racing against other players(plural!) and a very narrow track wont fit the bill.

IMO a track should have places where you can make a pass without crashing or endangering the other drivers.
Quote from JTbo :End of rice discussion

Lima Oscar Lima That's hilarious :thumb3d: (Gotta love Urban Dictionary)

It gets tiresome to read all the acrimony between drifters, racers, tuners, Licenced, Demos, et al.

This sub-forum is a Suggestion forum, where ideas/requests can be presented by the members, discussed, and considered by the Devs (or not). Why some of these threads turn into panty twist, sandy kitty flame-wars says a lot about some people...
Quote from March Hare :IMO a track should have places where you can make a pass without crashing or endangering the other drivers.

Most mountain passes have passing lanes ever so often
Quote from Scrabby :is this allready the end it could have lived for so many years

All good end too soon

I think that route should be designed so that overtaking is possible, like in south city sprint 2 or Fern bay green reversed, those are nice courses where overtaking is still very possible, one thing I would like to see in mountain course is variable track width, that is one important aspect of those.
doesnt matter wich track there will always be a possibilty to take over, even in the bushes...
Quote from March Hare :A track done just for hill climb sounds stupid.

Yeah, good point, why am I even bothering to build a car to compete in hillclimb competitions, it wouldn't be fun or competitive to take part in that form of motorsport at all :chairs:
This argument needs to end. Just read my post above this, and that says everything.

SOoooooooooooooo

lets turn this into the ^ < v forum game.

you put ^ and write somthing about hte person above you

< about your slef
v about who posts below you (yes, your not supposed to know who it is)

^ likes hillclimbs
< likes cars
v likes doritos
^ Has cracked 1000 miles on LFS
< Is working on two cars for competition
v Lives on planet Earth

(yeah, this is much better )
^ stalker who knows my milage, when even i cant figure out how to kno my OWN milage
< spends too much time on LFS and LFSforums
V thinks LFS is a really awsome game
^ the guy from USA with a disturbing avatar...he's cool
< Wants hillclimb course, and Grip/Drift war to end
V is going to post after me
^ thinks this is really stupid
< knows that this is really stupid
V is the latest patch
^ Can't sing :P
< Is eating chocolate.
V Has been to the Ring.
Quote from hrtburnout :
V Has been to the Ring.

dont count this post, but I believe that because hrtburnout has done such a statement for the next poster...the thread ends here...
^ named after a cephalopod
< Is sick of reading spam every time he comes to this forum to read about non-spam
V probably is too
Quote from Primoz :An Initial D style road would be in some cases quite useless for most of the cars (Emperor track for example - one lane only). I'm all for an uphill/downhill road but it has to be wide enough for the GTRs and Formulas to drive on and pass with some gap, otherwise it could be just used for single car sprints. Then there's the problem of completing a lap. Bathurst would be best IMO

An Initial D type track would be used from point A to point B. Wouldn't it be stupid to restart after every run when you can do 15 laps now?

(ex-drifter here)

It would be pointless to go from A to be as LFS is meant for circuits but
i think that there is one mounain course u can run laps with the Initial D arcade machine i remember watching a video when this guy races but he runs 2 laps this may be a pointless post but here is there video

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7STMBtiLqAg

And the Initial D arcade machines all run on real mountain tracks dont they?

im not sure what track this is but it seems wide enough maybe.

__________________________________________________________________________________

^ A guy who hates seeing spam everywhere
< Trying to use his wheel better and drift better
v A guy who came to read the argument and was expecting world peace.

^ Fellow Brit

< Still waiting for a dev's opinion on a course like this

v Someone purely devoted to hotlapping coming for a quick laugh.
Quote from dizzlez :It would be pointless to go from A to be as LFS is meant for circuits but
i think that there is one mounain course u can run laps with the Initial D arcade machine i remember watching a video when this guy races but he runs 2 laps this may be a pointless post but here is there video

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7STMBtiLqAg

And the Initial D arcade machines all run on real mountain tracks dont they?

im not sure what track this is but it seems wide enough maybe.

I don't think width will become too much of problem, but tight turns might, they forgot to install front wheels that actually do turn to those silly wing monsters with too much power for most of players.

I really do not like from street racing, however could not find any better footage from this route so let's not go to stupid street racing debate, please.:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbTW4aS3YgY

Width of road is not constant, wider and narrower places etc. Narrow it should be anyway, if formula cars don't fit in then they don't, does UF1000 fit to oval? Surely you can drive with it on oval, but that will be most boring and there just is no any fun to it, F1 car can go around tightest corners too, maybe need to reverse a bit but that is just same as with UF1000 and oval, imo.

Good mountain road is not for everyone however, can't imagine to have good races with inexperienced racers on such, but I like from such challenge. Also look all those bumps, car could set off to air if driven enough fast for some of those so you need to be really careful.

Oh yes, could you please limit playing games to our general off-topic discussion arena, please?
Quote from JTbo :I don't think width will become too much of problem, but tight turns might, they forgot to install front wheels that actually do turn to those silly wing monsters with too much power for most of players.

I really do not like from street racing, however could not find any better footage from this route so let's not go to stupid street racing debate, please.:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbTW4aS3YgY

Width of road is not constant, wider and narrower places etc. Narrow it should be anyway, if formula cars don't fit in then they don't, does UF1000 fit to oval? Surely you can drive with it on oval, but that will be most boring and there just is no any fun to it, F1 car can go around tightest corners too, maybe need to reverse a bit but that is just same as with UF1000 and oval, imo.

Good mountain road is not for everyone however, can't imagine to have good races with inexperienced racers on such, but I like from such challenge. Also look all those bumps, car could set off to air if driven enough fast for some of those so you need to be really careful.

Oh yes, could you please limit playing games to our general off-topic discussion arena, please?

I started the game cuz the topic was just getting rediculous.

Anyways, thats a pretty cool vid. At first i thought it was only a one way mountain road, because it was so narrow, then i saw the first car coming the other way, and i just thought, holy crap that is dangerous. A track like that, and i track like the three videos i posted (either at top of this page or on the page before this) would be perfect

Mountian Drift Course
(482 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG